• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1559 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
WutaiWeb

Ship Corpse Tiles "cut-off" TH point Reply to this Post

I've noticed that alot of times when a navigator will disconnect from hauling a SMH/Flotilla/Blockade ship corpse spot (note, during hauling, not after hauling was complete), that the ship corpses being hauled will sometimes just disappear as if they were completely hauled.

This has happened many times that I don't believe it's coincidence that all the treasure from that haul was coincidentally mined out at that exact moment.

This leads me the believe that there is some lower "cut-off" point where, if only certain amount of poe is left in the ship wreck, it will just disappear and take that remaining poe with it once the ship disconnects.

Can anyone confirm my suspicion? :3 The idea makes sense, since nobody would want to arrive at and then haul a 1 poe ship corpse.

And a smaller question to; is there a typical amount of time that people can predict when to disconnect from a TH spot in this manner, instead of waiting for the corpse to dry up through hauling?
----------------------------------------
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Aug 11, 2014 7:25:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Re: Ship Corpse Tiles "cut-off" TH point Reply to this Post

I think it's actually the reverse, the wreck will stay up until the end of the turn in which it reaches 0, even if there was only 1 poe left at the start of the turn, and you're basically hauling nothing for that turn.

Navs are probably just really good at knowing how many turns of haul a wreck will give, through experience. The number of turns depends on ship/monster type, what ship you are on and how many people are hauling, as well as how long the wreck has been decaying for.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 16, 2014 4:08:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

Oh man. :o

I'll have to ask some experienced navigators how they predict that kind of stuff. @_@
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Aug 16, 2014 9:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

They're predicting it, and as Bob said, knowing the number of turns comes from practice. I used to know the trike/gorg/arch turn times when I navved and MAAd runs, it doesn't really take much effort if you're doing it often.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Aug 19, 2014 8:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates