• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1249 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Scrappyilse

Foraging on free days Reply to this Post

Hey everyone,

I've been playing some catch up since it's been several years I've played. I've noticed foraging now has an actual puzzle, which is great!

I noticed too, that you need either doubloons or a subscription to be able to play it. I understand that if you play forgaging on the free days, you'll simply practise it. Does this mean you won't bring in commods for the ship owner? I assume it does indeed mean that, but I thought I'd better ask.

Thanks for the help!
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 19, 2014 2:56:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Foraging on free days Reply to this Post

You're correct. Given how fast foraging plays, and that it's a PoE fountain (instead of shuffling around the PoE), you would end up with players having alt armies that just logged on during Tuesdays if you could get actual commodities when playing for free.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Aug 19, 2014 3:50:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I noticed too, that you need either doubloons or a subscription to be able to play it. I understand that if you play forgaging on the free days, you'll simply practise it.

On free days, you do not have to have a subscription/badge to play the puzzle, but as you guessed, it is just practice. IIRC, if you don't have a subscription/badge, you can't apply for foraging jobs via the notice board though, you have to be manually jobbed onto the ship. Many forage operators are happy to let you practice, others don't want the hassle.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 19, 2014 4:26:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Thanks for the help! Good to know :)
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 19, 2014 9:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Thunar_Midi

...if you don't have a subscription/badge, you can't apply for foraging jobs via the notice board though, you have to be manually jobbed onto the ship.

send me a tell when i'm on the NB
Thunar

Captain of the crew Kiss The Machine
King of the flag Cross No More Rivers
Cerulean Ocean
[Aug 19, 2014 3:00:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates