• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3917 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Getting Charts to Unknown Islands Reply to this Post

So I know when you are on an island you are able to buy charts from the local shipwright for all of the adjacent islands nearby, normally 1-2 islands away from the one you are on. What I am wondering since i just came back from a long disappearance is how do you come across the charts to connect islands that maybe don't have a shipwright or you have never been so you cannot whisk there unless you know someone who has residence there to invite you to buy the maps.

Is it just a matter of continuing to pillage until i find a map that connects the two islands or a matter of other means. I would like to have more options when i do pillages instead of going to the surrounding islands of admiral and eventually i would like to get some SMH charts so I can host a SMH or do it with hearties/crewmates and invite those who maybe don't get the opportunity from others since many base their acceptance off of that pirates stats.

Any help that can be given is appreciated. I know it may seem like a simple question i should know the answer to, but would just like to see if there are ways to go about getting charts to islands unknown other then what i believe it to be.

Thanks, Hershi
[Jan 14, 2015 12:57:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Getting Charts to Unknown Islands Reply to this Post

Pillaging is the most common way to get those charts. However, a few other options exist. You can also ask/pay someone who has memorized the route to chart you, but they cannot conjure a map for you. You can also purchase the charts from someone else, or buy those chart boxes from the rogue shoppe which cost one RM each one. The boxes award you with a random chart which could be anything--SMH, expo, unbuyable map, or even one that's buyable (and thus worth like 75 poe).
----------------------------------------
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jan 14, 2015 1:53:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

I think i have heard people say that before about asking to be charted. What exactly does it mean? Also if you happen to know how many times you need to take a route to memorize it
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hersh1Squirt at Jan 14, 2015 2:56:11 AM]
[Jan 14, 2015 2:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobafeis

Having someone chart you consists of jobbing them aboard the ship and giving them a nav order. Then they chart the course just as any officer would. There are lists on the wiki of people who have significant portions of an ocean memorized and who are willing to chart others. This is Emerald's.

Memorizing a league point takes 2-8 passes over it (where you sail through, not hitting the LP and recharting to turn about), provided you score at least a fine on the DR.

Another method Empress didn't mention is that if one of the islands on the route has a palace, you can eventually get the dnav mission with the navy for that route. It does require a bit of waiting for the right mission to cycle through, but it's useful for interarches.
-Annarinda (blue)/Arryarrwoot (green)/possibly other pirates along the way-
Eca drew a picture of me.

[Jan 14, 2015 3:10:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

So I know when you are on an island you are able to buy charts from the local shipwright for all of the adjacent islands nearby, normally 1-2 islands away from the one you are on.

You often can't buy charts for *ALL* to adjacent islands since inter-arch charts can only be won by pillaging, they are not for sale. Inter-ocean charts are also not sold, but you can get one by breaking open a "frozen <ocean> banner", which were given out to every pirate during the merger.

And, as Bobafeis, the navy missions are very useful. You don't have to get anyone to chart you, you don't get intercepted by <brigands>, you don't have to pay for rum, and you even get a little PoE for puzzling.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 14, 2015 4:46:01 AM]
[Jan 14, 2015 4:43:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

Memorizing a league point takes 2-8 passes over it (where you sail through, not hitting the LP and recharting to turn about), provided you score at least a fine on the DR.

Hmm, that's different than what I have experienced...I don't think I have ever gotten a league point memmed in just 2 passes even when I am getting all Incredibles. And, yes, it should take no more than 8 passes at Fine.

Anyway, I agree with all of the suggestions for getting charts, although I have never bought the RM box because it is too random for me. Pillying for charts does take quite a bit of time, but it has been my main source along with the use of navy dnav missions in reaching my goal of memming all oceans. I pilly solo and set my battles at easy because that way I am more likely to win. In fact, missions and pillying are all I have been using on my quest to mem Opal and Jade Oceans because they have only a few colonized arches and I have not found a list of memmers for those oceans.

A tip for using the navy nav mission: if it charts you where you don't want to go, just cancel and take the mission again while you are still on the ship. Sometimes you have to do this a few times to get a new route. Also, the bnav mission will often get you different charts and it works to mem while you do the nav puzzle on that ship.

Finally, as you can see in my signature, I have Emerald Ocean completely memmed and I would be happy to chart you. My main ocean is Cerulean and my time zone is EST but my online time varies. Best way to contact me is PM, since I am trying to reach my memming goal, I am an ocean hopper and can't predict where I can be found at any given time.
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Jan 15, 2015 10:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates