• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1671 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Blazikin94

Dying Game :( Reply to this Post

Hi there, been playing on and off for years now, and the game is a wicked game!, so in-depth and a lot of possibilities. I just want to comment that I think the whole game needs a make over and a possible major re launch, new marketing, and get the games player data base up and running. Looking at server data on average across all oceans there are around 600 players online... Seriously sad sight, and moderators and ocean masters get paid to work. There are some 2d mmorpg games run by people at home with more players online. Yes the game was made way back, but to this day there is still no game with so many player generated possibility etc. The only new game that comes close would be Archeage.

How long is Puzzle Pirates expected to be funded for? I doubt for too long , because it doesn't generate enough revenue.

Now that SEGA has control of it what will happen? Did they buy it with hope of doing it up? or did they get given it to do up.

The Ipad version was probably a huge loss, when that money and development should have gone to game design and re market the game.

Concerned player :(, maybe even change how the puzzles look , same puzzle but the graphics, it will surely stop botters for a period of time as well.
[Aug 12, 2014 5:15:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Dying Game :( Reply to this Post

I don't suppose you could just continue one of the other doom-and-gloom posts instead of starting a new one? How about we sticky one to the top of the form?
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Aug 12, 2014 6:31:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

I'm confident if they attempted to change all that much about the game, most of us old salts would leave.

At least I would.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Aug 12, 2014 7:13:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

OOO has the ability to make a great game even better. Spiral knights seems to be a huge success to me.

Problem with YPP is that it caters to a very niche player base. I don't doubt that more people would play it if they were forced to play atleast a few minutes, but the current meta of gaming is simply working against it.
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate
[Aug 13, 2014 1:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates