• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13442 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
Bellahdonna

Re: Chinese New Year / Valentine's edition! [Deadline: December 16th] Reply to this Post

Personally I'd really like to see target practice as a two person portrait...pirate one looking smug and turning away from pirate two who's got a tear. Great job though, love the sky and clouds :)

I've never done more than a single pirate portrait before, but here goes...

I wanted to use the two pirates that were back to back in the templates page for the "sample" image... but those pirates seemed a lot bigger than the guys in the black and white. Are those proportions right?
----------------------------------------

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 8, 2014 3:23:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Re: Chinese New Year / Valentine's edition! [Deadline: December 16th] Reply to this Post

Looks great Bellahdonna.

I wanted to use the two pirates that were back to back in the templates page for the "sample" image... but those pirates seemed a lot bigger than the guys in the black and white. Are those proportions right?

The 2 pirate samples are all the same size 696 x 650 pixels. Back to back pirates would be fun in your portrait.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 8, 2014 3:50:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Omigosh so cute...if it's selected I'll for sure be getting one <3 or bribing a guy to get one for me ;)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Dec 9, 2014 10:21:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

@Twilah: You've got this one, now you're just tweaking for the masses :D

@Yngve: Woah O_O Detail, detail, detail! Loving it so far, can't wait for the final product!

@Everyone: Guess who's needing a new avatar for the winter months? :o PM me if you're interested, I'm certain we can work out a price ^_^
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers
Prince of Slightly Pixilated

[Dec 10, 2014 11:12:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Thanks so much Yngve, Empresstamar and Oldwater! ^_^

Yngve, your background is looking really amazing! As far as making it snowy or not, I'd just play around with it and see which one feels right to you.

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 11, 2014 2:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Thanks for the advice Bellahdonna. I did play around with it a bit, tried both a snowy and this darker background and decided that the dark makes the goat look more sinister, which was what I intended in the first place.
It still needs some more shading, a floor and a bit more work on the rocks in the background. But I think I'll manage to finish it in time :)

Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 13, 2014 5:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Finished :)

Year of the goat
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 14, 2014 2:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

@Inghild - Wow! That is truly incredible! Wow! Wow! Wow!!!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Dec 14, 2014 3:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Thank you so much Greylady <3
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 15, 2014 3:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Inghild that picture is incredible! The details are amazing it feels so real! Amazing work as always!!!
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Dec 15, 2014 6:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Still have until midnight tonight to upload your entries!
[Dec 16, 2014 8:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Just to clarify for folks, what timezone is that? 'Cause I've uploaded at 8pm my time (Eastern) and it showed up as being uploaded the next day on the Yppedia.

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 16, 2014 9:10:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Just to clarify for folks, what timezone is that? 'Cause I've uploaded at 8pm my time (Eastern) and it showed up as being uploaded the next day on the Yppedia.

Should be PST (West Coast USA).
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 16, 2014 10:09:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It be pirate time (/info in game for current time).
[Dec 16, 2014 12:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Chinese New Year / Valentine's edition! [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Announcing the winners!

Inghild's Calendar Alley
Link to image

Rechiva's At Night We Dance
Link to image

Rechiva's Candy Lands
Link to image

Cattrin's Loved

Cattrin's Sailors Valentine

Greylady's Year Of The Sheep

Twilah's Target Practice

Twilah's Valentine Yule Goat

The winners please send a petition with the title "FAO: Clotho" with the following information:
* confirmation of pirate name and ocean to receive the prizes
* choice of in-game clothing or furniture item (anything in any color purchasable from a shoppe that doesn't require a Design or Reputation)
* real name and full mailing address for real-life prizes
* or a second in-game clothing item if you don't wish to have the real-life prize
* choice of Greenbones egg or doll, Fishheadred egg or doll or Bluebeard egg or doll!

It's very likely that this edition will run again sometime in the future, so those who didn't win this time or those with unfinished work make sure to save the piece so you can submit then. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for participating!
[Dec 27, 2014 11:47:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Re: Chinese New Year / Valentine's edition! [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Yay! ^_^ Thank you Clotho, and congrats to all the other winners. :) Hope you're all enjoying the holidays!

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 27, 2014 12:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Thanks for selecting my little ram, and congrats to all of the other winners! All great entries! :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Dec 28, 2014 5:34:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Ooh, both? Yay, thank you!

I'm glad my shells got in this time, I worked a lot on that a few years ago. :)
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 28, 2014 6:52:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for selecting mine ^^
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Dec 29, 2014 3:56:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This edition is now in game. Enjoy!
[Feb 6, 2015 2:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

For when you have some serious colour-co-ord-matching-mischief going on.

Such amazing backgrounds :C
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Feb 8, 2015 3:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates