• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5001 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
srachit

Bombing Help Please Reply to this Post

I have recently started bombing, and although I feel I do pretty alright, there are some maps where I am completely clueless on where to sit. I was hoping people could give me pointers ^.^

Here are two screenshots I took of two different maps.
Map1:
http://prntscr.com/4kifqf

Map 2:
http://prntscr.com/4kjsde

Thanks! :)
----------------------------------------
Raaz on Emerald
Pandaraaz on Meridian
[Sep 7, 2014 7:46:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Bombing Help Please Reply to this Post

On map one, start in the space two spaces above and one space above-right from the top defendacle, pointed into the whirlie (the space is partially cut off in the picture). Then you go forward, left (bomb right).
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 7, 2014 8:37:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Map 1

Black triangle is where your starting point is then you go L R•
Yes, I see that the black triangle is on an egg entrace but there are 2 entrances to that egg route and this is the safest place to bomb..

The red circles are where you should lay your protective bombs so defendacles wont spawn on those two spaces. There'd be 0 chance on a defendacle sinking you.

I haven't found a good enough route for map 2 but this is if you're open to 2 bombers
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Sep 7, 2014 9:01:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Better option for map one is two spaces further forward, facing the other way, because getting back there after you've finished bombing is just FRRF. (Incidentally, Keaze, not entirely sure on how you're supposed to bomb the lower space you've marked without spending several turns getting in the right position in the whirlpool...)

For map two, bombing from the sides is always an option, albeit one that relies heavily on the defendacles not spawning right in your path.

Edit: On second thoughts, this is also an option. Still some danger of defendacles getting in your way, but probably slightly less than coming straight in from the side.

Edit: No wait, you have to start one square further back. Wasn't thinking, couldn't be bothered editing. And that's going to take four moves to actually bomb the kraken. You're right, that's not a good option...
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Sep 7, 2014 2:00:04 PM]
[Sep 7, 2014 1:44:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Forgive my noobiness, I'm not a bomber at all so this is less of a suggestion and more of a query, but could you do this for the second map?:

I realise this still leaves a possibility for problematic defendacles, but it's relatively safe. I was kinda just guessing on the best placement of protective bombs.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Sep 8, 2014 3:50:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Forgive my noobiness, I'm not a bomber at all so this is less of a suggestion and more of a query, but could you do this for the second map?

A lot depends on the whole board and we can only see a small part, but most likely, bomb camping at that spot would make it very hard to get eggs since there may only be that narrow path to get above the head.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Sep 8, 2014 4:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hiworldalt

There is a way to first-turn, guaranteed bomb both krakens...

With two people working together.

Black is you, maroon is your partner. simply right turn and then left bomb to sink the kraken on move one. Over the course of the next 4 turns or so, input 2 lefts, then 3 forwards, then 3 lefts, then 2 forwards, then 1 left to return to the starting position. Your friend can chat or do whatever. This process guarantees one-turn kraken sinks, but it uses two people. Note that both people are safe from defendacle spawns (and by extension, normal tent spawns too).

Number 2 is not guaranteed, but it comes close.

Place a bomb on the brown circle. Then right turn once, followed by a left bomb for a kraken down on move one. Then two rights, a left, and two more rights return to the starting position. You, the bomber, are safe; your "rock" can die at any time from an unlucky defendacle spawn.

If the rocks don't allow either method, then Keaze's two-move two-bomber method is still pretty good.

tl;dr sometimes you need teamwork to bomb the kraken.

If my explanations are too confusing, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hiworldalt at Sep 9, 2014 11:06:36 PM]
[Sep 9, 2014 10:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates