• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 989 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Toxictyrant

All Colors for Everything

I have found that there are only 8 out of 27 colors of enamel for blacksmiths to make swords while furnishers have all 27 colors. Also the shipyards only have 16 out of 27 colors of paint to make bludgeons while you can paint your home and boats all 27 colors. There are 27 colors for tailors to make clothing. I don't believe that it would be very difficult to add these few colors to swords and bludgeons. I hope that other people feel the same about the lack of colors.

I know that someone will end up saying something about then they will have a harder time telling what weapon belongs to who in a fight. I think this isn't really an issues because if you have good pirates you will team well anyways and won't have to worry about this issue.
[Jul 30, 2014 7:28:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Re: All Colors for Everything

This would be because, furniture colors don't affect anything but how pretty your surroundings are, same as for cloth colors and the likes, swords however;

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Swordfighting_drop_pattern
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Sword#Sword_colors

'This pattern is determined by the type of sword and the sword colors'

I personally think it has nothing to do with how well you can tell who has which sword, they're just really not needed. There are more important things that can be added/changed in the game than this.

(I was about to say, Rumble probably has more because it's newer, that was until I saw how old it really is now, where on earth does time go.)
----------------------------------------
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Jul 30, 2014 9:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: All Colors for Everything

Please read the announcement thread for the rules of the Game Design forum.

There are many resources which may be helpful in finding existing discussions to continue:
  • The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
  • The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
  • The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
  • Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
  • Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
    Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.

Using more (all) enamel colors for swords has been proposed and correspondingly paint for bludgeons.
----------------------------------------
[Jul 30, 2014 7:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates