• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2070 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
laurelweezle

The Price Collection Event Reply to this Post

Hello o.o I don't know where to post this so I guess it'll be an event. I want to try and keep this game alive as long as possible, I think one thing we can all do is compile a list of last known sold prices for items. Currently I'm trying to sell all my stuff for money because I don't care for it anymore, and theres really no way of knowing prices of LE ships thats haven't been sold for 3 years.

If you would like to be added to the project let me know - hopefully the OMs can sticky this to the top of the bazaar for future reference. I'm probably only going to fall through with this if enough people help out. Here are the things I want to include... I may have missed some.

• Chromas
  • Limited Edition Ships
  • Cursed Isle Furniture
  • Atlantis Furniture
  • Sleeping Pets
  • Tan Familiars
  • Colored Familiars
  • Special Familiars
  • Standard Ships
  • Black Box Trinkets
  • High Seas Trinkets
  • Atlantis Trinkets
  • Viking Trinkets
  • Imperial Trinkets
  • Limited Edition Pets (Penguins, Rabbits, Wine Cats)
  • Regular Furniture (Harpischords etc)

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by laurelweezle at Aug 6, 2014 7:35:36 PM]
[Aug 6, 2014 3:28:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Re: The Price Collection Event Reply to this Post

I heartily endorse this product and/or service. :P

(I like this idea.)
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Minsiem at Aug 6, 2014 5:08:12 PM]
[Aug 6, 2014 5:04:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
laurelweezle

I'm only going to start this if I get at least 10 volunteers. If everyone volunteered we'd be done in like 3 days... It would benefit the entire ocean.
[Aug 6, 2014 8:11:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I like this idea, but with forum search broken, it might be a bit of a bear.

How do you propose this works? People PM you prices they sold things for and you update the post? I can try and help, though I never sell anything, ha.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Aug 7, 2014 6:42:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I don't mind helping!
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Aug 7, 2014 9:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

How do you propose this works? People PM you prices they sold things for and you update the post? I can try and help, though I never sell anything, ha.

people who never sell anything are an important factor in getting at an accurate price since they don't overestimate how valuable items are. I will volunteer as well. As both a buyer and a seller I know the goal is to get the best deal possible.

I want to mention that selling regular furniture depends entirely on how badly the seller wants to clear out their inventory. I watch for items I would like to have, just go to a furnisher to get the selling price there & then decide if it is a good enough deal for how badly I want it. also, some people do lots of buying & reselling to try to make a profit and other just want to pass the item on to someone who will use it. anyone who uses the bazaar frequently can remember bargains that they missed by a few minutes (sealed deeds to banana sloops at 25k for example)

other items you could add to your list would be items that can only be won from tournaments (ancient artifacts come to mind) and mystery, gold and black box clothing and furniture. also unopened mystery boxes.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Aug 7, 2014 10:17:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
laurelweezle

The forum search being broken is the exact reason why I think a thread like this should be made.

My suggestion is that people start PMing me prices of items sold and their prices that they find. Since some people spend more depending on how bad they want an item, we can take an average of for example the last 3-5 of those items sold to make it more realistic. What I'll probably do is create a google document and make it open access so anyone can post the price next to a product. That being said I'll leave a space open for links as well to prove the pride of the item.
[Aug 7, 2014 11:03:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

If you go to "dread on the water" on namath you will find many of the prices of older LE ships :) Prices fluctuate and have tended to get lower over the past couple years so this may be hard to manage since you can basically sell for what people are willing to pay. 2 years ago a tan monkey sold for 400k, i just bough one a few days for 160k...just to give an example
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Aug 7, 2014 12:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
laurelweezle

If you go to "dread on the water" on namath you will find many of the prices of older LE ships :) Prices fluctuate and have tended to get lower over the past couple years so this may be hard to manage since you can basically sell for what people are willing to pay. 2 years ago a tan monkey sold for 400k, i just bough one a few days for 160k...just to give an example

Moneys should work different as LEs get rarer Monkeys get more common.
[Aug 7, 2014 2:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Well just today I sold an LE Jungle for 24k...LESS than what Dread in the water was asking and LESS than what I paid.

I also sold a Fox for 500k at the start, and then a few weeks ago 220k.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Aug 7, 2014 2:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Well just today I sold an LE Jungle for 24k...LESS than what Dread in the water was asking and LESS than what I paid.

I also sold a Fox for 500k at the start, and then a few weeks ago 220k.

unfortunately the market isn't set, it comes down to what people are willing to part with and what the buyer is willing to spend...and how desperate people are for poe! It's a fickle market... :(
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Aug 7, 2014 3:10:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fleurs

Would also love to help!
Flower power<3

[Aug 7, 2014 3:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
laurelweezle

Once a decent amount of people are interested in helping I will post a google document that has all the categories listed. Add an item under the category with the last few known sold prices the more the merrier with links provided. It'll make more sense once I make the spreadsheet.
[Aug 8, 2014 12:44:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates