• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12473 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
Rechivas

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Getting Ready for Winter Edition [Deadline: October 22] Reply to this Post

I've realized this one might need a explanation on what it is.
So it's light out of focus, like when you take a blured picture on lights. A bit like this one http://tinyurl.com/nd9uwkr or http://tinyurl.com/kx6ggvy

So this one is suppose to be on winter/ xmas light decoration, and they are testing it/ setting them up.
Or it's just random lights outside, now that it's getting darker, be prepared for allot of colorful lights outdoors.

Thaught I'd explain it here since I can't come up with a name for the background that just explains it.

----------------------------------------
Always looking for trinkets :)
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rechiva/Trinkets

Rechiva - Emerald
[Oct 20, 2014 4:42:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Getting Ready for Winter Edition [Deadline: October 22] Reply to this Post

I like the idea, but I think its too vague. The rainbow doesn't look Christmas to me, but rather a phone background.

For example: yellow white lights with green would look like a tree, or green and red would be more generic christmas light colours.

[Maybe also think about how the pirate would be standing on the image, so it doesn't look like they are floating in rainbow orbs.]

For a name, that effect is called [Bokeh] .
-

Greylady: Just a nitpick: the very closest candycane on the left is being obscured by grass behind it.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by cattrin at Oct 20, 2014 9:34:03 AM]
[Oct 20, 2014 7:19:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rechivas

So I tried to make it in red & green and green & yellow. It looks a bit more christmas-y.
Personaly like the rainbow more tho, was thinking more outside lights than xmas tree lights: http://tinyurl.com/k22cjbo
But I'll just enter both.
Thanks for the name, I've been looking for it :) The only thing I found was light flare, but It didn't seem that fitting.

Always looking for trinkets :)
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rechiva/Trinkets

Rechiva - Emerald
[Oct 20, 2014 4:23:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Here's the final (I hope!) version. I fixed the candy cane (thanks Cattrin!), added a bit of snow to the door frame and window sill, and added frosted window panes to the window (thanks for the suggestions Oldwater).

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Oct 20, 2014 7:34:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Getting Ready for Winter Edition [Winner's Announced] Reply to this Post

Announcing the winners!

Dragonjayne's Monkeys Holiday Preparation

Greylady's Holiday Decorating

Jimgin's Winter Timber

Rechiva's Cabin

Rechiva's Decorating for Winter

Rechiva's Knitting

The winners please send a petition with the title "FAO: Nemesis" with the following information:
* confirmation of pirate name and ocean to receive the prizes
* choice of in-game clothing or furniture item (anything in any color purchasable from a shoppe that doesn't require a Design or Reputation)
* real name and full mailing address for real-life prizes
* or a second in-game clothing item if you don't wish to have the real-life prize
* choice of Greenbones egg or doll, Fishheadred egg or doll or Bluebeard egg or doll!

It's very likely that this edition will run again sometime in the future, so those who didn't win this time or those with unfinished work make sure to save the piece so you can submit then. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for participating!
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Nov 10, 2014 11:02:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Getting Ready for Winter Edition [Winner's Announced] Reply to this Post

Thanks for selecting mine, and congrats to all of the other winners as well. :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Nov 10, 2014 8:13:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Irelandjim

Delighted. Thank you for selecting mine. Well done to everyone else also.
[Nov 11, 2014 8:52:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Congrats to all the selected artists! Those are some very beautiful bgs, I'm excited to get a new portrait next month!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Nov 12, 2014 9:34:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elfluffy

Though I am sad mine wasn't selected, the ones that won did well. Congratulations winners.
[Nov 13, 2014 9:12:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This edition is now in game. Enjoy!
[Dec 5, 2014 8:10:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates