• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4514 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
cyndiepet

[Viridian] Intent for Conglin

To all members of the Viridian Community,

I, as Queen of the Flag Pay for Play, would like to publically announce that we intend to blockade the island of Conglin on Saturday June 18th at 3:00 PM EST, 12 PM PST.

The blockade will be sinking, and bound to have some fun glub glub. Jobbing contacts will be Cyndiepet and Sweetcalidae.

At the end of the blockade, there will be a 100K SF and 100K drinking tourney to say thank you to all for some good fun. Huggles!
----------------------------------------
Cyndiepet

Original Queen of Pay for Play

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 
Pgoog has an Ultimate standing in Loving across the Universe

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cyndiepet at Jun 16, 2005 12:19:03 PM]
[Jun 16, 2005 12:19:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Re: [Viridian] Intent for Conglin

Do you have any opposition?
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jun 16, 2005 12:59:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

Correct date on the blockade is the 18th of June at the time posted by Cyndiepet.

As far as what Lok asked, we do not know if there is any competition or anyone else contending, but they are welcome to post their jobbing contacts here:)
Tristan

All Oceans
[Jun 16, 2005 1:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

Does Pay for Play support the same tactics of war that the leadership supported in thier last flag's war against Moros de Mindanao?

Does Pay for Play support the use of Able alts for "mercenary" activities in other flags?

Do the leaders of Pay for Play express any remorse for the fact that they used said alts to sink smaller, inexperienced pirates with no political injury to said last flag, aka, the founding purpose of Pay for Play by Poesink according to past Pay for Play public statments?
[Jun 16, 2005 2:45:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

Do you know why I pulled you over?
Do you know what speed you were going?
Do you know why I have to write you a ticket?
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Jun 16, 2005 2:53:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
maisutero

I'm not bad, I'm just rendered that way.

Post retracted because it sounded like a prick wrote it. Pehaps I am forum passive/aggressive.

At anyrate, don't hijack people's threads to tart at them. It's bad form. :-(
Grundie
Captain of CoU
Mad Scientist of U
Troublemaker of M
[Edit 1 times, last edit by maisutero at Jun 16, 2005 3:02:23 PM]
[Jun 16, 2005 3:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

Yes. I'm horrible for "smearing" a flag that was founded by Poesink to wage war on newer flags who, at the time, had little exprience in anything. According to Tristan, a prince of Pay for Play, Poesink is an alt of one of the characters in said flag. Poesink has a sea battle rating of Broad/Able, while the main, according to Tristan, is currently Solid/Ultimate.

I'm a mostly inactive player now, however, it irks me to see flags who were founded to grief inexperienced players acting like that never happened. You wanna go support griefers on Viridian, be my guest. As far as "smearing" goes, I'm just reminding the rest of the playerbase what the leadership of Pay for Play want to ignore.
[Jun 16, 2005 3:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Ah... I'd just like to point out that Akumu isn't a part of a flag right now. For many reasons that are his to disclose if he should see fit.

Personally. I'd like to with Pay For Play Luck. And a note - if we've got nothing else to do, Moros will most likely be borrowing a Fandango's of Midnight game and playing Ketchy Cubby at either Conglin or Dendrite. Maybe both.

See you on the board!
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 16, 2005 3:46:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiernan

Akumu wrote: 

Do the leaders of Pay for Play express any remorse for the fact that they used said alts to sink smaller, inexperienced pirates with no political injury to said last flag.

Show remorse for sinking ships of a flag they were at war with?

Akumu wrote: 

Yes. I'm horrible for "smearing" a flag that was founded by Poesink to wage war on newer flags who, at the time, had little exprience in anything

War only happens when the second flag accepts the declaration of war. Are you saying they took of advantage of these flags because they didn't know what it meant to accept the declaration of war? If that is the case, then mabye they shouldn't have formed a flag before they knew this basic fact.
[Jun 17, 2005 12:49:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soulja

He's talking about alt abuse, not war. JEEZ. Viridian people keep proving themselves worse and worse. They're like RD without any of the skills.
Nemesis wrote: 
Please remove your current signature as, out of context, it is inappropriate.

Idaa wrote: 
people like you are why the world is such a mess and hope you don/t spawn more kids

[Jun 17, 2005 1:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Tiernan wrote: 
Akumu wrote: 

Do the leaders of Pay for Play express any remorse for the fact that they used said alts to sink smaller, inexperienced pirates with no political injury to said last flag.

Show remorse for sinking ships of a flag they were at war with?

Akumu wrote: 

Yes. I'm horrible for "smearing" a flag that was founded by Poesink to wage war on newer flags who, at the time, had little exprience in anything

War only happens when the second flag accepts the declaration of war. Are you saying they took of advantage of these flags because they didn't know what it meant to accept the declaration of war? If that is the case, then mabye they shouldn't have formed a flag before they knew this basic fact.

And maybe using alts to bypass might rings is specifically mentioned in the RD clause (i.e. spirit of the game) of the TOS.
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Jun 17, 2005 2:26:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Allura

Soulja wrote: 
Viridian people keep proving themselves worse and worse. They're like RD without any of the skills.

And, once again, the forum makes me question why I spend any time playing this game at all. The insults aimed at Viridian are getting tiresome. I'm certainly not going to argue if you have problems with individuals, I just take issue with insulting everyone on an ocean. Please stop.
Allura, Ambassador & Senior Officer of Port Authority
Sailing the Viridian Ocean
[Jun 17, 2005 5:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://JoannaHurley.livejournal.com    AlluraUni    AlluraUni [Link]  Go to top 
kbuds

You silly Viridianites and your... oh wait..
---[color=maroon]Subliminal -[color=maroon] Viridian---
?Think. Feel. Subliminal.?
[size=9]Demeter tells you, "You are still here? Wow, least I get paid for having no life!" ;(
[Jun 17, 2005 11:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pwned.nl    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
ottovb

Soulja wrote: 
He's talking about alt abuse, not war. JEEZ. Viridian people keep proving themselves worse and worse. They're like RD without any of the skills.

Awww. . .
Where is the LOVE?
[Jun 17, 2005 5:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarblac

Soulja wrote: 

Way to generalize. You do realize that Viridian typically has more people playing than the other oceans combined?

(Based on checking it about three times during this week, could be that my European timezones are a-typical, but it certainly seems that way)
Enoch, Captain of Single Malt, on Cobalt
Royal of Keepers of the Light
[Jun 17, 2005 6:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

No, those numbers are about right at any given time of day actually. And not all of the Viridian ocean is "unskilled"

Although it will be amusing to see how well the server holds up under 3 blockades all running together.

Good luck again Cyndiepet.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 17, 2005 7:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cyndiepet

Thank you Pheonix. Good Luck to you as well :-)
Cyndiepet

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 

[Jun 17, 2005 10:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meow123_456

cyndiepet wrote: 
blockade will be sinking, and bound to have some fun glub glub.

and there was! castor hired people to try and stop pay for play, but 'we' got sunk 3 times and i got a pegleg!
Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
Pillaging Sucks.

[Jun 18, 2005 6:30:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

I want to thank all of our allies for showing up and supporting us in winning Conglin. Also, thanks to Castor for fielding 3 war frigs and bringing some excitement to the blockade. You rawk mate:)
Tristan

All Oceans
[Jun 18, 2005 7:51:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cyndiepet

Aye, thank you to all of our friends and allies who helped make this a great day for our Flag. I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did. Thank you, Castor, for bringing in the frigs and adding to the excitement :-D Huggles!
Cyndiepet

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 

[Jun 18, 2005 10:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

/em openly wonders how much more action there would have been if P4P and Req. didn't get their older brother SSS to blockade Olive...

I guess we'll see how those flags do in a real blockade once they get their shoppes up. After all, the shoppe dead travels with the outpost...
Sig

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

[Jun 19, 2005 2:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
joris

I was kind of bummed when i heard SSS was blockading prolix, actually. It was SSS's decision to do so, and Pay for Play had no connection to that happening, nor did it persuade SSS to do so. We would have rather had some competition, as there was nothing till we called in castor and his narya frigates.

Don't stick this on Pay for Play, and get your facts straight before posting them, or word yourself in a mannor that is questioning what happened, not explaining.
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[Jun 19, 2005 7:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Fact: Req and P4P are allied with SSS

Fact: Req and P4P blockades started 30 minutes before SSS's blockade started.

Therefore, it is logicial to conclude that SSS is protecting the blockades of Req. and P4P by blockadeing Olive.
Sig

[Jun 19, 2005 11:36:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
joris

Siggy wrote: 

Therefore, it is logicial to conclude that SSS is protecting the blockades of Req. and P4P by blockadeing Olive.

Ok, so i guess it would be against reason for 2 flags to want to blockade an island they want the weekend it comes out, and for a flag that was going to blockade the weekend before to blockade now due to difficulties the weekend before?

Logic is not fact. Do not mistake the two. No one from Pay for Play asked SSS to blockade olive to "shield" our blockade. We would not have asked Castor to come in and create some entertainment if we wanted an actionless blockade the olive battle provided us. We would have loved for the ketchy cubby that MDM had planned at the conglin blockade to go forward, but it was not our decision to cancel that. Please do not make our flags look bad for fielding 2 frigates and 2 brigs for a tiny little outpost.
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[Jun 19, 2005 12:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Facts ----> logical conclusions

Logical conclusions -----XXXX--->fact

Furthermore

OM contesting blockades!=player's contesting

Sorry, it isn't the same. I would believe that there would be a great outcry if the only reason a flag lost an island was because of OM spawned ships. The OMs would never field enough ships/people to put an island bid in danger unless they screwed up (origional blockades on Cobalt, for example). Simply put, if they did, then the risk vs reward would be too high to be worth the trouble since Narya could get ships till the cows come home. Ships going glub sink glub? Sure. Narya defending an outpost? Not gonna happen.
Sig

[Jun 19, 2005 1:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
zamorak

Why exactly are you complaining Sig? You got to have fun at your own blockade and you didn't get your ships sunk. So would you rather be mad at P4P because SSS didn't blockade Olive and you lost your ships?
Ebag
Nemo wrote: 
What did you do? You're the cute little Fatpants! You're the Bugbear! You're the Chubby Buggy! Look at those cheeks! You are the Chunkamunk! Chubbabubba!

[Jun 19, 2005 2:34:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Speaking for myself, I would rather have had fun taking a new island then defending Olive.

On the other hand, defending the homeland is more important then expanding it.

You're also assuming that MdM wouldn't have entered at least one of the outpost blockades when, in reality, we would have. Hence, we still would have had some blockade fun...
Sig

[Jun 19, 2005 3:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

joris wrote: 
Siggy wrote: 

Ok, so i guess it would be against reason for 2 flags to want to blockade an island they want the weekend it comes out, and for a flag that was going to blockade the weekend before to blockade now due to difficulties the weekend before?

Logic is not fact.

Okay, then here's another fact: Scupperer stated that they were blockading Olive to keep "the other alliances" busy. An additional fact: SSS planned to blockade Olive as a rushed decision... all my sources say they planed a proxy war the weekend before when their proxy backed out. Get your facts straight.
[Jun 19, 2005 3:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
narche

Just out of curiosity, Akumu, what is your stake in this? You seem to be expressing quite a bit of opinion (both here and in game) for an unaffiliated crew. I'm not sure benevolence is the right answer.
GDI
Viridian
[Jun 19, 2005 5:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

My motives are all my own.
[Jun 19, 2005 5:12:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates