• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2124 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Superhiggins

Getting a new pirate to another archipelago? Reply to this Post

Ahoy friends, I've been playing a pirate in the Jade Archipelago (Meridian) for some time now. Until now I've never really made an alt, however today I made one. The problem is I'd like to get this new pirate to the Jade Arch, but his spawn was in the Garnet Archipelago. Seems to be hard to find other pirates in these parts, especially experienced ones. So I was wondering, how can a lowly pirate with no PoE in his pocket get to the Jade arch? Thanks in advance fer yer help.
[Jan 5, 2015 4:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Getting a new pirate to another archipelago? Reply to this Post

Ahoy friends, I've been playing a pirate in the Jade Archipelago (Meridian) for some time now. Until now I've never really made an alt, however today I made one. The problem is I'd like to get this new pirate to the Jade Arch, but his spawn was in the Garnet Archipelago. Seems to be hard to find other pirates in these parts, especially experienced ones. So I was wondering, how can a lowly pirate with no PoE in his pocket get to the Jade arch? Thanks in advance fer yer help.

The most polite way is to find a ship that's pillaging in the area. Join the pillage, and when you get to port, set it as your home, or if you have to leave after a few battles, log off instead of clicking the "go home" button.

The less polite way is to get to the ship, then either hop off or log off, if it's at sea. I strongly encourage you to do it the polite way, though.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 5, 2015 4:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It seems to me that it's no use to hop/log off a ship that's already at sea, because that will put you back home, not in the archipelago where the ship is located. You need a ship in port in order to land at an island not your home.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 5, 2015 5:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

It seems to me that it's no use to hop/log off a ship that's already at sea, because that will put you back home, not in the archipelago where the ship is located. You need a ship in port in order to land at an island not your home.

No, it puts you at a nearby island. I'm not sure of the exact parameters - nearest, last port, last passed or what but I expect it's probably the same ones an abandoned ship uses.

Edit for the OP: you can also ask someone in the right arch to invite or job you over there, or use a whisking potion if you have any of the islands on your map.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Jan 5, 2015 5:50:51 PM]
[Jan 5, 2015 5:47:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

So I was wondering, how can a lowly pirate with no PoE in his pocket get to the Jade arch?.

If you want to move permanently, you can return your free shack on the island you spawned on. Then, after you have gotten to your new home, you can get a new free shack.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 6, 2015 4:44:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates