• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1158 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Nemedor

Somekind of whistle when being pursued by enemy vessel

Can we add somekind of whistle when you're being pursued by an enemy vessel.
Sometimes when I'm evading I forget to keep an eye out for sea and I get engaged in battle that I would've turned around from.

Since we already have a lot of whistles maybe we can add a diffrent soundeffect to it like Harr harr! (pirate-themed) This will let the crew know when pilly'ing that they're about to enter a battle and also will let an evader know that he needs to turn.

Let me know what you think about it
----------------------------------------
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Oct 21, 2014 6:45:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Somekind of whistle when being pursued by enemy vessel

Can we add somekind of whistle when you're being pursued by an enemy vessel.
Sometimes when I'm evading I forget to keep an eye out for sea and I get engaged in battle that I would've turned around from.

I completely agree. In fact, well over 5 years ago, I wrote a program to watch my chat log and beep when I'm being pursued. I have all the other noises from YPP turned of, but this is one thing I think is important enough to make noise over.

For me, making a noise is important when I'm doing trade runs/evading and as a jobber on a pillage. I do (or did) a lot of gunning and I wanted to be woken up when I was about to get busy again.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Oct 21, 2014 7:04:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

I totally agree. I do a lot of moving commods for other players, often solo on an MB, so I really don't want to risk losing any of their stuff by getting in a battle. Sometimes I get puzzle blind in the nav puzzle and forget to watch for attacking ships. Even if I am watching, sometimes the colored oceans (special effects) make it hard to see that lighted ring around the ship. I usually end up making the ocean normal colored.
I usually run ypp without sound, but this is one sound effect that I would definitely enable.
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Oct 21, 2014 9:17:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Endorse.

Those navigation wheels are just too sexy to look away from.
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Oct 21, 2014 9:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

LOL

+1
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Oct 21, 2014 2:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Endorse.

+ 1 A Cannon Sound would be great....... klingons of the Port Bow....or whatever!
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Oct 21, 2014 2:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Some discussion including log file parser/monitors
[Oct 21, 2014 5:46:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates