• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2089 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Account Flagged Reply to this Post

So I have a guy I met in game i became friends with and we were planning to start a crew together today. He is in the military and had training this last weekend so we didn't get the chance earlier. I hop on today and ask him how things went through steam and he told me his account is locked on PP and it is saying because he was botting.

I know that is a mistake because most of his stats are less than master, with the exception to bilge. As far as I know bots are very consistent in scoring a specific standing on DRs. He has fluctuated between master and GM multiple times because he score low some days and others higher. If he botted i am pretty sure it would never really fluctuate more than a rank.

I know he dabbles in coding/web design or something along those lines and told me he had that program open earlier today when his account got flagged. I have been playing with him for a few weeks now and if he was in fact botting, needing to have the program open while the game is, he would of been flagged a while ago.

He has also told me that he looked at the bots to see what the hype was, but everything he found via search were all things that costed money and he left it at that. I have looked to to see what the draw of them were, but anywhere from 20-60 dollars per bot per puzzle, i dont see why people would bot only to eventually get caught.

Anyway i wanted to find out how he can go about disputing it/contacting support to get it lifted so he can start playing again? I know people have said they were flagged mistakenly before and were able to start playing again, and it is in my hopes he will be able to do the same.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help out with this :)

Edit: If an admin can remove this thread now since question was answered and please accept my apology for it unknowingly violating the ban topic.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hersh1Squirt at Jan 19, 2015 4:56:55 PM]
[Jan 19, 2015 3:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Account Flagged Reply to this Post

Direct your friend to this page and have him read the entire page, especially the bottom paragraph where it says:

The only way to appeal a ban is if the owner of the banned account requests a review of their case using the Support Form. A petition or complaint will not help in a banning case, nor will getting friends of the player to plead on his or her behalf. It is not appropriate to post in the forum discussing bans.

Relevant parts bolded by me. This is your friend's ban, you should not get involved or plea on his behalf. Trust me, it won't work (firsthand experience).

[edit] I felt like a college student studying for an exam and realizing he's highlighted the entire textbook. I wanted to quote and bold the entire page, but ah well.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Jan 19, 2015 4:16:11 PM]
[Jan 19, 2015 4:14:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

So I have a guy I met in game i became friends with and we were planning to start a crew together today. He is in the military and had training this last weekend so we didn't get the chance earlier. I hop on today and ask him how things went through steam and he told me his account is locked on PP and it is saying because he was botting.

I know that is a mistake because most of his stats are less than master, with the exception to bilge. As far as I know bots are very consistent in scoring a specific standing on DRs. He has fluctuated between master and GM multiple times because he score low some days and others higher. If he botted i am pretty sure it would never really fluctuate more than a rank.

I know he dabbles in coding/web design or something along those lines and told me he had that program open earlier today when his account got flagged. I have been playing with him for a few weeks now and if he was in fact botting, needing to have the program open while the game is, he would of been flagged a while ago.

He has also told me that he looked at the bots to see what the hype was, but everything he found via search were all things that costed money and he left it at that. I have looked to to see what the draw of them were, but anywhere from 20-60 dollars per bot per puzzle, i dont see why people would bot only to eventually get caught.

Anyway i wanted to find out how he can go about disputing it/contacting support to get it lifted so he can start playing again? I know people have said they were flagged mistakenly before and were able to start playing again, and it is in my hopes he will be able to do the same.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help out with this :)

Your friend is a liar as well as a cheater.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jan 19, 2015 4:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

Thank you Tamar for the link to the page he needs, I apologize for this post if it violates any rules as far as bans go, did not know about that, that you quoted. Just told him i would ask on the forums how he goes about lifting or disputing the ban.

As far as the other guys, how do you know he is a liar? you have no way of knowing for sure, Yes i have no way of knowing for sure either but what i can tell you is someone that just got done spend about 100 dollars on the game last week to help out with crew planning stuff to then come back and get caught botting doesn't seem logical to me. To me a botter wouldn't spend money on the game knowing there is a chance to get caught and lose out on that money. Three Rings can check and see his purchase history too. Like Tamar said though is the forums is not the place to discuss ban issues, so i will leave it at that.

Thank you again Tamar for the info and i will pass it on to him.
[Jan 19, 2015 4:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

So because he spent money on the game he wouldn't bot?

I mean that's some sound logic. Maybe he thought by spending money he'd get a shiney 'Do what I want, Thug Life' badge and thought he was un-banable?
You're right, this isn't the place to discuss it, however, you seem to need a new thread for everything as of late, don't you?

You could have easily petitioned in-game and waited for a response, an official one at that.

For future reference I put that in bold. The OM's are there to help, it's thier job, along with a bunch of other things.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Jan 19, 2015 5:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Massiah

Hersh1Squirt wrote: 
As far as the other guys, how do you know he is a liar?

How do we know he's a liar? Because the OOO are very competent in what they do! They don't just go around the server with their ban stick indiscriminately banning innocents. And although they do not like to discuss specific cases with the general public, there has been occasions when the public outcry has been so great that they have shared their information gathered against the individual - and EVERY time they proven themselves to have acted fairly and justly!

So carry on whining about how he's innocent and hopefully the OOO will come here and make you look foolish for sticking up for a liar!

Raalala wrote: 
you seem to need a new thread for everything as of late, don't you?

So it's not just me that's noticed this! :P
Gillygilly... defining the meaning of being a Huntard.
[Jan 29, 2015 1:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bjservices.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates