• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1552 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Cutingchris

Including a Senior Officer Chat

I don't know if this topic has been raised before but regardless of this I'm inclined to post it again as I think it would be a good idea. The layout of crews is a good idea and there is an officer chat as people may know. However, what I've noticed is that an Senior Officer of a crew needs to have a chat in which they can talk with the Captain and other SOs about major crew topics which would be raised that would be sensitive for anyone lower than SO.
It may seem arrogant but in large crews I think it would be a good idea rather than having a meeting in a house or crew hall or waiting until there's no-one online. It also means that regardless if the SOs are on voyages or carousing puzzles they can still talk about the issues.
Feel free to give feedback about the issue. I know there's already officer chat but I do think for large crews it would be a simple idea.
----------------------------------------
Magneto, Illuminatti Royal

(Also Praetorian on Obsidian)
[Jan 8, 2015 1:53:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Re: Including a Senior Officer Chat

would an SO on dubloon oceans who is currently without the SO badge (assuming he/she is just using the cheaper officer badge) or an SO on subscription ocean who is currently unsubscribed be able to participate in such a SO chat?

if not, then it might be better to discuss such sensitive issues in a house or somewhere private

after all, it might not be a good time for one to be discussing serious stuffs while puzzling (i know i am nub like that, can't be chatting and puzzling without booching one or the other).. you wouldnt want the SO who are on voyages to booch on vessel chat
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Jan 8, 2015 2:19:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

would an SO on dubloon oceans who is currently without the SO badge (assuming he/she is just using the cheaper officer badge) or an SO on subscription ocean who is currently unsubscribed be able to participate in such a SO chat?

if not, then it might be better to discuss such sensitive issues in a house or somewhere private

after all, it might not be a good time for one to be discussing serious stuffs while puzzling (i know i am nub like that, can't be chatting and puzzling without booching one or the other).. you wouldnt want the SO who are on voyages to booch on vessel chat

Some good points. Usually SOs are badged to participate in pillages, sea monster hunts and promotions in the crew so a badge would be necessary.

Booches can happen in houses as you can miss-press an arrow key and you could be broadcasting a private message to a flag so I doubt that would be a problem.

[Jan 8, 2015 2:38:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

This has been raised before and I too would LOVE an SO chart.

I think any SO should be able to read the chat (badge or no badge).

I am in a little crew and still it would be very useful.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 8, 2015 7:41:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

Thanks for the input :)

[Jan 8, 2015 12:42:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Senior officer chat channel discussion

To find existing discussions to continue, there are many resources which may be helpful:
  • The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
  • The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
  • The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
  • Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
  • Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
    Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.
[Jan 8, 2015 6:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates