• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3535 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
EmperorKuzc0

Foot Brawl 2014 Team Competition Reply to this Post

I remember the days of Ocean wide competitions. They were a fun way to team up with other pirates not in my crew and duke it out against other pirates. The last competition was the Summer Olympics in 2012, approaching 2 years ago. I recommend that there be another ocean-wide competition for the upcoming FIFA World Cup.

There was a similar competition for the World Cup in 2006. See this link: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Foot_Brawl_2006. Thus, it could potentially take a little amount of work to adapt it to 2014. The rules could be the same, and competitions and tournaments could be held to celebrate the World Cup.

Really, I would like to see another ocean-wide competition, so I can compete on a grand-scale again.
[May 29, 2014 11:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: Foot Brawl 2014 Team Competition Reply to this Post

I like the idea of an ocean-wide competition, but not for SF/Rumble only. I'd rather it encourage pillaging. Say, X points for a fray in a pillage, and Y bonus points if you win, and X and Y could be scaled based on computer difficulty... something like that.
----------------------------------------
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[May 30, 2014 11:59:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I'd like it to be targeted towards SMHers... every ocean says they have the best navvers, jobbers, etc. Prove it.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[May 30, 2014 12:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Better pillage based, I would prefer the gathering of trinkets, or parts style we have had before, hexagons and pentagons to fabricate footballs perhaps. One given out each pirate after battle. They could then be used for a 'team' tally at the end, and give some trophies for collecting them, or furniture items like we had with the yeti doll, toy cannon etc.

However unless they have something set up already I suspect it is too late to start making it now. Doesn't it start any day now?
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Jun 12, 2014 8:49:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates