• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1140 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Vathmiel

Trying to winnow out sword/bludgeon choices Reply to this Post

For the non, at least, these seem to be my tendencies for swordfighting and brawling.

Swordfighting: Try to build a decent height 2xN gem on one side of the screen, both sides if I can get away with it. Everything else tends to get sprinkled away without going past width 1. The gems usually get broken at a height of 4 or 5 (often because I had to stick an off-color block on top of half of it), although at least early on, 2x2 gems can get broken.

Not sure if I accurately described my tendency, but I have a feeling my target is good vertical strikes to height 4 or 5, with at least average sprinkling.

Brawling: My tendency here seems to be trying to build up combos to 4 or 5, with sprinkling as necessary to keep the punching lines clear. (Now I just have to remember to include some drop-offs more consistently...) Later in the match, it drops to 3 as I try to keep the lines open (and put up with the added depth from time and enemy strikes), and occasionally 2. So main priority is probably height-4 strikes, again with at-least-average sprinkling.

I do already have a short sword (orange-green) and rope coils (red-aqua), so at least I have general purpose weapons. My current guess for absolute ideals is scimitar and skull rings, but (a) I have a tendency to second-guess these conclusions, and (b) I want to get a sense of what good stops on the ladder are depending on how many PoE and doubloons I can afford to expend at a time.

(Will update if my practice missions turn out to deviate from my memory.)

EDIT 1: So much for a clear tendency to build to 6! It starts looking crowded to me once there's 4 or 5 charged clusters. That's generally when I'm ready to break. (Maybe 6 was when there was a slight overhang on one side?)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vathmiel at Aug 20, 2014 7:19:02 PM]
[Aug 20, 2014 7:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates