• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 288
Posts: 288   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 79533 times and has 287 replies Next Thread
Fannon

Re: Familiar/Pet Colors Needed Reply to this Post

Have updated the original post with your new informations. :)
----------------------------------------
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[May 27, 2015 5:05:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

wb, Fannon! :)

I know someone who has a cream-faced yeti but she hasn't logged on in a week. I'm getting twitchy having the palette so close to done and not posted, so I'm going to go ahead and upload it. Hopefully it'll be finished sometime this week. (The sasquatch palette is waiting on someone I keep near-missing, so that will be up soon, too.)

Now everyone can boggle at the "light blue" yeti skin. Yes, it's correct. Hera checked it for me twice. She's awesome that way.

EDIT: Finally, a persimmon patchy fox (navy)! I was starting to think they were mythical.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at May 28, 2015 8:24:09 AM]
[May 27, 2015 10:09:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Icy unicorn! \o/

I fixed the bad photoshop, too, while I was making myself the other two icy unis, so the unicorns are all done now.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[May 31, 2015 4:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Dragons:
The official doc said brown, but was changed to tan. I saw someone with what looked like brown the other day; I should have asked for confirmation. :(

So, can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, tan? (Which sounds like a rip-off. Tan was the only of the four colors that previously existed.)

Unicorns:
Still no color information on the official doc. I found a pale silver/white so far. Possibly white/pale silver and pale silver/pale silver are also available (these all being combinations not previously released), but the picture from the blog post looks an awful lot like a grey mane. Argh.

Turtles: done

Toucans: ...probably done? I'm just a little paranoid about the shade of blue shown in the blog pic. Probably just artistic license, but still. I'll upload the other three when I get a chance, and probably hold off on the orange/blue until I see it myself.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 9, 2015 9:40:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Dragons:
The official doc said brown, but was changed to tan. I saw someone with what looked like brown the other day; I should have asked for confirmation. :(

So, can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, tan? (Which sounds like a rip-off. Tan was the only of the four colors that previously existed.)

Tan vs Brown is an easy mistake for ringers to make. Internally, Tan is known as "brown" and Brown is known as "dark_brown". There are a lot of other weird things, like medium cannon balls are known as "cannonballs.plain", swill is "rum.cheap", lacquer is "fine_varnish", etc. I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 9, 2015 10:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Tan vs Brown is an easy mistake for ringers to make. Internally, Tan is known as "brown" and Brown is known as "dark_brown". There are a lot of other weird things, like medium cannon balls are known as "cannonballs.plain", swill is "rum.cheap", lacquer is "fine_varnish", etc. I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.

That doesn't explain why all the other fams/pets are new color combinations and that one isn't. If it was meant to be brown but was made tan by accident, I'm not sure switching the doc to say tan was the best fix. (The one that I saw did look like it could plausibly be brown, but I didn't save the screenshot, unfortunately. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, though.)

OTOH, the official doc about dragon colors looks pretty sparse. Maybe a lot of the color combinations in the dragon palette never actually existed. In which case, the next questions is: did any of the old tan dragons have white horns? (Though I'm really too tired to care much anyway.)

EDIT: Actually, given that navy was listed for three different months, there probably was only one horn color per month, in which case, yes, a lot of those dragons don't exist.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Except looking at the old thread, that doesn't appear to be the case. So, I'm back to thinking it was supposed to be brown this time and went terribly wrong. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jun 9, 2015 1:52:48 PM]
[Jun 9, 2015 1:33:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

wrs1864b wrote: 
I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.

Ooo! Ooo! Genie legs! Love that name. Genie chest, too. =)
[Jun 9, 2015 2:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Okay, the unicorn colors are up, and they're all new combinations of old colors, so I can photoshop the three I don't have yet. So the new gold box stuff should be done (soon).

So, we're back to needing mostly festive yeti and natural turtles, plus the last few patchy foxes. I update the list pretty often.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 15, 2015 12:01:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I grabbed the new ice pet inventory images from the palace shoppe, but we'll need scene images for all three.

Scene only:
Ice hedgehog
Ice pig
Ice leopard
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jul 12, 2015 1:12:13 PM]
[Jul 7, 2015 2:20:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strategyking

Ice Hedgehog:

Ice Leopard
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald
[Jul 7, 2015 4:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why? ghost pets DO make the same sounds as all other pets of their type and are no longer semi-transparent since they were changed months, maybe a year ago. if this is the wrong thread (I usually never find the right one) where should I ask ?
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jul 7, 2015 8:20:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why?
What page specifically did you edit? Could you possibly link the edit itself? Then we can probably figure out why it was reverted.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Jul 8, 2015 9:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Thanks, Strategy! :)

Halfbrain5 wrote: 
related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why? ghost pets DO make the same sounds as all other pets of their type and are no longer semi-transparent since they were changed months, maybe a year ago. if this is the wrong thread (I usually never find the right one) where should I ask ?

If you make changes out of left field with no explanation or justification, they'll get reverted...especially when some of your changes are clearly wrong. They may have turned down the transparency a bit, but they certainly haven't turned it off completely. If they had, the ghost hedgehog would look an awful lot like the ice hedgehog, for a start.

And if they had made a change that large to the ghost pets, it would have been appropriate to add historical notes to the pages about the changes. Also, making changes without adding a summary of the changes when you save is just going to annoy people (and increase the chances that they'll not bother including an explanation when they revert your changes).

As for the sounds, did you test one of the ghost pets, or did you test all of the types?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 8, 2015 10:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

In regards spectral pet transparency:
Are you sure you have "enable special event effects" checked in your options panel? Disabling that will make your transparent pets opaque.*

*I think. I found this out with a Spectral Hound. I don't/didn't have any other ghost pets to test this on.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jul 9, 2015 8:08:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

In regards spectral pet transparency:
Are you sure you have "enable special event effects" checked in your options panel? Disabling that will make your transparent pets opaque.*

*I think. I found this out with a Spectral Hound. I don't/didn't have any other ghost pets to test this on.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But if so, it should probably be bugged... I wouldn't think that was intentional.

Does it disable the silence, too?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 9, 2015 1:31:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

taken today, as you can see by color of ocean, special effects are enabled. cat is clearly saying purr and is as transparent as my pig.

compare to this page, https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Cat#Ghost_cat which is one of the ones I edited and you can clearly see a floorboard through the cat and you cannot see the chair leg or carpet details through the one I took today. I also checked ghost puppy and rat in the past for sounds. as for bug report, I reported the lack of silence (as you know bug reports are not answered) waited a couple of months, no change was made, submitted a petition asking if ghost pets were meant to make sounds, was told to find one and see for myself. I then edited all ghost pets to reflect accurate information. I did not realize someone would arbitrarily delete my changes without checking the information. what do you see that is"clearly wrong?"

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jul 10, 2015 3:09:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I did not realize someone would arbitrarily delete my changes without checking the information.

Checking what information? You gave no information. At all.

what do you see that is"clearly wrong?"

The ghost pets are working just fine for other people. The inventory image for the ghost rat and both the scene and inventory images for the ghost hedgehog were all taken in April. You can't see the floorboards through the hedgehog, but it clearly has some level of transparency.

Try reinstalling your client.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 10, 2015 3:49:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it? in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Jul 10, 2015 5:01:35 PM]
[Jul 10, 2015 4:33:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it?

By actually knowing how the word is used with regards to computer graphics?

As I already said, if there were no transparency whatsoever, the ice hedgehog and the ghost hedgehog would look the same, or so close as makes no difference. Tweaking the transparency/opacity (depending on your software) greys up the colors, especially dark pixels like the pet's outline.

in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

I saw the rat. I searched the palace for ages and didn't see any ghost pets (thanks so much).

The rat looked normal, though as I said in the first place, I think they turned down the transparency at some point. (They did the same to ghost people, as I recall.) The rat is still transparent, but on some backgrounds, it's not obvious unless you take a screenshot and zoom in. I can see the edge of the distillery's still cutting right across the rat's nose.

Actually, once it walks onto the widow queen rug, you don't even need to zoom in to see through it.

The rat did make noise, though as I already said, all the pets would need to be tested by several people, and even then, the wiki should still have a note that they weren't always this way. And we could try again to make sure it's not just a bug. If turning off event effects does turn the ghost pet noises back on, it's possible whoever read your bug report just assumed you had effects turned off.

Wait, I just tried turning off event effects, and it had no effect on the rat whatsoever. I even logged off and opened a new client. Weird. Maybe it works on some ghost/spectral pets and not others...or they already fixed that bug.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 12, 2015 8:47:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it?

By actually knowing how the word is used with regards to computer graphics?

As I already said, if there were no transparency whatsoever, the ice hedgehog and the ghost hedgehog would look the same, or so close as makes no difference. Tweaking the transparency/opacity (depending on your software) greys up the colors, especially dark pixels like the pet's outline.

in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

I saw the rat. I searched the palace for ages and didn't see any ghost pets (thanks so much).

The rat looked normal, though as I said in the first place, I think they turned down the transparency at some point. (They did the same to ghost people, as I recall.) The rat is still transparent, but on some backgrounds, it's not obvious unless you take a screenshot and zoom in. I can see the edge of the distillery's still cutting right across the rat's nose.

Actually, once it walks onto the widow queen rug, you don't even need to zoom in to see through it.

The rat did make noise, though as I already said, all the pets would need to be tested by several people, and even then, the wiki should still have a note that they weren't always this way. And we could try again to make sure it's not just a bug. If turning off event effects does turn the ghost pet noises back on, it's possible whoever read your bug report just assumed you had effects turned off.

Wait, I just tried turning off event effects, and it had no effect on the rat whatsoever. I even logged off and opened a new client. Weird. Maybe it works on some ghost/spectral pets and not others...or they already fixed that bug.

1-if you had looked sooner (or later) you would have seen them. last night I could not see them either & had to pick up both pets, log off & let them roam again. don't thank me, thank OOO, or maybe you need to reinstall your client too.
2-I never claimed special effects have any effect on ghost pet noises and why should it? I simply stated that as I had them turned on, it was not a factor.
3-I did have about a dozen people check behavior all 3 ghost pets (that existed then) months ago and have another dozen today who can confirm hedgehogs do make noises as well
4-if the wiki "should" have a note, who is going to provide it? the same person who noted that the hair color of Disguise kits as they appear on my inventory are not the same as on this page? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Disguise_ kit or this ? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Hair . and do you have proof that ghost pets were ever silent? or do you just believe it because you read it in YPPedia so it must be true?

[Jul 13, 2015 3:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

1-if you had looked sooner (or later) you would have seen them. last night I could not see them either & had to pick up both pets, log off & let them roam again. don't thank me, thank OOO, or maybe you need to reinstall your client too.

My client isn't misbehaving, so I think I'll pass, thanks.

2-I never claimed special effects have any effect on ghost pet noises and why should it? I simply stated that as I had them turned on, it was not a factor.

You are not the center of the universe, hon. I was trying to be thorough, whether you approve of it or not. If turning off event effects used to turn off ghost pet transparency, why would it be any weirder for it to disable the silence, too?

3-I did have about a dozen people check behavior all 3 ghost pets (that existed then) months ago and have another dozen today who can confirm hedgehogs do make noises as well

Which. You. Did. Not. Say. Anything. About. Until. Just. Now.

4-if the wiki "should" have a note, who is going to provide it? the same person who noted that the hair color of Disguise kits as they appear on my inventory are not the same as on this page? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Disguise_ kit or this ? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Hair .

So the wiki isn't perfect so we shouldn't even bother having any standards whatsoever, so we should let, for instance, you put anything on the wiki you want even if we know it isn't true just so you can pretend you're not wrong?

and do you have proof that ghost pets were ever silent?

You can't even hear yourself, can you? (And yes, I'm fairly certain they were silent. There's probably a forum thread about it somewhere, too.)

or do you just believe it because you read it in YPPedia so it must be true?

Well, obviously not, or we wouldn't have had to revert your edits, would we?

Are we done yet?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 13, 2015 4:42:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I have all the images for both the ice pets and the plum fams/pets ready to upload...as soon as the wiki stops being a pain in the booty and lets us upload files again. Thanks, everyone who helped. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 19, 2015 3:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Thing that is currently driving me nuts: there's a black/grey in the small dog palette. Does anyone know where it came from?

Linky
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 22, 2015 12:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

in case you still want more festive yetis. regular yeti and screenshot included for better comparison.

[Jul 23, 2015 3:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Ooo, thanks <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 23, 2015 4:20:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

another point I would like clarified:
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Fox_box
states "Fox pets won from the Fox Box will have persimmon as their primary fur color."
however the original information from The Spyglass & which appeared in the news section of the Notice Board in game says Red foxes and White Foxes. I have added the persimmon and maroon patchy foxes to show there is very little difference in these colors but when compared side by side, the original does not look persimmon to me. I am also wondering how red and white became persimmon only.

[Jul 23, 2015 6:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

The blog pictures often have wonky colors. The fox in the picture posted is not really maroon. And that fox box poem is bizarre, but I don't imagine writing a poem involving the word 'persimmon' is easy...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 23, 2015 9:47:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Double-post, yay!

I've been pointedly ignoring unicorn collar colors for the sake of my sanity (most of the unicorn-relevant official docs didn't include collar color), but it turns out we already have a mostly complete collar palette, so we might as well work on finishing it.

I've added the needed collar colors to the list:

The (Updated) List

(It's only the collars we need, so the unicorn's other colors are irrelevant.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 24, 2015 1:39:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

THE LIST

This is the current list. (Reposting because I can't edit the other one anymore.)

These are all inventory images. (The turtles and the festive yeti will be mostly photoshopped, so we just need one of each primary/secondary/tertiary color.)

Festive yeti (Need silver fur, a green hat, and several skin colors.)

Sea turtles in "natural" colors (The template page is the easiest way to see which we're missing.)
  • Shells: green, light green, brown
  • Skin: light grey

Sasquatch with a tan face? (It might not exist. The blog pictures aren't all that accurate sometimes.)

Patchy fox inventory images:
    -persimmon (navy)
    -chestnut (green)

Pony inventory images:
    white coat, black mane, and banana tack (the last booch box pony I need)

Unicorn inventory images:
    Collar colors:
    --pink
    --persimmon
    --ice
    --chocolate
    The LE colors should be available on booch box unicorns (white/shadow).

Booch boxes:
    chameleons, octopuses, parrots
    I'm not too concerned about these, but if you happen to run across any...
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 9 times, last edit by budclare2 at Aug 26, 2015 11:39:52 PM]
  • [Jul 26, 2015 8:44:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Halfbrain5

I asked for confirmation and got these answers from Clotho
    1-in spite of the weird poem, white foxes were never awarded
    2-"There is nothing in the code that would prevent ghost pets from talking."
    3-in spite of what we partly agreed on "There have been no changes to transparency in ghost pets."

may I edit ghost pets again to eliminate the line that says they are silent?

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Aug 3, 2015 8:49:04 PM]
    [Aug 3, 2015 8:37:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 288   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates