• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1119 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Fujihasimas

Summon frays Reply to this Post

Is it possible to summon frays that only visible to friends or local players only?
I find it quite annoying after inviting friends who are free and i find myself kicked out of fray due to outnumber of humans.
Some other people joined the frayie.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fujihasimas at Aug 20, 2014 7:51:21 AM]
[Aug 20, 2014 7:17:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Summon frays Reply to this Post

Is it possible to summon frays that only visible to friends or local players only?

No.

It isn't clear that OOO hasn't allowed friend-only summons because the think it would be bad game design, or because it would require a lot of recoding, or they think that other things are far more important to work on, but it has been asked from many times from soon after skellie charms were released.

The best "solution" I've heard of is to spawn them on an uncolonized large island in a hard to find spot and make sure you have enough good players to win quickly.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 20, 2014 8:10:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

On Cerulean, my crew does this on Cabos de Hornos. It is uncolonized so fewer people have it on their world map. If you follow the "maze" to the far right end of the island and gather all your friends there before you do the summoning then other people won't get the mission before you are ready. The "maze" takes a long time to traverse, so it gives you extra time to finish the fray even if additional people do get to the island.
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Aug 20, 2014 9:38:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

On Cerulean, my crew does this on Cabos de Hornos. It is uncolonized so fewer people have it on their world map. If you follow the "maze" to the far right end of the island and gather all your friends there before you do the summoning then other people won't get the mission before you are ready. The "maze" takes a long time to traverse, so it gives you extra time to finish the fray even if additional people do get to the island.

The down side is that frequently, monster frays naturally spawn in that maze on Cabo so it is the first place monster hunters search. This is true for most islands, there are spots where monsters frequently spawn, and spots where they don't. By spawning the monsters in unusual spots, you might get another chance or two to defeat the monsters before they are discovered.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 20, 2014 9:43:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates