• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11911 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
CapnKkatz

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - It came from the Hold Edition! [Deadline: June 15, 2014] Reply to this Post

One thing, if I might nitpick, is the sign. I googled "no swimming" and I think I see the one you referenced, but the rest have the red covering the black parts it touches. Just a personal thing, but I like this way of representing "don't do the thing behind the red circle" better than "don't do the thing kindof but not really behind the red circle".

Thanks for noticing this Cattrin. To tell the truth, I really hadn't noticed it - just tried to make my sign look similar, but you are right, most have the "not" sign over the action. Hope this looks better. :)

----------------------------------------
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Jun 5, 2014 2:55:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - It came from the Hold Edition! [Deadline: June 15, 2014] Reply to this Post

All right, I've got one... everyone else was doing spooky, so I decided to represent something stored in the hold that I absolutely love: Tropical fruits. :) The coins represent the poe you can make from selling it! Every fruit on the game is represented here. I did add green tips to the rambutan because that is their color when they are fresh picked. Also, I colored the mango according to my favorite variety. ^_^ As always, comments/suggestions welcome.

Twilah on Meridian
[Jun 5, 2014 3:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

All right, I've got one... everyone else was doing spooky, so I decided to represent something stored in the hold that I absolutely love: Tropical fruits. :) The coins represent the poe you can make from selling it! Every fruit on the game is represented here. I did add green tips to the rambutan because that is their color when they are fresh picked. Also, I colored the mango according to my favorite variety. ^_^ As always, comments/suggestions welcome.

Wow! Super cool and a brilliant idea I think, nice Twilah!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Jun 6, 2014 12:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Thank you Joondashbug. :) - I very much like your treasure room! Very nicely done!

Twilah on Meridian
[Jun 6, 2014 4:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verziga

Nice work everyone...especially Twilah. That's beautiful
Verziga of Emerald
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the crew 'Deadliest Catch'
Lord of the flag 'League of Light'
Too busy to play...too busy to draw. Stupid job :(
[Jun 6, 2014 9:37:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Nice work everyone...especially Twilah. That's beautiful

I agree, it's beautiful!

Thanks for the nice comment, Twilah.

Edit: Small edit, but I updated my entry with a darker ceiling towards the back to show more depth (hopefully).
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Jun 8, 2014 1:02:44 AM]
[Jun 6, 2014 8:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Thank you very much Verziga and Joondashbug. ^_^

Twilah on Meridian
[Jun 8, 2014 4:57:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Only seven entries this time around? :c
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jun 14, 2014 1:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Only seven entries this time around? :c

We got 6 amazing ones though. :D
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Jun 14, 2014 7:13:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GoreJackFan

Been to busy playing with the kraken on ice and gardening
Gorev - Emerald
[Jun 14, 2014 11:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MechanicGurl04 [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Been to busy playing with the kraken on ice and gardening

Online: Perilously battling a humongous octopus.
Offline: Planting petunias.

Haha sorry, just had to post that.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Jun 15, 2014 7:40:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Radway

I have been working on this Background the few past days, but i haven't been able to finish it due to some issue.
But i'd like to hear your opinion about it, tho it's not done yet.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Radway at Jun 15, 2014 12:12:22 PM]
[Jun 15, 2014 12:06:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Hey Radway! That is a really cool idea, I really like the detail on the cracked/broken wooden frame of the ship. I can't wait to see how it will turn out!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Jun 15, 2014 11:29:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - It came from the Hold Edition! [Announcing the winners!] Reply to this Post

Announcing the winners!

Cattrin's Exotic Creature Transport

Cattrin's Lurking Kraken

Cattrin's Precious Cargo

Greylady's Rats in the Hold

Joondashbug's Room of Secret Treasures

Twilah's Fruits of Forage

The winners please send a petition with the title "FAO: Clotho" with the following information:
* confirmation of pirate name and ocean to receive the prizes
* choice of in-game clothing or furniture item (anything in any color purchasable from a shoppe that doesn't require a Design or Reputation)
* real name and full mailing address for real-life prizes
* or a second in-game clothing item if you don't wish to have the real-life prize
* choice of Greenbones egg or doll, Fishheadred egg or doll or Bluebeard egg or doll!

It's very likely that this edition will run again sometime in the future, so those who didn't win this time or those with unfinished work make sure to save the piece so you can submit then. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for participating!
[Jun 23, 2014 7:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - It came from the Hold Edition! [Announcing the winners!] Reply to this Post

Aahhhgg! >< My mind went into space for a couple minutes haha, thank you very much! It is sincerely a privilege to be among so many talented artists here, congrats to them all! ^^
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Jun 23, 2014 8:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Aahhhgg! ><

Congrats! I knew you could do it. ;)

Thank you very much to the arrtists for choosing my three; I'm very excited to see this group in-game!
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jun 24, 2014 6:00:41 AM]
[Jun 24, 2014 5:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lala_baby

Congratulations everyone :), really great backgrounds.
@Joondashbug - See Joon? Didn't I tell you? ;)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination." - Henry David Thoreau

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frayscarlet of Emerald

[Jun 24, 2014 7:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Congrats! I knew you could do it. ;)

Thank you very much to the arrtists for choosing my three; I'm very excited to see this group in-game!

All thanks to the feedbacks from you and Greylady! I'm stoked to see all of yours selected, can't wait to see them in game! :D

Congratulations everyone :), really great backgrounds.
@Joondashbug - See Joon? Didn't I tell you? ;)

Nuuu Fray XD erm.. I was just.. lucky this time.. yeah, lucky. :D

EDIT: Oh no, I kinda wandered over and clicked on 'Close Petition' >< I did receive the items (Thank you Clotho!!), but should I have left it open? I apologize for my rash action. :(
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Jun 24, 2014 10:32:47 AM]
[Jun 24, 2014 8:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

@Joondashbug: either way is fine, I did deliver them a bit before replying to it. Congratulations again!
[Jun 24, 2014 3:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Thanks for selecting my rats and congrats to all of the other winners! Nice group! :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Jun 24, 2014 4:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

@Joondashbug: either way is fine, I did deliver them a bit before replying to it. Congratulations again!

Thanks Clotho!!! :D
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Jun 24, 2014 4:20:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Woohoo! ^_^ Thanks, Clotho! I'll claim my prizes when I get back from vacation. :)

Congrats to all the winners!

Twilah on Meridian
[Jun 24, 2014 5:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verziga

Big congrats to all the winners...all thoroughly deserved.
Verziga of Emerald
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the crew 'Deadliest Catch'
Lord of the flag 'League of Light'
Too busy to play...too busy to draw. Stupid job :(
[Jun 25, 2014 4:49:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This edition is now in game. Let's get krak'n!
[Jul 29, 2014 12:19:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates