• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1158 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Zaruds

Puzzle Pirates for Microsoft devices? Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates!

I saw that there is an app for Apple devices to play Puzzle Pirates.

I would like to know if there is any chance for Microsoft users to get such thing too.

Thank ye for your time,
Zaruds, Emerald Ocean
----------------------------------------
Zaruds on Emerald Ocean

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all. ~ Johnny Depp
[Sep 30, 2014 6:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Puzzle Pirates for Microsoft devices? Reply to this Post

I saw that there is an app for Apple devices to play Puzzle Pirates.

There is no longer an app for the ipads. Sadly, it turned out that it was just too hard to make YPP work on such a small screen, especially when YPP uses the keyboard so much.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 30, 2014 6:38:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zaruds

Oh, I didn't know that... I know its hard to keep updating both clients (normal one and apple devices) :/
Zaruds on Emerald Ocean

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all. ~ Johnny Depp
[Sep 30, 2014 8:37:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Zaruds wrote: 
I know its hard to keep updating both clients (normal one and apple devices) :/

Aye, Three Rings knew that too, which is why they tried to make a new version of the desktop client which was an exact copy of the iPad client.

That didn't go over so well either.
[Oct 1, 2014 4:00:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

I would have totally been pro-PPX if it meant they'd keep the app :(
Crafting/parlour on it was fun
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Oct 1, 2014 5:32:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I would have totally been pro-PPX if it meant they'd keep the app :(
Crafting/parlour on it was fun

The app was, sad to say, a disaster that dragged on too long. That doesn't mean that it's not possible to do a new GUI, with tablet interface. But they would really need to start over, and build it around how people would actually use this game, not what their focus group says makes other games popular, which is how it looked like how the tablet/YPPx interface was designed. I mean, you've got this giant button marked "decorate ship", but nothing show the view outside of the ship without getting into the crow's nest? That's something designed by someone who's been looking at fuss made over LE ships, and looking at other games, but not playing this one.

It can be done. But it would require someone who plays the game to help with initial design, and probably a fair amount of player input starting early in the process. And, despite the fact that Apple fanatics tend to spend more money, do GUI setup/testing on the Android side of things, because you don't have to deal with Apple's rules, that way. Also, OOO needs to put out another solid update or two, just so their customer base starts getting a bit of faith in them again.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 1, 2014 2:12:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates