• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 288
Posts: 288   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 78227 times and has 287 replies Next Thread
Bellahdonna

Re: Familiar/Pet Colors Needed Reply to this Post

Do we have an update on foxes yet? New colors (I think so far it's just persimmon and chocolate), and the bandana/earring combo?
----------------------------------------

Twilah on Meridian
[Nov 25, 2014 12:03:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

I updated the Seal color palette image to include LE Light blue, and the Penquin color palette images to include all of the LE Blues on the day they were available.

None of the All Mighty Coding Gods (^_^) have updated the behind the scenes code for the updates to translate correctly into the My Pets template yet though... Can someone show me how to do that in the future so I can just do the updates as I upload the updated palette images?

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 8, 2014 10:38:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

For each of the mypet templates, there are a set of subtemplates that tell the template where on the image grid to start at when "cropping" the image for the little boxes.

For the seal template, the issue was that there was no subtemplate for the "light blue" color. I created it here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Seal/light_blue

The number is the pixel point where I want the picture of the light blue seal to start horizontally (left to right). Since the seal only comes in primary colors, the main seal template itself has the vertical distance included.

For the two-colored pets, there are subtemplates for both the primary and secondary colors.

If you are having to create a template from scratch (for a new pet, for example), you will also have to create the subtemplates. Those that come in standard color ranges, we try to keep the standard images as well so that we can reuse coding where possible. (The pony, for example, uses the trinket coding for the tack portion to save having to create another 30ish templates to do the exact same thing).

I haven't done the penguin one yet, so feel free to try it and see if you can figure it out. :)
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Dec 8, 2014 5:00:56 PM]
[Dec 8, 2014 4:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

By jove, I think I've got it! Woot! ^_^

Thanks Fannon!

Twilah on Meridian
[Dec 8, 2014 5:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

To create the subtemplates, what I usually do (since I can never rememeber the spacing) is to open to two immediately previous subtemplates (i.e. in the colour order), calculate the difference between them, then add that difference to the larger one - that's the value of the offset for the next colour.
[Dec 9, 2014 12:01:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Realised the yppedia page - http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rabbit - Is missing the black rabbit.

What better than a black bunny on a white background?!
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raalala at Dec 12, 2014 1:28:13 PM]
[Dec 12, 2014 11:45:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I've updated the main post to reflect what is still needed.

Anybody want to let me play with a chameleon? I'm trustworthy, I swear it. :) (Alteratively, anybody want to hold their chameleon, change their top to every possible primary color and take screenshots of every single one?)

Do we have an update on foxes yet? New colors (I think so far it's just persimmon and chocolate), and the bandana/earring combo?

Thanks Twilah for creating the fox grids. I've created the Fox page itself, so it's no longer an unhelpful redirect, but it needs the grid with the different colors and all that worked into it.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Fox
(See any other pet page for an example of what I mean by grid).
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Feb 23, 2015 8:09:10 PM]
[Feb 23, 2015 5:54:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Maybe we shouldn't bother with every color combination for the chameleons? Tan as the changeable color would make things a lot easier. (Skippy on Meridian is the only person I can think of off-hand who has one. She'll probably let you play with it if you ask nicely.)

Do black and sea green kraklings definitely exist, or are we just assuming the palette matches the trinket palette? (There are some palette hijinx anyway. Most of the furniture comes in any color. The mounted squids and mounted tents seem to be kraken palette...except I've seen white squids, and I don't think I've seen black or sea green of either. Definitely not sea green. Actually, I can't remember inky furniture either. It seems a bit whimsical.)

RE: black seal
I happened to stop by the Olive trading post last night, so I remember there's a seal collection there. I'll get it for you as soon as the other seals stop blocking the shot. ;)

Yeti: I saw two yesterday while piecesofeight was helping me with inventory shots. I'll see if I can bug him again later. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 24, 2015 1:21:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Maybe we shouldn't bother with every color combination for the chameleons? Tan as the changeable color would make things a lot easier. (Skippy on Meridian is the only person I can think of off-hand who has one. She'll probably let you play with it if you ask nicely.)

I found a loaner. So my OCD cannot be stopped!
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Fannon at Feb 24, 2015 4:10:06 PM]
[Feb 24, 2015 2:58:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I found a loaner. So my OCD cannot be stopped!

<3

(Black seal is sorted out. He started behaving better after the reboot.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 24, 2015 3:50:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

In other news, know who owns a chocolate fox and is a crazy person? Me. Yep. Walked into my house, found a chocolate fox. How about that.

Also, answer on the kraklings is "i dunno". We didn't think they were in inky originally either, but people found them. :) They probably aren't in black or sea green, but keeping them on the list at least keeps people from thinking, oh, a sea green krakling, they must already have this! Or something.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Feb 24, 2015 4:11:08 PM]
[Feb 24, 2015 4:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

From a hearty (Alpha):
Plum/Blue Octopus with sleeping hat:

Maroon/Green Fox:

Gemstone and Light green Sea Turtle:

Light blue and Maroon Sea Turtle:

~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Feb 25, 2015 11:32:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Parrots with musketeer hats. D:

EDIT: I spy with my little eye (in meridian bazaar) a wine octo with an orange hat. Will snag it in a bit.

Actually the grid images are unwieldy to update when we're desperately scrambling to catch up. How about we start adding individual images to the fam pages until we're caught up(ish)? There's only one hatted octo in the hatted octo grid, and it's not clear from that how many of the actual images we have. It'd be less confusing, if somewhat untidy, if we just added them individually to the pages for now.

EDIT AGAIN: ice blue parrots with no hats. D:

EDIT YET AGAIN: ice blue/tan parrots. D:

EDIT STILL AGAIN: Okay, I found those last two squirreled away on a grid that's linked at the bottom of the parrot page. I've started working on updating the parrot page.

HOPEFULLY THE LAST EDIT: I removed the ice blue hedgehog link from the pet page because I can't find any other reference to them anywhere. Do they exist and I missed them, or was it just a copy-and-paste-type error like I assumed?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 5 times, last edit by budclare2 at Feb 25, 2015 1:12:27 PM]
[Feb 25, 2015 11:44:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

/e is not editing her last post again

The plum and wine octos are uploaded.

I've gone through all the official mystery box promo documentation and made a list of all the fams that were available. Once I get time to shift through the list, I'll make up a list of fams we're missing. (Just at a glance, we're missing at least two parrots (not counting the hatted one), plus a few serpents.)

I'm...going to stop for the night. I hope.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 25, 2015 3:52:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Jamesh, do you know which color gemstone sea turtle that is? There are 6 different ones. Or is it a black one?

The white hedgehog came from an ice blue box promotion and was originally listed as ice blue on the hedgehog page. I corrected that on the hedgehog page, and just overlooked it on the pet page. :)

In general the familiar grids need some work. I mentioned updating them to match the trinket/pet grids, but someone or other more or less told me not to. I did the parrot one anyway (hence that other little grid that was so much easier to update), but never officially replaced it. I'm totally super in favor of updating all of the familiar images for consistency, and for the sake of easier updating in the future. The current method leaves it very difficult to add in new color configurations. (Hence my sneak parrot grid attack).

As far as the octos with hats, the hats come in every color of the normal color pallet, and are randomly generated with each octo. Didn't know there were parrots with hats, but there are also monkeys with hats that need to be better documented. I was never really sure how to create the grids, but I can always just do whatever I want and get feedback I suppose. I have a handful of these individual images, just didn't have enough to feel like starting. >.>

Some of the familiar images we're missing are only missing from the grids themselves, not the individual image. Just FYI. I'm just really lazy and get tired of searching through things, and need people at this point to make me nice little lists of exactly what I need to do with what images. I have zero problem making grids, it's actually relaxing for my OCD. (And I can do it while watching TV!)

I've done some slow work on updating the pet images to be consistent in terms of font, spacing, etc., but always get distracted by new things. Have a handful of grids left. As far as sea turtles go, I'm not at all sure how to make the grid. Do we just do a standard grid with the normal colors, then do a special one for the rotating colors? Thoughts? Not sure how to make this work with the mypet template, so would need help there as well.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Feb 25, 2015 4:33:25 PM]
[Feb 25, 2015 4:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Honestly, I'm thinking we should do more of a table thingy for the LE fams anyway, similar to the LE pets. Then we only have to have one image from each (though if people upload other hats colors, that's fine), and can just make a note about the hat colors. Adding the LE colors to the regular color grid just creates a lot of dead space anyway (when it's a two-color fam), and is a pain in the butt to update.

I was going to start working on a table for parrots (all the LE color combinations, plus the hatted one) to try it out, but I really don't have time right now.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 25, 2015 5:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Jamesh, do you know which color gemstone sea turtle that is? There are 6 different ones. Or is it a black one?
I don't know for sure. The images came from a hearty of mine (Alpha), and her wiki page says that it's diamond, so that's as good of a guess as I have.

In general the familiar grids need some work. I mentioned updating them to match the trinket/pet grids, but someone or other more or less told me not to.
I am personally in favor of any proposal that is easiest (across the board) for those updating/maintaining the images. However, that person isn't me. I can do wiki code in my sleep (literally, sometimes), and make tables and stuff, but I'm horrible at image editing.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Feb 26, 2015 10:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Holy crap, is stripping down the ice blue octo ever a pain in the butt.

We just need a chocolate hatted octo for a complete set. Don't see any for sale in the bazaars... But I'm not here. I'm not. Because I have stuff to do, so obviously I'm not here. :(

RE: that turtle
Diamond and blue grey, maybe? (How are we supposed to know these things? D:)

EDIT: I forgot the ice blue octo was named. I could have just pulled it from the web version of the owner's info page. D:

/e steals the peach/white spider from the info page to make herself feel better
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Feb 26, 2015 4:39:08 PM]
[Feb 26, 2015 2:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Found the inventory image for the hatted parrot. I named it Parrot-hat-navy-ice_blue.png because I think it can only have two colors. The single color fams have single color hats, for a total of two colors. The parrot's colors match his hat and the pic in the blog post for the ice boxes...and it makes sense they wouldn't bother trying to add more than two colors to a fam. (If I'm wrong and they later decide to fiddle with the hat colors, then we'll just have to rename it.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 27, 2015 8:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Don't know if this helps any with the hat-fam-family hunt
ice octo/aqua hat
orange monkey/wine hat

And during the booch box promo of last august thought I saw a couple of interesting combos:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2648320#2648320
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 2, 2015 6:06:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Fams! Reply to this Post

FAMS we need:
-Chocolate Octopus with Sleeping Hat
-Orange/Wine Parrot
-watch for booched chameleons and parrots (we already have a magenta hatted oct, which is about as interesting as it's likely to get.)

Fam images which I stuck on the bottom of their respective pages until they can be added properly:
Yellow/Spring Green Parrot
Tan/Spring Green Parrot
Banana/Banana Parrot
Tan/Chocolate Parrot
Chocolate Monkey
hatted octos
hatted parrot
hatted monkeys

I think this hat must be chocolate, but I'd like some other people to look at it. (You'll have to save it and zoom way in.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Mar 5, 2015 1:10:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
010liam010

Re: Fams! Reply to this Post

That is indeed a Magenta Octo with Chocolate stripped hat. Source being I used to own it! Hope that helps.
Liamm on Meridian
[Mar 5, 2015 5:35:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Here is my Ice Blue Octo with a Navy hat:

Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Mar 5, 2015 8:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I've updated the parrot grid for all the missing ones, including the orange/wine, and have uploaded separately the individual images that weren't already there.

Regarding the familiars with hats: I think we should rename the individual images for consistency. We have three different sort of things going at the moment. I propose "Monkey with hat", "Parrot with hat" and "Octopus with hat". Thoughts? i can move the images to the correct names, and it would be only a handful of edits currently to reflect the new names.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Mar 5, 2015 9:21:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

That is indeed a Magenta Octo with Chocolate stripped hat. Source being I used to own it! Hope that helps.

Thanks! :)

Regarding the familiars with hats: I think we should rename the individual images for consistency. We have three different sort of things going at the moment. I propose "Monkey with hat", "Parrot with hat" and "Octopus with hat". Thoughts? i can move the images to the correct names, and it would be only a handful of edits currently to reflect the new names.

Yeah, I was going to mention that last night, but I got tired and stopped caring. I'd just go with 'hat'...but now that I think about it, I'm starting to get paranoid they'll add different hats. But they probably won't. And if they do, we could deal with that then.

I do actually like the monkey's name best...but the other hat names are so much longer. Unless we just use "musketeer" and "sleeping"? Though that makes the octopus sound like it's sleeping...

We also need to decide what we're going to do about hat colors, unfortunately. There's only one parrot hat color atm, I believe, and only a few monkey hat colors, but the octos... Probably we should just add a note about hat colors, and otherwise just upload them as needed. Or upload them as we find them, but not try to add them to the octo page any time soon.

/e goes to find caffeine...after stopping to ogle the orange/wine parrot

Huh. I was able to get the new version of the parrot table...but only until I tried to get the large version. Reloading that one isn't replacing the cached version.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Mar 5, 2015 12:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Huh. I was able to get the new version of the parrot table...but only until I tried to get the large version. Reloading that one isn't replacing the cached version.

I usually have to force refresh the cache like every time I get to a new image. Kind of annoying.

I say with go with just hat, and then if they add different kinds we can throw temper tantrums, yes?

On my list is to create a grid for the ones with hats as well. It's below some other things at the moment (including spring trinket grids, and redoing the BK trinket grids).

Jamesh and I have been discussing a way to redo the way familiars display on pirate pages, but we haven't gotten very far in our brainstorming. Ideally, I'd like to move to a grid approach (ala the way we add pets and trinkets), rather than the current approach of having to upload each image separately.

So far I've only uploaded the chameleons that people are specifically trying to link to, rather than uploading every single option I currently have images of, simply because it's not worth my time to do it. If we can move to the grid approach, it'd save a ton of time in the future. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Mar 5, 2015 1:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I usually have to force refresh the cache like every time I get to a new image. Kind of annoying.

I had to force it literally. After hitting refresh six to ten times with no effect, I got fed up and starting mouse-button-smashing over the refresh button. It worries me a little that it worked.

I say with go with just hat, and then if they add different kinds we can throw temper tantrums, yes?

Works for me. :)

Jamesh and I have been discussing a way to redo the way familiars display on pirate pages, but we haven't gotten very far in our brainstorming. Ideally, I'd like to move to a grid approach (ala the way we add pets and trinkets), rather than the current approach of having to upload each image separately.

So far I've only uploaded the chameleons that people are specifically trying to link to, rather than uploading every single option I currently have images of, simply because it's not worth my time to do it. If we can move to the grid approach, it'd save a ton of time in the future. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.

What's the difference between fams and everything else?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Mar 5, 2015 3:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I had the same question at first. Short answer: a lot.

As Fannon described it to me:

Each pet has its own template. The familiar ones all use ONE template which turns whatever you enter on your page into the separate image.
{{My familiars|ocean=Emerald|type=chameleon-night_blue-light_blue|name=Praxis}}
That becomes Image:Chameleon-Night blue-light blue.png, for example.

That's why we have so many separate familiar images. Most of the pet ones are on full grids (like http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Pets-Big_cat_colors.png). Pets like the elephants and ponies all have full grids that allow for newly discovered colors to be added, without having to add a billion individual images and without needing to add templates.

~Jamesh on Emerald

[Mar 5, 2015 3:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Huh I could not figure out how to link to my Ice Blue, navy hatted octo on my pirate page and I guessed it was b/c there was no image yet. You all are awesome for adding so many images and keeping things so organized.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Mar 5, 2015 6:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I had the same question at first. Short answer: a lot.

As Fannon described it to me:

Each pet has its own template. The familiar ones all use ONE template which turns whatever you enter on your page into the separate image.
{{My familiars|ocean=Emerald|type=chameleon-night_blue-light_blue|name=Praxis}}
That becomes Image:Chameleon-Night blue-light blue.png, for example.

That's why we have so many separate familiar images. Most of the pet ones are on full grids (like http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Pets-Big_cat_colors.png). Pets like the elephants and ponies all have full grids that allow for newly discovered colors to be added, without having to add a billion individual images and without needing to add templates.

But is there any difference other than that individual templates haven't been set up for them? ...oh, and converting from the old way to the new way would be a job of work. Gotcha. Also, ouch. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Mar 6, 2015 12:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 288   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates