Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1169 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Sayegh

Banned Account _ My story Reply to this Post

So i used to play puzzle pirates since before 2010 and then my account got banned for some silly mistake i did.. after awhile i made a new account ( under a new pc ) and played that account for alot until year 2012 when it got banned for evasion... Now i know i did a mistake for getting banned at first and second in evading my ban but its been so many years now and id really like to play again . So i sent a message to the support and their answer was that it wasnt an easy decision but my account wont be back .. i mean seriously a ban for more than 4 years.. cmon puzzle pirates these bans are so ridiculous specially when the reason for the ban wasnt a big thing and now i really wanna play with my old friends and crew and i dont even have a chance. Puzzle pirates are losing many many players in such bans and even though people learn and regret they dont even get a second chance in the game... I hope my story will be heard and im asking for some help if possible ... ready for all the criticism and replies :)
Thanks for reading
[Aug 2, 2014 1:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ambrygold

Re: Banned Account _ My story Reply to this Post

One thing that I think should perhaps be taken into account, is that many of the players start playing when they are rather young. So lets say someone got banned when they were 15, and now four years later they want to play again. I think most people would agree that there is a large difference between the maturity level of a 15 year old, and a 19 year old. I am not saying banned players should be allowed back (for me the nature of their violation is important) I just thought the poster had a point depending on the individuals circumstances.
----------------------------------------
Ambrygold of Cerulean Ocean

Pirates, when perfected, are the best of animals, but when separated from law and justice, they are even more awesome!
[Aug 2, 2014 1:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sayegh

One thing that I think should perhaps be taken into account, is that many of the players start playing when they are rather young. So lets say someone got banned when they were 15, and now four years later they want to play again. I think most people would agree that there is a large difference between the maturity level of a 15 year old, and a 19 year old. I am not saying banned players should be allowed back (for me the nature of their violation is important) I just thought the poster had a point depending on the individuals circumstances.

Thats totally right....
[Aug 2, 2014 2:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Waywardmatt

I think this brings up a valid point, but as is stated, the nature of the ban (aka the reason the pirate was banned) should most certainly play a factor, but I would like to see some form of ban-retraction for players after a year, two years, etc. In my experience (both as a banned player and a friend to banned players) after a few months, even a year, players who've been banned don't desire to revisit their banishment, but rather, miss the game and the friends they've made in the game. I dont forsee this being implemented, but it's nice that someone has brought it up.
----------------------------------------
Waywardmatt on all the oceans
waywardmateo on jade

[21:15:03] Clotho says, "you broke the island!"
[21:15:09] Waywardmatt says, "seems that way, eh?"
[21:15:13] Clotho giggles
[Aug 4, 2014 6:56:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]