• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2134 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Gunning Question Reply to this Post

So I am starting to work on my gunning so i can help other crew mates or even myself while pillaging. One thing i am wondering is, do cannonballs only get used when you fill a cannon and it is fired? I wonder this because i know you can actually send stuff off the ship to get it to spawn back in from the barrel. If you throw over a cannonball this way, does it actually use up a cannonball from the hold? Also does throwing items over the edge penalize you or hurt your scoring for gunning.

Thanks.
[Jan 15, 2015 2:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

Re: Gunning Question Reply to this Post

Cannonballs only get used once fired.

Sending cannonballs overboard in the puzzle doesn't count (whew!)

I would think that throwing overboard doesn't hurt, since it is speed that influences scoring. But then again, I am like Paragon / Able in gunning.

Samjones
----------------------------------------
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[Jan 15, 2015 3:06:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I would think that throwing overboard doesn't hurt, since it is speed that influences scoring.

Throwing cannonballs (and other pieces) overboard does not directly hurt your score, but it does slow down the pieces, which makes it harder to fill the cannons quickly. But then, if the pieces are moving too quickly for you to keep up, it may help you to throw stuff overboard.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 15, 2015 4:18:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

You only throw cannonballs overboard when you desperately want to fill a cannon with a dead end right after it, as looping around the middle to do that takes a little longer.

You're keeping this forum active, aren't you. =P
You can also just ask everything in one thread instead of making five xD
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Jan 15, 2015 4:58:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

No. I ask the questions as the come up. I don't always have all of these questions at the same time. I just find it easier to ask then try and search Google because it can be difficult to find exact answer.
[Jan 17, 2015 11:02:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates