• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3955 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Getting YPP Some Recognition Reply to this Post

So i know that Three Rings is clearly not concerned with really keeping YPP alive, despite those still around or who have returned because they are loyal. So I thought it would be really awesome if the current community could maybe pull together and think of ways we can get new players to check the game out.

A Few I have thought of whether they be practical or impractical, here they are:

1. Sharing a quick post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; Whatever you may have to try and get its existence noticed.

2. Getting in contact with any Youtuber or Streamer you may know well enough that they will actually repsond to you and ask them to check the game out and see if they would make a video about it or run a stream playing it.

3.Sell cookies, and baked goods to raise funds for Puzzle Pirate Awareness! (Partially a joke, but not a half bad idea).

Just a few things i though would be possibilities for helping get new people to check the game out. I remember when the game was thriving years ago with over 10x the current playerbase so it is sad to see it in its current state.

Have any ideas you may want to share, or think you can help out with any one of these three? Go ahead and post any responses here!
[Jan 19, 2015 2:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Re: Getting YPP Some Recognition Reply to this Post

----------------------------------------
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Jan 19, 2015 4:48:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amartino

free-fam-fridays

but srsly- advertise

a single 15 second spot during Superbowl and the servers will crash under the weight
Piecesoeight on Meridian

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Jan 19, 2015 5:58:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Purpure

I think it's not really abandoned. If you want abandoned, you can see Artix Entertainment's HeroSmash. Left in the dust for 3 years and counting with an excuse of a lack of players.

The kicker is, Artix and co. abandoned the game BEFORE the lack of players happened. Now the superhero game in question is just hanging on by a thread.

Puzzle Pirates (in my opinion) is still steady on its feet, and Three Rings is still maintaining it regularly.
The Bastard of Colors.
Purpure on Emerald, also on Meridian.
Cendree on Cerulean.
[Jan 19, 2015 5:58:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://theoriginalfive.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Remembering how YPP used to be, or spending five seconds on a dub ocean, tells me that you're incorrect about OOO abandoning the subscriber oceans, Pur. It's pretty clear that they have, to me, probably because they make more money off micropay.

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Erfan at Jan 19, 2015 6:55:09 AM]
[Jan 19, 2015 6:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

I mean, I hate to be that guy, but let's face it - this game is old at this point. They made some substantial effort to reach a new market recently (that'd be the iOS port) and it didn't work out. It'd be poor business strategy to put more development effort into it at this point, especially given the existence of a newer game that's doing very well for the company. That's right - OOO doesn't really need to promote this game.

YPP was great, but it's not coming back, sorry. (Maybe they'll make a YPP2 down the road, but I seriously doubt it.) Let's be honest - a lot of companies would have just shut the thing down by now...or years and years ago.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jan 19, 2015 9:28:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cynestria

I mean, I hate to be that guy

No you don't, you liar.
"u devil in m y heart space" -- Minsiem

Also not Erfan
[Jan 19, 2015 10:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

Well I never said they abandoned the game, I just said they are not concerned with keeping it alive/reviving it. They still set up events and have certain sales and content they bring out but their focus is on there other games.

Personally I don't care for the other games because to me puzzle pirates is the only game out there that is not a replica of another game. To many developers create games with the same concept but different skin and by now I am surprised so many people don't seem to see that.

All I am saying is the game is great and if we really want it to stay around as a community we have to be the ones who talk about it.

I remember seeing a reddit post I believe linked through the forum where people were wondering what happened to the game and cleaver replied saying they never neglected the game but there focus is on the others games they have that are very successful so they were not focus on YPP. This I believe was stated back in 2011 or so.
[Jan 19, 2015 2:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Purpure

Remembering how YPP used to be, or spending five seconds on a dub ocean, tells me that you're incorrect about OOO abandoning the subscriber oceans, Pur. It's pretty clear that they have, to me, probably because they make more money off micropay.

I was referring to the game in general still being maintained. I agree that the age of subscriptions is coming to an end*, with the lack of activity in Cerulean. It's the age of micropayments now.

I didn't play much back in the old days because I put my foot in it and embarrassed myself with a badly roleplayed character.

*Is RuneScape still thriving on having most of the game blocked off for subscribers only?
The Bastard of Colors.
Purpure on Emerald, also on Meridian.
Cendree on Cerulean.
[Jan 19, 2015 8:31:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://theoriginalfive.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
BottyBaby666

I honestly believe if they gave all the banned players a 2ND chance, the game would be up a substantial amount of players even on sub oceans.
[Jan 19, 2015 8:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I honestly believe if they gave all the banned players a 2ND chance, the game would be up a substantial amount of players even on sub oceans.

Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jan 19, 2015 11:42:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Maybe those who have matured and aren't repeat offenders or weren't banned for serious offences such as modding/botting.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jan 20, 2015 11:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BottyBaby666

Maybe those who have matured and aren't repeat offenders or weren't banned for serious offences such as modding/botting.

Okay, Nick, I see where your coming from especially from your stand point of botting etc.But the whole point of a 2ND chance is the opportunity to try at something again, get a do over. I believe that EVERYONE, from the serial killer to the goody goody whom gets caught drunk driving, deserves a second chance.

Also when you say repeat offenders what do you mean may I ask?
As some of you may or may not know, this game is REALLY addictive, I don't know if you feel the same or not, but most people i'd ask would say the same. Hence, why you have the ban evaders.
Not all Ban Evaders are bad, you can have ban evaders whom got their original ban for measly stuff like Taking stock or cursing too much, don't know what to do, they screw around with the wrong google searches/crowd and get into the "YPP BLACK MARKET". And hey, yes you do have you lame Botters and Modders, but as I said they deserve a second chance aswell. And if they screw up again hey ban em'again.
But my whole point is, that everyone deserves a second chance
[Jan 20, 2015 3:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

This game is pretty much on its death bed on life support. When the blue ocean can barely scrape 200 players on a good day, and the two green oceans aren't faring much better, it's over with.

The game had it's heyday, but with the lack of the incredibly skilled elite (Just not in the puzzles, but in the "social puzzle" as well) constantly making things fun, it'll never get back to the way it was. The players have always made this game, and with most people getting burnt out or just bored of the game, there's less going on. I can go into the events subforums, and there's maybe 15 "events" in the past month. Back "in the day" There'd be a constant stream of somethings going on. Whether it'd be that pirate who just started to grand events like when Carmine was given away on cobalt with Rumbullion doing that absolutely hilariously fun puzzle. Now there's not a lot going on, there's too much "Old money" in the game (There's a lot of in, but not a lot of out or maintenance).

Hell, I could probably go to the old Midnight ocean and find shoppes that haven't been touched in almost 10 years that are still running on the millions of poe they garnered when the commodities gathering changed the first time.

In the end, the game has grown stagnant, there's not enough new stuff and not enough culling of the old stuff to really keep most people's interest. As the people who are good at the game leave, lots of other people get bored, and it's harder for the remaining few to do anything, and they get frustrated and leave and nothing is happening ever.

Honestly, OOO should hold a big event and send the game off. However, if you look at their other games (You can STILL PLAY BANG HOWDY), they just don't shut down games. YPP will die a slow and horrible death.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jan 20, 2015 3:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

These threads always make me glad I didn't discover Puzzle Pirates until well after the golden years were over. I can enjoy it as-is, unless and until it actually is shut down.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Jan 24, 2015 9:27:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

These threads always make me glad I didn't discover Puzzle Pirates until well after the golden years were over. I can enjoy it as-is, unless and until it actually is shut down.

That's like saying I'm going to enjoy this wrecked car until it explodes or falls apart.

This game was really amazing at it's peak. Always something going on. If you didn't want to enjoy the full blockade game, you didn't have to. There were plenty of crews and pirates that just sailed and had fun. But if you wanted to enjoy that type of game, it was there.

That peak will never happen again.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jan 26, 2015 6:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

I'm saying it's too bad that you once drove a Jaguar and now regret your Kia, but I've only ever had a Kia, and I think it's a great little car.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Jan 26, 2015 7:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates