• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 64
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7613 times and has 63 replies Next Thread
starrarose

[Viridian] Olive III

Yeah we knew it was coming. We were just expecting it to not be happening at the same time as 2 other blockades.

So, Moros de Mindanao is defending against Scuppering Seven Seas.

Jobbing contacts for Moros are:

Phoenix

Um yeah, that's it right now. Still trying to get names from our allies. Come play with us. Don't let SSS and mates own ALL the player controlled islands out there.

Edit: Ugh forgot about the time. Around Noonish. We start about 20 minutes after Conglin and Dendrite.
----------------------------------------
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Edit 1 times, last edit by starrarose at Jun 17, 2005 2:55:30 PM]
[Jun 17, 2005 2:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maisutero

Re: [Viridian] Olive III

Um sweetie, could you put a date and a time in your post, that would be real helpful. Gracias, -g
Grundie
Captain of CoU
Mad Scientist of U
Troublemaker of M
[Jun 17, 2005 3:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meow123_456

13 hours from the time this post was made
Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
Pillaging Sucks.

[Jun 17, 2005 3:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
AquaDrake

Which means it will be during the google puzzle test.
Maybe "historical" dragons were pterosaurs?
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090107-pterosaur-flight.html

"No plain fanfold paper could hold that fractal Puff --
He grew so fast no plotting pack could shrink him far enough.&quot
[Jun 17, 2005 3:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Did I miss a blockade? Wouldn't this be Olive II? Or does this count include Cobalt, and if so, why?
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Jun 17, 2005 10:42:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
RaggedJack

scupperer wrote: 
Did I miss a blockade? Wouldn't this be Olive II? Or does this count include Cobalt, and if so, why?

You missed one. 1. Colonization, 2. Johnnyboy's bad joke, 3. Yours
[Jun 17, 2005 11:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Linkies!

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=17657

I can't believe I just did that....

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 18, 2005 1:04:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

All I can say is, I'll be there defending Olive with Aveangeance!
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jun 18, 2005 1:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PanaceaV

Round 1 to the defenders of Olive. 418 to 321. Moros led all the way, but we were within 9 at one point.
[Jun 18, 2005 5:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zamorak

PanaceaV wrote: 
Round 1 to the defenders of Olive. 418 to 321. Moros led all the way, but we were within 9 at one point.

There was a point where SSS lead by 1 point, don't know what happened afterwards because I wasn't paying all that much attention.
Ebag
Nemo wrote: 
What did you do? You're the cute little Fatpants! You're the Bugbear! You're the Chubby Buggy! Look at those cheeks! You are the Chunkamunk! Chubbabubba!

[Jun 18, 2005 6:01:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PanaceaV

Round 2 to Moros. Score: a lot to a little. (569-101 actually)

Congratulations to MdM for a fun, hard-fought afternoon at sea.
[Jun 18, 2005 6:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Currently Round 3 has been a shutout for Moros de Mindanaos!
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jun 18, 2005 7:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

And once again MdM and allies successfully defend Olive.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to help us out - for whatever reason you had.

And HUGE thank you to the people who stepped up to the plate to take roles that we'd not asked of them before. You know who you are.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 18, 2005 11:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Thank YOU! You spent hours organizing this! Plus, everything with the jobbers!
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jun 18, 2005 12:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
narche

grats MdM
GDI
Viridian
[Jun 18, 2005 6:05:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackkidd

I think ye missed the point MdM

Hmmm Just an outside observation here but looking at the Flags SSS actually won this fight by having two allies secure additional islands while MdM was stuck at home defending again. Sure you kept Olive sucessfully and convincingly but did you really win MdM?
[Jun 19, 2005 12:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maisutero

they won the battle, that much is irrefutable...
Grundie
Captain of CoU
Mad Scientist of U
Troublemaker of M
[Jun 19, 2005 1:04:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

Re: I think ye missed the point MdM

jackkidd wrote: 
Hmmm Just an outside observation here but looking at the Flags SSS actually won this fight by having two allies secure additional islands while MdM was stuck at home defending again. Sure you kept Olive sucessfully and convincingly but did you really win MdM?

So, as an outside observation, is the game SSS versus MdM now? Why didn't SSS have the testicular fortitude to fight MdM when, you know, MdM was at their peak, not having lost 1600 members in the past 3 weeks? Hell, I called MdM off of attacking Prolix at that time because SSS and MdM had a gentleman's agreement to not be hostile. We see how Scupperer holds up his side of the bargains.

You want a real observation? SSS nearly cost themselves Kirin or would have been using an alt-flag(according to SSS leadership) to move ships. Between MdM not wanting to play that way and the fact that they just defended Olive, SSS got off the hook... originally, MdM was going to declare war and prevent the floating of ships. That means a fleet dedicated at Olive would pretty much stay at Olive, less whatever portion of the fleet could be pillaged between Olive-Kirin.
[Jun 19, 2005 3:17:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
meow123_456

Akumu wrote: 
is the game SSS versus MdM now? .

but neither will win.
Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
Pillaging Sucks.

[Jun 19, 2005 3:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

Akumu wrote: 
Hell, I called MdM off of attacking Prolix at that time because SSS and MdM had a gentleman's agreement to not be hostile. We see how Scupperer holds up his side of the bargains.

If I may ask, was it your agreement with Scupperer? or that of SSS and MdM? If I recall correctly, you are in a diffrent flag now.
[Jun 19, 2005 3:44:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Such grace in victory.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 19, 2005 6:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Akumu wrote: 
Why didn't SSS have the testicular fortitude to fight MdM when, you know, MdM was at their peak, not having lost 1600 members in the past 3 weeks?
That's not their fault. Perhaps MdM should do some internal searching to discover why they have lost so many members recently. The taking of islands and the WAR mechanism is one of the only properly competitive elements of this game, where tactics and political maneuverings can come into play. You want every flag to play by the rules? Sorry, you ask a little too much.

Scarab
--promoting conflict
[Jun 19, 2005 6:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
RaggedJack

rroberts wrote: 
Perhaps MdM should do some internal searching to discover why they have lost so many members recently. The taking of islands and the WAR mechanism is one of the only properly competitive elements of this game, where tactics and political maneuverings can come into play.t

First, while Akumu is a good mate and is owed much of the credit for establishing MdM as a large influence in Viridian, he is not a current member of the flag and isn't involved in its daily operations. As with many established, well-regarded players in the game, he is a source of good advice and a valuable resource to the flag, but he is giving you his perspective on past arrangements.

Second, for those who watched closely, crews departed MdM for various reasons. Some were asked to leave. Some left because they wanted to try their hand at their own flag, and some left over personality issues or because officers voted to leave without fully understanding what was going on with flag reorganization. But that period of reorganization is done and I think the flag's performance at Olive, its ability to form good alliances and build a formidable fleet, and the close-knit crews in the flag should be reasons enough to put to rest the "kick MdM while it's down" mentality that has rumored its way around Viridian over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Sure, we can use more crews. Feel free to join! And who wouldn't like another island or two? But don't assume smaller == weaker. We're about quality, not quantity.
[Jun 19, 2005 7:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Good reply lad.

I like you.
[Jun 19, 2005 7:50:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

RaggedJack wrote: 
Some left because they wanted to try their hand at their own flag, and some left over personality issues or because officers voted to leave without fully understanding what was going on with flag reorganization.

I find the "officers voting to leave without knowing" statement offencive. That might be becouse I'm in one of the crews that left MdM. But we left fully aware of what we did. And for resons that mean a lot to the crew.

Edit: And as far as my knowledge goes that is true for every crew that left without beeing asked to. Some left faster than planned, but they still knew what they where doing and why.
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kinocha at Jun 19, 2005 8:00:35 PM]
[Jun 19, 2005 8:00:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

That's why he said "some". Not necessarily you.

EDIT: stealth editing post-reply is un-cool.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rroberts at Jun 19, 2005 8:09:42 PM]
[Jun 19, 2005 8:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

rroberts wrote: 

And that is why I edited my former post to clarify.
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

[Jun 19, 2005 8:23:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Akumu wrote: 
Not Nice Stuff?

Wow, you're something else. Who are you, again?

Oh, but guess what - our Allies have islands now, and MdM and their allies have... Olive.

Yes, it's always disappointing to lose a blockade, but winning Olive wasn't the sole purpose of this. No agreements were broken in this blockade, "gentlemanly" or not. I don't even know the current leadership of MdM, having never been contacted by them, and having had no reason to contact them. Any unspoken agreements I had dissolved with the previous leaders, since it was with them only, especially considering that they never held up their end of the agreement, anyway. Unless there's miraculously a belated War Frigate, second one in the ocean, that's sitting abandoned in the queu on Olive, and someone just forgot about it?

This blockade was just pawnage in a larger game, and while SSS was truly hoping to win it (Olive would make a great Governor training ground - not much good for anything else), we were rushed by circumstance, crippled by lack of planning, our allies were otherwise occupied (kind of the point) and we also ran into a couple of sabateur jobbers (which isn't how WE play this game).

This was a wonderful test to see if we could pull something like this off without any pre-planning or coordination, and pretty much on our own - though many special thanks to all of our friends from other flags who did job with us and help out; you were critical, and it's appreciated and will be remembered. Obviously, we need a bit more pre-planning and coordination to be successfull in the future, though things weren't looking to bad in Round 1.

We learned a lot from our mistakes, and we had a lot of fun, despite the glitches and obstructionism that cost us some critical points and me a lot of POE. Next time, if Olive is ever important enough to bother attacking again, which I seriously doubt, it won't be so easy.

Oh, and Akumu, the sort of personal politics you're playing on this board - it won't be forgotten, and you can bet others see it as well. I consider your public sharing of my misunderstanding of a game mechanic, one which wasn't even employed, and one which was shared with you in a private conversation, and casting it in the form of an accusation as an intent to cheat to be the lowest form of skullduggery.

I do hope you enjoy your current relative solitude in the game, and that it lasts a long, long time. Today, you successfully earned at least one less person to talk to.

Okay.. now that's out of the way - back to having fun again!

Congrats to MdM on a wildly successful defense of Olive! Enjoy your Martini's. We shall meet again!
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Jun 19, 2005 9:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

rroberts wrote: 

EDIT: stealth editing post-reply is un-cool.

That is why I posted a reply saying I edited my former post.

[Jun 19, 2005 9:30:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

scupperer wrote: 
and we also ran into a couple of sabateur jobbers (which isn't how WE play this game).
While I am not royalty in MdM, I am the Lord of the MdM responsible for blockade planning and execution and I want NAMES and ACTIONS. No blockade I run will sanction or condone these tactics. I thought it was repulsive at papaya 1, where both sides did it, and I think its repulsive still. If it did happen I apoligize on behalf of myself and will make them pay, If I have to PVP them into the ground. Until such a list is forthcoming, (though preferably not a public post) I will disregard your underhanded accusation as you overstating the normal friction of blockades.

scupperer wrote: 

This was a wonderful test to see if we could pull something like this off without any pre-planning or coordination, and pretty much on our own - though many special thanks to all of our friends from other flags who did job with us and help out; you were critical, and it's appreciated and will be remembered. Obviously, we need a bit more pre-planning and coordination to be successfull in the future, though things weren't looking to bad in Round 1.
Well I assume at the minimum you had the same 24 hours to get organized we did. :-) Honestly I have to thank you guys for the blockade, it cut through a lot of the reorginizational mess
surrounding our defense plans AND let us get our navvers some real experience.

I just wanted to reitirate that Akumu is no longer related to MdM and he has lost himself another person to talk to with his posts.
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
[Jun 20, 2005 1:32:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates