• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1305 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Hersh1Squirt

Pausing A Puzzle Reply to this Post

I know when you pause a puzzle you have the ability to talk and see the last DR (If I am correct). What I am wondering is does leaving a puzzle paused too long count against you? There are times i need to go to the bathroom or get a drink but i don't want to either lose my current combo or get the penalty if you leave a puzzle and rejoin within 60-80 seconds.

I am just curious if pausing your puzzle for any amount of time will cause you to get a lower score? I swear I have seen people who will pause it in videos for like upwards of a minute and when they enter it is where they left it.
[Jan 5, 2015 4:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amartino

Re: Pausing A Puzzle Reply to this Post

Yep it does
----------------------------------------
Piecesoeight on Meridian

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Jan 5, 2015 4:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

You don't get efficiency penalties while your puzzle is paused. However, if you go more than 3 minutes without breaking anything, your indicator is reset, and I think that applies even if you are paused, meaning that if you're away for more than 3 minutes you will record some zero ('booched') time in your score.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jan 5, 2015 4:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tidus2iii

It'll lower but not as fast as playing the game inefficiently; Furthermore, I've seen it plenty of times that after pausing, it remains the same, but if you then do a few moves, it'll crash down anyway, just with a small delay.

Would be badly abused if you could keep your score while paused. =P
Blits ~ Cerulean
[Jan 6, 2015 3:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates