• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3580 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
A_Nancy

[Viridian] A call for villains

To start, apologies if this belongs in the Crews seeking Pirates thread. As I'm looking for actors and roleplayers as much as I am pirates, it seemed appropriate. Lock this and I'll repost there if I'm wrong.

The recent departure of RobertDonald from the Midnight Ocean has had me thinking on the nature of villainy. And I've come to the conclusion that Viridian needs some mythic villains. Someone to be whispered about and to strike terror into sailors plying the trading lanes between the islands. Scupperer is too big to be seen as a threat to the average pirate.

I have a small group of hearties who are willing to join me. We are forming a crew of alts named for deities; not for ranking purposes (I have no wish to exploit the PvP system) but for identity as this is a multi-crew and flag concept. No member knows the true identity of another. I would like us to be seen as an anti-pantheon, opposite to the OMs and their Greek god-themed crew.
This is a venture for fun, not profit (though profit is always nice). We are not out to grief anyone or to play favorites. We want to create a fabled villain on the seas, one who strikes fast and disappears even faster. Role playing these villains is of course a necessary step.

I don't want this to become an all consuming project for anyone, but a way for anyone interested in playing "the bad guy" to have that chance, even if just once a week.

Discuss, and PM if you have an interest in joining.

Anansi

P.S. For reference, http://www.pantheon.org has an excellent selection of names to use for alts. A crew of underworld figures and trickster gods can be fun.
[Jun 14, 2005 10:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

Re: [Viridian] A call for villains

Props for the anti-OM pantheon concept. Neat idea...

I'm curious as to what you actually plan to do though. Blockades? PvP?
----------------------------------------
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 14, 2005 11:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
A_Nancy

PvP mostly, but only as part of the story. My first recruit, Kalikamata, and I had a nice scene yesterday when we bumped into each other on a navy ship. The greenies aboard were definitely interested in what was going on.
[Jun 15, 2005 12:01:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

A_Nancy wrote: 
Scupperer is too big to be seen as a threat to the average pirate.

Hey, I've been working out! And I was never that big...

I shall be a threat again one day!

I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Jun 15, 2005 2:08:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Odm

Whatever happened to Hades and his Nefarious Schemes(tm)?

Cool idea, though. I'm tempted to join up...
Whirligig, Not-so-active-officer of the Scuppering Seven Seas, Viridian
Drusilla wrote: 
Dionysus:Shore Leave :: Scupperer:Cnossos

[Jun 15, 2005 2:11:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
A_Nancy

Feel free. I'm also open to Midnighters who just want to come to Viridian and be the bad guy for a bit.

No offense Scup. You really pioneered the modern form of villainy, but you're Like Lex Luthor - so expansive with your reach that the little guy doesn't feel it. Flags fear you, Randombeard the pirate doesn't. If you were to pull a Fandango and embargo every flag on Viridian so only SSS old port at Olive, then you'd have some impact on the little guy.
[Jun 15, 2005 2:46:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akumu

You got the wrong island there. Scupperer is at Prolix. I was at Olive until I gave up the ghost. Now I'm lurking in the shadows before trying something new and interesting, maybe.

The average pirate on Viridian only cares for her pocket book... if you want big schemes collude with some people to raise prices for stuff like rum and shot and then do it for some Evil Purpose. ;)
[Jun 15, 2005 4:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    muteakumu [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

aye ye be right there akumu, now if we had a bunch of villaian conspire to raise the prices on cbs and rum, then ye truly would see an outcry from the ocean which would make RD'S exile topic seem small
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jun 15, 2005 4:04:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
A_Nancy

Apologies Akumu, didn't mean to switch your islands there. Of course, I'm not looking for big schemes or to collude to make us rich. I'm looking to provide some story, and hopefully have the bona fides (i.e. crew pvp and personal pirate stats) to make it seem a credible story.

Fronsac provides a nice outline for a classic villain in this post and Christoban throws around the overarching "plot" idea here.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I've said it a million times, Viridian needs Barnaby and Hades type plots to get it kick started.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 16, 2005 3:10:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

not really, all it needs is midnight to back off
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
[Jun 16, 2005 3:16:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Lord_Mogor wrote: 

Barnaby and Hades did the brunt of their activity on Azure. They encouraged people to do more than sit around and do trades and challenges.
Rome
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Jun 16, 2005 3:21:08 AM]
[Jun 16, 2005 3:21:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Lord_Mogor wrote: 

Funny, I've not heard of any Midnighters actively interfering in Viridian as an outside influence. The Midnighters that moved to viridian actually play in that ocean actively.

[nasty]Perhaps, Viridian needs an influx of creativity [/nasty]
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Jun 16, 2005 3:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

no more creativity plz at least not till the greenies stop pouring in like the bilge in a maxed ship :P
[Jun 16, 2005 3:29:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Sometimes, it's up to the players to start something ;) The OP's idea is fantastic in my opinion.
[Jun 16, 2005 3:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Rick9109 wrote: 
Viridian needs Barnaby and Hades type plots to get it kick started.

Barnaby had plots? Let's see, there was drinking rum...
[Jun 16, 2005 5:01:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Nemo wrote: 
Rick9109 wrote: 

Well I guess him and his family being a kidnap victim is giving him a bit too much credit for "plots"
Rome
[Jun 16, 2005 5:15:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
wizzo

Nemo wrote: 
Rick9109 wrote: 

And having every injury so the rest of us could be jealous we were whole!

Fordprefect says, "I don't know what's wrong with you cap...but im sure it's hard to pronounce."

[Jun 16, 2005 8:13:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jalexan5

I'd love to help run some storylines/events on viridian but i have very little poe and doubloons to run them with :( but if any one needs a hand let me know :)
JamesofUR- Cookie Pirates
Former Governor-Winter Solstice

Jamesofur says "its james of UR not james o fur!"
Petry strokes James's fur

[Jun 16, 2005 2:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jralex17 [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

DubRub wrote: 
Lord_Mogor wrote: 

Funny, I've not heard of any Midnighters actively interfering in Viridian as an outside influence. The Midnighters that moved to viridian actually play in that ocean actively.

[nasty]Perhaps, Viridian needs an influx of creativity [/nasty]

Hear hear!.

The only Midnighters who are "interfering" with Viridian are those of us who darn well play HARD on Viridian. Case in point. Me. I Play hard on Viridian, and blockade for fun on Midnight.

And In opposition to the Crew of Villians - Bring on the hero's! (Personally I love the idea of the Villian crew and if I wasn't so darn busy with everything i do I'd join it.)

/me gives Dub a cookie
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 16, 2005 3:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

I want a big cookie!

[Jun 17, 2005 1:53:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Lord_Mogor wrote: 

Are you referring to the forum's general opinion of Viridian?
In som ways, it can't be helped. Minus all of the LOTF server references and the like, you have to realise that when about two thirds* of pirate's main home on this forum is Midnight.

It's much like a sport: Every fan loves the game, except they will always be biased for their own team.

Don't take too much of it to heart. :P

*Need proof?
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=19295
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jun 19, 2005 8:38:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

Shore leave!=Game Design or Parley?

If Viridian=LOTF server

then

Shore Leave=LOTF forum section...

Sig

-Notes that Viridian is not Lord of the Flies...
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Jun 19, 2005 11:33:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Siggy wrote: 

Um, Shore leave=Shore leave?
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

DaneT wrote: 
Siggy wrote: 

Um, Shore leave=Shore leave?

Well, your "proof" is from shore leave. Not really the best place to get your data.
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Jun 19, 2005 5:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
A_Nancy

I'm proud to announce that Kalikamata, Hindu mother goddess and symbol of destruction and dissolution, has been promoted to officer in "Ancient Scoundrels." If Anansi is unavailable to add you to our crew, Kali is generally around when I'm not.

Also, keep an eye out for the "Fallen Angelfish" PvPing it's way between Prolix and Lima.
[Jun 20, 2005 6:33:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates