• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2362 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Swordfighting Questing Reply to this Post

I am trying to rank my SF, I don't care for it since i came back other then in pillies because i think too many people are full of s*** with instas they pull and these attacks that fill your board when they have no pieces ( I am not talking about the couple move delay). I have broken up to a bingo before and normally break a triple majority of the time.

I started brawling when my SF skill was at Apprentice/Able. I have played roughly 40 games already tonight winning at least a 3rd or more of them against all higher ranked players and it hasn't moved at all. I f***ing hate SF because for one I am not going to spend 50k+ on a sword i am only going to pillage with since i dont care to wager.

I just want to get an idea how many games i need to play or players i need to win against to move up. When i win against a respect/master but i still am on able even after 2-3 wins in a row i cant help but think it is f***ing broken.

I just want to at least get Broad/Distinguished so I don't have to worry about it anymore

*Please excuse the language I am just getting really irritated with the fact I can never tell if someone is botting and the fact everything is so expensive thanks to doubloons. I get there are people out there that are just that good, but in this day and age any person can easily find a cheat for just about any game out there.
[Jan 6, 2015 12:02:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

Re: Swordfighting Questing Reply to this Post

First of all, about the bot complaints, botting is impossible at swordfighting. Botting would mean a programme plays for you, but the endless possibilities swordfighting gives you, it's impossible to do that. The only thing cheaters tend to do at swordfighting is speeding up their game so they play faster than their opponent no matter what, and therefore get their required breaker first to get a fast opener which would be quicker than your opponent. Which is obviously also done by a programme which is illegal to use in online gaming.

Now about those standings, you just said you're like broad? Then I don't understand it should take long to rank up. Just keep in mind playing twice or more against the same opponent will make the second and all the other games within a certain unspecified timeframe (which is believed to be 30-60 minutes depending on whether you play other people in between) be unrated.

And, go to cerulean if you don't like the high prices. We need people over here. ^^
----------------------------------------
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tidus2iii at Jan 6, 2015 3:15:19 AM]
[Jan 6, 2015 3:14:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Buy a stiletto. For the money it's one of the best sword patterns available.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jan 6, 2015 3:29:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

Buy a stiletto. For the money it's one of the best sword patterns available.

I will look into that. Thanks

I never said Broad Tidus, I would expect my status level would be broad by now but it is not. It is still on Apprentice/Able as far a I know. I was led to believe as well from multiple sources in the past that defeating a higher level player (master+) at a lower level (proficient-) would shoot you up in rank, maybe not to master but possibly distinguished/respected.

As far as my complaints on botting, Cheats/hacks/bots are so common now a days for just about any game out there on PC so it is frustrating having no real way to know if someone is legitimate. I never remember botting being an issue back in 2007 when i played previously on sub ocean but it could be that cheaters don't pay that is why they cheat and could explain why i never really heard of botting then.
[Jan 6, 2015 1:39:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hersh1Squirt

I have played about another 20 matches since I posted this and I just won a match against a renowned thinking that would surly rank me up. Still sitting on narrow/able...
[Jan 6, 2015 4:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

You can't play 20 games and not have your experience go up at that point. Something is making your games be unrated.
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Jan 7, 2015 1:12:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

so it is frustrating having no real way to know if someone is legitimate.

Why? If they're that insecure or lazy or whatever, that's their problem. It's not worth worrying about.

(Rather, it is worth worrying about...for the devs and OMs, because that's one of the things they get paid to worry about. Until someone pays me to worry about it, I'm losing zero sleep over it.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 7, 2015 1:34:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

The problem with your rank not moving is because you've lost far too many games. Winning 1/3 of your matches will not help your rank in the slightest. While I don't claim to be a master of SF as it is not one of the puzzles I've taken to studying yet, I should comment that when ranking my alts I've noticed winning 1/2 matches against respected-renowned opponents puts me at about distinguished or respected. Winning 2/3 of matches should be around master and 3/4 roughly renowned. Again this is all from personal experience and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Furthermore since you've lost so many swordfights on your pirate so far, it will take even more wins to increase your swordfight rank. When I was learning PVP SF I did a lot of fights on my alts to increase my personal skill. Once I felt more comfortable, I did ranked games on my main pirate. If you're interested in seeing your rank move, I would suggest using alts to practice raising your rank up. Your rank will easily fluctuate since the experience is low. However, I should add if you're decent at SF narrow shouldn't affect raising your stat too badly.

Playing 20 games of SF will not move you past narrow yet. While I won't post the exact number, double that and you should be at narrow or past it.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jan 7, 2015 3:36:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guipsp

First of all, about the bot complaints, botting is impossible at swordfighting. Botting would mean a programme plays for you, but the endless possibilities swordfighting gives you, it's impossible to do that.

You're hilarious.
[Jan 7, 2015 4:04:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

First of all, about the bot complaints, botting is impossible at swordfighting. Botting would mean a programme plays for you, but the endless possibilities swordfighting gives you, it's impossible to do that.

You're hilarious.

Botting means you have a programme playing for you, hence a non player controlled puzzler.

The people who do cheat at sf, use speedhacks.
Or can you prove otherwise, Mr. knows everything about botting. =P

Of course it should be theoretically possible (matching colours and always doing the same pattern in breaker chaining), but not in a way that it will do better than a good player.
So I do not believe this happens, except by very lousy or very lazy people.

This post would be better off in this guy's other thread though.
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tidus2iii at Jan 7, 2015 5:13:27 AM]
[Jan 7, 2015 4:45:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guipsp

You're hilarious.

Botting means you have a programme playing for you, hence a non player controlled puzzler.

The people who do cheat at sf, use speedhacks.
Or can you prove otherwise, Mr. knows everything about botting. =P

Of course it should be theoretically possible (matching colours and always doing the same pattern in breaker chaining), but not in a way that it will do better than a good player.
So I do not believe this happens, except by very lousy or very lazy people.

This post would be better off in this guy's other thread though.

Just do a quick google search.
[Jan 7, 2015 5:20:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

A google search to find what? People who are claiming to use a bot to directly send you to a download link while their game is so inefficient that it's more likely they are just playing normal and trying to get your account info? Or that guy who hijacked a video from someone else who played without botting, to then say on the info this was a bot and directing you to a website?

That's not proof of botting, that's proof of existing people who are only trying to get your account information.

I am sure it is possible on several puzzles, especially duty and crafting puzzles as you have no opponent who can make the possibilities endless. But as for swordfighting, you'll never get a programme doing something more efficient than a (decent) human.

I'm also wondering in how far we can talk about this. Rules say you can't advertise nor name anything specifically, but we're getting a little specific.
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Tidus2iii at Jan 7, 2015 5:33:52 AM]
[Jan 7, 2015 5:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

A google search to find what? People who are claiming to use a bot to directly send you to a download link while their game is so inefficient that it's more likely they are just playing normal and trying to get your account info? Or that guy who hijacked a video from someone else who played without botting, to then say on the info this was a bot and directing you to a website?

That's not proof of botting, that's proof of existing people who are only trying to get your account information.

I am sure it is possible on several puzzles, especially duty and crafting puzzles as you have no opponent who can make the possibilities endless. But as for swordfighting, you'll never get a programme doing something more efficient than a (decent) human.

I'm also wondering in how far we can talk about this. Rules say you can't advertise nor name anything specifically, but we're getting a little specific.

There is a sf bot that is capable of sprinkling quite effectively and can compete with higher end players. You could probably track down evidence yourself with a few appropriate search terms.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jan 7, 2015 6:12:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

Perhaps. But then I don't see the point of botting when you can as well do it without. Why are people risking getting banned instead of simply doing good attempts of improving at a puzzle? I'm sure plenty of people are willing to help. I know I am.

But I guess that's the whole question. And it's odd to be talking about botting while the same person has a thread about it just under this one where this discussion would fit better. ^^
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Jan 7, 2015 6:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates