• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32492 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
cattrin

Drawing Avatars for Tips- Four Year Anniversary! Reply to this Post

Hello all, just setting up my new shop for the year. Dusting off old examples, showing off new ones!

It's been four years guys.

Four.

Years.

You've kept me busy and I have no thought to stop!

Now that I'm in university, my time for drawing has become short, but I will still take orders. c: Just keep in mind, these will have an indefinite wait. If you post between September and May, I will put you in my queue, but I probably will not get back to you with art until the summer.*

*Unless you act now and order in the next 3-4 days! I'm on break, and that means I'm free for drawing.

Another change I'm going to try out this year is instead of youtube videos, which has become cumbersome and time-consuming, I am instead going to livestream my drawings in real-time! More about this later.

[Here's a link to 2014's shop]
[2013's]
[2012's]
[And 2011's]

I'll draw pretty much anything you'd like me to, within reason. Event banners, desktop backgrounds, ect, but my main focus is forum avatars.

Here are some examples of the styles you can choose to order your avatar drawn in:

1.) (your general "my pirate doing X" arrangement)
2.) (completely selection-tool based, similar to a silk-screen)
3.) (big-headed, simple, cartoony)
4.) (facing away, with more detail on the scenery)
5.) (pirate perspective)

And some examples of animations:

These can be as subtle or large as you'd like, but keep in mind that the forum size limit doesn't like really complicated animations. :c

All avatars are drawn at 500px then shrunk to 150px. [Here is one in full size.]

I understand my art isn't the best, but I also see this as a way to improve, by drawing things I wouldn't necessarily draw on my own.

Payment: As I said, I'm doing these just for tips. That means if you don't want to pay me, you don't have to; I'll do art for free. But if you do want to pay me, I have no set price, you pay me what you feel is just.

I accept payments on both Doubloon and Subscriber oceans. If you're on a dub ocean though, please find me on Cerulean, or send me a PM on the forums with a time, so I can be on to meet you.

I have a pirate on most oceans, so I may pop on your ocean to ask you a question about your order if need be, but otherwise my only active pirate is on Cerulean.

If you would like one, please fill this forum out:

Pirate name:
Ocean:
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference):
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs):
Portrait link (if needed):
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?:
Include any injuries?:
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate:
Nose or no nose?:
Name on avatar?(yes/no):
Border?(yes/no):
Any other details:

And either PM or post it here, whichever you'd like.

Depending on what time of year it is, it may take me several months to have time to draw your avatar. As a university student with a busy schedule, I need some flexibility and patience.

I will post a preview of your order to the forum, or PM if it is private, once I begin your avatar. When your preview is posted is also the opportune time for you to comment or ask me to change things, as it is much easier at this point than when it is completed.

Livestreaming: [Link to my livestream profile] . When I'm drawing, I may start a stream to record my real-time work. I am on the East Coast of the United States, so you're most likely to catch me drawing between 7am and 5pm YPP-time. You can follow my account and get email updates, if you'd like, when I go live.

I probably will not do this with every avatar, for I may not complete it in one sitting.

You can also chat while watching, and I might talk a bit too.

Queue:

I keep track of the schedule at the end of every post when I deliver an avatar. If I leave your order out on accident please tell me so I can add you. c:

Happy 2015 everyone!
----------------------------------------
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by cattrin at Mar 23, 2015 8:45:24 PM]
[Mar 20, 2015 8:05:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Re: Drawing Avatars for Tips- Four Year Anniversary! Reply to this Post

First post in your new thread! Such a privilege :)
Pirate name: Wayfarer
Ocean: Meridian
Description of what you want: Style two is adorable. I'd love it.
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): Either or.
Portrait link (if needed): http://meridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Wayfarer&itemid=49359542&classic=$classic (In case you can't tell, I have orange (strawberry blonde?) pigtails.) Feel free to change the color of my clothes, or even the type of clothes if you feel like it for whatever reason. The only non-negotiable thing is my valkyrie helmet :)
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: Could you please include my black and white sheep, Donut? (Black wool, white face) And perhaps my tan monkey, but only if you feel like it.
Include any injuries?: I have a pegleg, but it's fine if it's not visible.
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: Inanimate
Nose or no nose?: Nope! No nose.
Name on avatar?(yes/no): No thanks
Border?(yes/no): No opinion. Whatever looks best!
Any other details: Have fun with it! Feel free to mix it up, do a different style, experiment, whatever. I couldn't care less about the particulars, so long as you enjoy drawing it.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Mar 20, 2015 8:29:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Me again :o

Pirate name: Keaze
Ocean: Meridian but everywhere too
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): 1 but maybe from the waist/bust of my pirate. Rainy/dull background
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): Grey and any style
Portrait link (if needed):ref
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: Grey and black octo on each shoulder please
Include any injuries?: Eyepatch. Hook too if you draw hands
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: inanimate please
Nose or no nose?: yes please
Name on avatar?(yes/no): yes please
Border?(yes/no): no please
Any other details: Make it as dull as you can but not necessarily greyscale unless you think that looks better then go for it :D
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Mar 20, 2015 8:30:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

I'd love to have a new avatar from you!

Pirate name: Keerin
Ocean: Cerulean
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): Style one is probably best for what I want... but you can decide if maybe it's not as good! I'm working on memming at the moment and I sometimes throw fits when I booch my duty nav boards, so maybe my pirate can do that! Hands waving, cursing... all funny stuff. I'd also like my two familiars facepalming behind me. :)
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): Actual, and green.
Portrait link (if needed): Linky!
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: The yellow octopus in the portrait, plus my almond monkey.
Include any injuries?: Both patch and hook.
Nose or no nose?: No nose
Name on avatar?(yes/no): Yes, please!
Border?(yes/no): Not fussed.
Any other details: Nope, that's it!

Thanks, Cattrin!
Gone
[Mar 20, 2015 8:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bomberman2

Hello :)

Pirate name: Pigstar
Ocean:Emerald
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): 3 small cartoon
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs):YPP-Style
Portrait link (if needed): link
Do you have any familiars or pets you would like included?: Yes: Due to my name i'l like to have included my black pig xD and if possible my tan brown spider
Include any injuries?: yes my pegleg
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate:animated (as in 3), something that fits to someone who is called pigstar
Name on avatar?(yes/no): YES
Border?(yes/no): no?
Any other details: Be creative! I don't have any expectations so feel free to surprise me :)

Thanks Cattrin

Pigstar
[Mar 20, 2015 9:38:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miseryy7

oh meee !

Pirate name: Explosions
Ocean: Meridian
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): style 1 i guess but im not overly picky ^^ just want it to be cute !
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): bluey/grey ! any style
Portrait link (if needed): This portrait
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: grey octopus and grey monkey !
Include any injuries?: i have the star on my face and a hook but the hook isnt necessary
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: inanimate
Nose or no nose?: no nose needed
Name on avatar?(yes/no): yes please !
Border?(yes/no): no border unless you feel like its needed ;o
Any other details: i enjoy carping and seducing men ! if you can get any inspiration from that :) !
Also im not very picky just want you to have fun with it you can mix up the style if you want to too ! just hope you have fun drawing it :)
Explosions on Meridian
Smother on Emerald

Punchbeer tells ye, "oh look, its queen of the salt factory"
Punchbeer tells ye, "well after that forum post i saw, im sure if anyone can make someone salty its u lawl"
[Mar 20, 2015 11:01:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Wow, out from the woodwork!

I'll try my best to get to all of you by the time I go back, but I may not be able to.

In the meantime: sketches! Keep in mind that now is when you should say if you'd like something changed.

Wayfarer:

I don't usually do sketches for selection ones, but I thought I should so you could see my idea. :) Keeping with the "little kid" theme that I have in the example, hope that's OK, 'cause you said you wanted adorable.

Keaze:

Going for a sort of gentle elegance, but a dull one.

Keerin:

I'm giving your request of style 1 a cartoony spin, harkening back to my original avatar style from ages ago. I feel it fits the humour and will best display the expressions. I also am going to put your fams in the foreground, and blur them a bit to keep the focus. Hope these changes are OK.

Pigstar:

Since the space I have to work with using style 3 isn't too big, I'm combining you and your pig into one. You are the pig. :P It fits with the ridiculousness of the style well.

Explosions:

Seductive carpentry? Ok. Here's you "seductively carpenting" while your fams do the actual work.

Queue:
Wayfarer
Keaze
Keerin
[secret order]
Pigstar
Explosions
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Mar 22, 2015 10:52:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

I gigglesnorted so loud when I saw my sketch. It looks like a great idea with the fammies in the foreground. Can't wait to see the finished one! :D
Gone
[Mar 22, 2015 10:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miseryy7

Explosions:

Seductive carpentry? Ok. Here's you "seductively carpenting" while your fams do the actual work.

oh my gosh i love the idea ! and its very me xD

so excited to see the finished version !
Explosions on Meridian
Smother on Emerald

Punchbeer tells ye, "well after that forum post i saw, im sure if anyone can make someone salty its u lawl"
[Mar 22, 2015 6:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Here's Wayfarer's:

[your livestream recording is here]

I know you were watching it in-process, but just in case.

I hope it's OK. :)

Queue:
Keaze
Keerin
[secret order]
Pigstar
Explosions
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Mar 23, 2015 9:21:18 PM]
[Mar 23, 2015 8:43:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

I want one .D

Pirate name: Yumisa
Ocean: Meridian!
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): I want to be trying to catch a familiar/pet as if i was a pokemon trainer XD -yes, with a pokeball XD-
Cause, why not? .o Maybe style 1 or 4? -that indecision though-
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): Green and real? up to you tbh :D
Portrait link (if needed): Yumisa!
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: My tan octo if possible!
Include any injuries?: Well i have an eye patch, hook and peg leg .o so whatever shows
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: inanimate .3
Nose or no nose?: Nah xD
Name on avatar?(yes/no): Yes!
Border?(yes/no): no .3
Any other details: I love youuuuu? xD
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Mar 24, 2015 8:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Here is Keaze's:

[your recording is here]

I hope it is dull enough!

Queue:
Keerin
[secret order]
Pigstar
Explosions
Yumisa
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Mar 24, 2015 8:51:31 PM]
[Mar 24, 2015 7:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

You is awesome sauce!! I jabsgyaoabdging love it!
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Mar 25, 2015 12:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bomberman2

Pigstar:

I really like it :D Can't wait to see the final outcome :) It fits to keep it that ridiculous xD

Pigstar
[Mar 28, 2015 5:15:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Hi Cattrin!!!

Pirate name: Tinycat (can I get a copy with my name and without my name?)
Description of what you want: Style 3,
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs):no actual eyeballs, eyepatch on left eye
Portrait link (if needed): brown, long curly hair style
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: wine octo, wine cat
Include any injuries?: eyepatch on left eye
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: yeah! make the cat blink and octo smile
Nose or no nose?: no nose
Name on avatar?(yes/no): yes, but also want a copy without my name
Border?(yes/no): very thin one, yes
Any other details: nope

Payment - find me in game again lol
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[May 8, 2015 2:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Hello, hello, I'm still alive!

I'm working an internship, but that means I have more time than I used to when I was at college.

Here's Keerin's:

I hope it's OK. :)

If you'd like to tip me, please PM me to find a time when we are both online.

Queue:
[secret order]
Pigstar
Explosions
Yumisa
Tinycat
[secret order]
[secret order]
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jun 10, 2015 4:07:22 PM]
[Jun 10, 2015 4:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

Oh that's awesome! Thanks Catt. I'll hunt you down for a tip when I have the poez. :)
Gone
[Jun 11, 2015 7:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srtumer

Your avatars are amazing! Are you still taking orders?
Szor of hunter (Now Emerald)

[Jun 24, 2015 12:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Here's Pigstar's:

Hope the animation I picked is OK. :) I thought it seemed pig-esque.

Please PM me with a time and place to meet up, if you'd like to tip.

Queue:
[secret order]
Explosions
Yumisa
Tinycat
[secret order]
[secret order]

Your avatars are amazing! Are you still taking orders?

Aw, thanks! Of course, orders are never closed.

As long as you don't mind a bit of a wait, order away.
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jun 28, 2015 6:05:22 PM]
[Jun 28, 2015 6:04:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fairyTEYle

Hi there!

Pirate name: Sapphiregem
Ocean: Emerald
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): Style 1 or any other style you think would suit my idea better would be fine too.
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): Actual and brown
Portrait link (if needed): Linky
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: My tan monkey
Include any injuries?: Nup
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: Inanimate or if animated maybe something to do with the monkey? Up to you which you'd like to do. I have no preference
Nose or no nose?: Whichever looks better
Name on avatar?(yes/no): Could I have a copy of both with and without?
Border?(yes/no): No
Any other details: Could I have a laurel instead of the muffin hat drawn (brown wavy hair)? Also maybe my pirate could be sitting and reading while my monkey in the background wrecks havoc (juggling/playing with books etc. or a book open on top of the monkey's head). Don't quite mind how you draw it, you can experiment however you like :)

Thanks so much!!
Sapphiregem on the Emerald Ocean
[Jul 3, 2015 6:33:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srtumer

Aw, thanks! Of course, orders are never closed.

As long as you don't mind a bit of a wait, order away.

I don't mind waiting ^^ , thanks!

Pirate name: Szor
Ocean: Emerald
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): Style 4.) facing away
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): (facing away)
Portrait link (if needed): Link
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: Snake plz :)
Include any injuries?: No
Name on avatar?(yes/no): Yes
Any other details:
I love to carp, could I have a hammer over my shoulder and a piece of wood on my other hand (that hand down) while facing away?
Recently im a lot on SMH so, perhaps the scenery could be a kraken destroying some parts of the ship OR during a CI, while some ships make damage to the sloop and some noxious green fog is on scenery. Its up yo you ^^

Thanks!!!!

[Jul 8, 2015 5:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Hello mates, delivery time!

Explosions:

I hope it's OK that I added some red to make things pop. :)

If you'd like to tip me, please PM me when and where you're free!

Queue:
Yumisa
Tinycat
[secret order]
[secret order]
Sapphiregem
Szor
Aristoza
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Jul 9, 2015 7:41:42 PM]
[Jul 9, 2015 7:39:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

If your American...

Have you ever ordered something from China and checked its tracking details every day for 60 days as you wait for it to arrive? Then when it comes it feels so special because you spent so much time tracking your order. I'm so excited lol!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Jul 10, 2015 2:21:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

If your American...

Have you ever ordered something from China and checked its tracking details every day for 60 days as you wait for it to arrive? Then when it comes it feels so special because you spent so much time tracking your order. I'm so excited lol!

Looks like someone wants a preview!

Speaking of which:

Yumisa:

Tinycat:

Sapphiregem:

Fun fact, I drew that background so you'll get extra continuity. :D

Szor:

Please let me know if you'd like anything changed from here, but also keep in mind that these are very rough sketches and details like clothes and animations will be more robust later on.

Queue:
Yumisa
Tinycat
[secret order]
[secret order]
Sapphiregem
Szor
Aristoza
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jul 10, 2015 4:13:32 PM]
[Jul 10, 2015 4:09:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Omg omg! Your such a good artist I'd use the sketch as my final avvie lol. So awesome and now 10x more exciting! It's like when the package arrives in your city and says out for delivery!!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Jul 10, 2015 10:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fairyTEYle

That looks so cute!! Can't wait to see the final one! :D
Sapphiregem on the Emerald Ocean
[Jul 12, 2015 4:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miseryy7

Hello mates, delivery time!

Explosions:

I hope it's OK that I added some red to make things pop. :)

If you'd like to tip me, please PM me when and where you're free!

Love it ! And sent you a PM regarding a tip ^^
Explosions on Meridian
Smother on Emerald

[Jul 15, 2015 9:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srtumer

Looks aweosme, thanks for the preview! Hehe I kinda look fat :p.

[Jul 29, 2015 10:16:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

Pirate name: Pliskin
Description of what you want (please include here what style you want it after, use one of the above numbered pictures as a reference): As far as styles go, I'd like it to be close to #3; very cartoony. Basically I want me and Gilbert(my pet pig) to have cardboard boxes over ourselves, with only our legs poking out from underneath, and I want us to be animated as walking along. For reference, I want Gilbert to look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/QZXLT7u.jpg, but without the leash or the holes to look out of. Also I want him to have pig feet instead of dog feet obviously. As for me I want to look something like this http://i.imgur.com/10HwqHW.jpg but in cartoon form. And more piratey-looking as well. Barefoot is fine but if you'd rather draw shoes that's also ok, doesn't matter to me.
Eye type/colour (YPP-style vs actual eyeballs): No eyes
Portrait link (if needed): http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Pliskin&itemid=46653457
Do you have an familiars or pets you would like included?: Yes, my pig Gilbert.
Include any injuries?: No
Animated(if so, elaborate)/inanimate: Animated, with me and Gilbert walking.
Name on avatar?(yes/no): No
Any other details: No
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Aug 2, 2015 12:03:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Order up for Yumisa!

Hope it's OK. :) It's been a while since I've seen a pokemon getting caught but I think I got it pretty close.

Please PM me a time and place if you'd like to tip me.

Queue:
Tinycat
[secret order]
[secret order]
Sapphiregem
Szor
Aristoza
Pliskin
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Aug 4, 2015 6:15:49 PM]
[Aug 4, 2015 6:14:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates