• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1788 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
WutaiWeb

Labor not being distributed evenly between stalls (same pay) Reply to this Post

I've been watching my labor reports for about a month now.

I have an ironworkers, a weaver, and a distillery stall.

All three of them pay 15/20/25 on Emerald (cheapskate! :p ) and I have taken a job at all three of them, making sure to keep my labor up to date.

Ironworking: Expert labor-able (renowned)
Weaving: Expert labor-able (grand master)
Distillery: Skiller labor-able (distinguished)

All three of the stalls only use skilled labor at maximum in their huge backlog of orders (cannonballs, sail cloth, and grog) and most of the time are in need of basic labor (15poe/hr for all three stalls).

My records show that my labor (predominantly basic) has pretty much been dumped into the weaving stall, however. Some basic and skilled has poured into the ironworkers, but the distillery has not received any labor at all.

For reference, all three of my stalls are small, but that doesn't make much of a difference since I am the sole employee (*sad face*) and they would be able to fully utilize my deluxe labor badge each, much more when it's split between the stalls. All three stalls also have alot of orders (130 distillery, 430 ironmonger, 84 weavery).

Any thoughts on what may be causing my labor to not be distributed into distilling, and more so into weaving?
----------------------------------------
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Aug 31, 2014 10:56:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Labor not being distributed evenly between stalls (same pay) Reply to this Post

How labor gets distributed seems very quirky to me, I wish it was clearer/better documented.

One thing that is fairly obvious is that shops with orders in their queue get labor before other shops get to fill their reserve labor. I'm not sure how much further than this it goes, it is possible that a shops with deeper queues get preference.

I wish I could help explain things.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 31, 2014 11:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

Re: Labor not being distributed evenly between stalls (same pay) Reply to this Post

just a guess...is it the oldest orders (among all the orders at the 3 stalls) that gets worked on first?

This is what I have noticed with the 2 IM stalls I manage on Cerulean (both owners went dormant over a year ago, so I control everything). I am the only employee at both stalls. If neither of the stalls have any reserve labor and I place an order at Stall A, then place the same order at Stall B, my labor goes to the order at Stall A first.
Hope this helps.

Edit to add:
I think that you can also direct labor by increasing the pay rate. I think I read somewhere that a pirate's labor will go to their job with the highest pay rate first. If this is the case, try raising your salary at the stall where you need the labor the most and see if it pushes that queue. You can reset it after you accept the higher rate for your pirate so possible employees get the standard pay.
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forestria5 at Aug 31, 2014 11:37:03 AM]
[Aug 31, 2014 11:30:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

I would love an answer to this too ;c
I have to quit in a stall and retake when the order that I want finishes. I have a lot of labour alts. Effort D:
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Aug 31, 2014 11:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

just a guess...is it the oldest orders (among all the orders at the 3 stalls) that gets worked on first?

This is what I have noticed with the 2 IM stalls I manage on Cerulean (both owners went dormant over a year ago, so I control everything). I am the only employee at both stalls. If neither of the stalls have any reserve labor and I place an order at Stall A, then place the same order at Stall B, my labor goes to the order at Stall A first.
Hope this helps.

Edit to add:
I think that you can also direct labor by increasing the pay rate. I think I read somewhere that a pirate's labor will go to their job with the highest pay rate first. If this is the case, try raising your salary at the stall where you need the labor the most and see if it pushes that queue. You can reset it after you accept the higher rate for your pirate so possible employees get the standard pay.

I suspect this may be what happens.

The ironmonger and the weavery stall orders were put in months ago, whereas the grog orders were put in about a month ago to service the lifeboats coming into the game.

I believe the ironmonger orders were put in earlier than the weavery orders yet the labor still goes into the weavery orders, but at least the general idea of older orders with equal pay being filled first seems to align with what I have observed too.

As for the higher pay I have read and tried that too. A strange quirk I have found was that when I took a job at a flag mate's stall which paid basic labor at 14 poe (by my request) and my other two jobs were at my own stall, which paid basic labor 15 poe, my labor for the week was going to the flag mate's 14 poe stall. o_o

Bah, labor system *throws hands up*.

[Aug 31, 2014 12:08:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I wonder if it's because the distilling stall (or, in the last example, the two 15 PoE/hr stalls) have more employees, thus using less of your labor as a jobber. My understanding for how labor works is that every hour, the stall/shoppe polls among all its employees to find one that has an available hour, then uses it. IT repeats this until it's hit it's labor throughput or used all employees. If a shoppe/stall has more employees than can possibly provide labor for, then the "extra" employees' hours wouldn't be used at all.

Also, if you're the only one with a job at a specific place, it's very likely that your hours will go there before other equal-paying jobs.

Just my 2 PoE.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Sep 1, 2014 3:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

I wonder if it's because the distilling stall (or, in the last example, the two 15 PoE/hr stalls) have more employees, thus using less of your labor as a jobber. My understanding for how labor works is that every hour, the stall/shoppe polls among all its employees to find one that has an available hour, then uses it. IT repeats this until it's hit it's labor throughput or used all employees. If a shoppe/stall has more employees than can possibly provide labor for, then the "extra" employees' hours wouldn't be used at all.

Also, if you're the only one with a job at a specific place, it's very likely that your hours will go there before other equal-paying jobs.

Just my 2 PoE.

Nah all my stalls are just me. :p Arg. :[

I check my employee roster every time I visit my stalls. :D

[Sep 2, 2014 5:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates