• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3016 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
ktjoshndec

SMH Terminology Reply to this Post

Apologies in advance if this has been asked a thousand million times :)

Often when I am perusing the notice board for voyages I notice a lot of people with requirements when SMH and I have no idea what they mean.

I have had a bravery badge on Emerald for almost a month and only managed to get on one SMH run :(

Maybe understanding the Lingo will help?

FF?
Tokeners?
CIT?

There are lots more I cannot think of right now, I know what eggs are as I the one run I got on was a kraken run, not that I had a clue what I was doing even though I can bnav. Having only come back to YPP in the last 6 weeks I have not come across SMH before. I also find it really hard to get on any SMH voyages as I find they are pretty elitist, My crew (who I am very loyal to) are all in University so not on a lot at the moment so I am pretty much on my own until Christmas break. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Look out for me Mysticmog on Emerald :)
----------------------------------------
Mysticmog - SO of the Mean Menai Mutineers on the Emerald Ocean
[Oct 8, 2014 6:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Astrielle

Re: SMH Terminology Reply to this Post

Noticeboard SMH lingo 101 :)

FF = Frentic Forager
This is a trophy ye earn while on the island during a Cursed Isle run. After each fray ye and yer shipmates get the chance to forage for some of Vargas's treasure. Ye get the FF trophy when ye manage to score a Frentic on the duty report. (The other levels are things like Asleep, Steady, etc.) Each type of chest is worth a different number of points and that is how ye are scored.

Tokeners refers to yer ability to generate token pieces during the run.
Like in blockades and flotillas, SMHs have the token pieces. Cursed Isles even has it's own special one. Generally people asking for tokeners will be looking for trophies like Oaken Token of (duty report puzzle here) or Seal of (duty report puzzle).

CIT = Citadel
This is terminology used for Atlantis runs. The citadels are basically the big fray that gives out the chests. (There is also treasure haul and sinking monsters in Atlantis.) A Cit run means they are going to be focusing on getting to and winning the Cits and not really sinking/treasure hauling. Generally these people are looking for good sword fighters.

And in that same thread- GY = graveyard which is the Haunted Seas equivalent of the citadels in Atlantis.

I hope that helps a little bit. And welcome back to the game.
[Oct 8, 2014 7:33:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

In CIs(Cursed Isle), FF means Frenetic Forager which you can obtain by foraging 15+ points in a single forage duty report when you're on the island in the CI

In Kraken hunts, it's the Flailing Flan trophy which is awarded to a pirate when they bring a total of 48 eggs back to the safe zone

Tokener is a person who can token (consistently)

Those shapes represent tokens. You can token on flotillas, smhs and blockades.
Bilge
Carp
Patch
Rig
Sail

Cit = citadels

which is the navver saying you need a bit o' sf exp to get hired

Edit: I dun got beat. She said everything here but the Flailing flan trophy ^^
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Keaze at Oct 8, 2014 7:43:35 AM]
[Oct 8, 2014 7:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

To add to the previous posts:

Cits -- Cit runs. You'll need Master+ PvP SF to get jobbed, and 1-2 station stats ren+.
FF/tokener -- Cursed Isles. You'll need ren+ station stat and a seal/piller in that same stat. Seals are trophies given when you hit 100 tokens + excellent on the DR. Pillars are 100 incredible tokens. You also need the Frenetic Forager, which was explained above.
Kraken Hunts -- You need egg trophies, explained above. Sometimes high bnav (ren+) will get you jobbed but don't count on it. You can also do solo Kraken runs to grind trophies or ones with a couple friends.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Oct 8, 2014 10:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

List of known Puzzle Pirates abbreviations and acronyms
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 8, 2014 4:24:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates