• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1657 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Scrappyilse

Stall management: What happens with commods when the owner is dormant? Reply to this Post

Hi,

Currently I manage a shipbuilding stall for a crewbie of mine. There's not a lot I can do at the moment because I can't move the commods and due to the disbalance no orders can be made because I can't have the commods needed to be delivered.

My crewbie has been MIA for two weeks now. I've paid the taxes, but there's really nothing else I can do.

Hence my question:
What would happen if I'd leave the shop and she doesn't return for several more weeks?:
1. Does the rent still get paid from the stalls coffers until there's not enough poe in the stalls coffers anymore?
2. What happens with the commods when the stall dusts?

I had thought about asking an OM to help move the commods to a ship of my crewbie (personal lock, so I don't access to that) to make sure she still has the commods and move the poe from the stall to that same ship so that when she returns she at least has all that left.
But I thought I'd better ask here first what actually happens in the above case :)

Thanks for the help!
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Oct 2, 2014 11:51:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Re: Stall management: What happens with commods when the owner is dormant? Reply to this Post

The cost of rent is subtracted from the money held in the coffers every week (or up to two weeks if the rent for the previous week was already paid in advance manually). When the coffers no longer have enough to pay rent then the stall becomes dark-lighted and no business can be performed until the rent is paid. I think after one or two weeks, I forget which exactly, of being in this condition then the stall goes poof and disappears. Any commodities and money (any money left that wasn't enough to pay rent) also go poof. If custom furniture was placed, then it returns to their owners, not that anyone decorates their stalls or shoppes anymore.

Thus you will have to pay rent for your friend until she returns. D:

I highly doubt that an Oceanmaster will help move the space-filling commodities to your friend's locked ship since that would sort of be an invasion of account privacy. :P

What alot of people do is just leave a huge chunk of money in their stalls or shoppes so that even if they're afk for years at a time, rent is still paid and the stall or shoppe is not dusted - another word for poofing. While this dormancy isn't particularly harmful for bazaars, since other players can freely open stalls and pick up the slack of whatever services the dormant stall was offering, it's really annoying with shoppes, since on medium island they freaking take up the space of bazaars and nobody can replace their work. Cough cough Ilha shoppes - distill and apoth bazaars rant rant rant rant. Same with Hubbles and a furnisher bazaar. Man, shoppes on mediums are stupid. Rant rant rant rant rant. *cooling down* *sort of*

rant
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Oct 3, 2014 12:22:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Re: Stall management: What happens with commods when the owner is dormant? Reply to this Post

What alot of people do is just leave a huge chunk of money in their stalls or shoppes so that even if they're afk for years at a time, rent is still paid and the stall or shoppe is not dusted - another word for poofing. While this dormancy isn't particularly harmful for bazaars, since other players can freely open stalls and pick up the slack of whatever services the dormant stall was offering, it's really annoying with shoppes, since on medium island they freaking take up the space of bazaars and nobody can replace their work. Cough cough Ilha shoppes - distill and apoth bazaars rant rant rant rant. Same with Hubbles and a furnisher bazaar. Man, shoppes on mediums are stupid. Rant rant rant rant rant. *cooling down* *sort of*

Salty much.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Oct 3, 2014 2:02:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

If custom furniture was placed, then it returns to their owners, not that anyone decorates their stalls or shoppes anymore.

The stall has been decorated, so yes, it is important to know that the furniture will be sent back to the furniture's owner's booty (which may not be the same as the stall owner). Also, any clothes in the wardrobe will be sent back to whoever owns the wardrobe, similar for sword racks and bludgeon trunks.

I suspect the stall doesn't have *that* much in the hold, at least by value. It was never making ships larger than a plain sloop or lifeboats. It is the minerals/paint/etc. needed to make things like rogue war brigs and bludgeons that can be quit expensive.

In order to pay rent, you can sell off the commods the stall has to other stalls on the island, that might get you another week.

Shopkeeping can be rough.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Oct 3, 2014 4:42:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

In order to pay rent, you can sell off the commods the stall has to other stalls on the island, that might get you another week.

As Algol mentioned, you can likely sell off some of the stock to make room to correct the "imbalance" of commodities that the stall has. Wood is likely to be the one filling space, since it's so darn bulky. D: If it is wood, then it's not too much of a loss to sell some of it off since it's a fairly cheap (but bulky!) commodity.

Best of luck!
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Oct 3, 2014 7:59:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Thanks everyone, for your advice! I think the best way it is to sell some commods and then let the rent be taken care of by the poe in the coffers :)

Thanks again!
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Oct 3, 2014 9:19:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates