• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 882 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
BHorror

Rebooty or no Booty! - Win a Familiar! Reply to this Post

When: Saturday, May 10th. 10 AM PDT (Server time) May be postponed based on complicated factors! Keep up with post for up to date info.

Where: The Great Estate on Admiral Island, Aspects's estate. Invites will be provided by Horror, Afghan, and Luigi 30 minutes before the event, just send a tell to be invited!

The event will also be livestreamed on Afghan's Twitch channel , hosted by Horror! The video will be saved for you to watch in case you miss the first event!

What: Back in my day, we had an awesome event run by the players, and then OMs called Booty or no Booty. I loved that event, and always wanted to host my own...

Introducing Rebooty or no Booty! Hosted by Horror, Afghan and Luigi!

Not affiliated with the original series of Booty or no Booty, but following the same basic gameplay, Rebooty or no Booty is a non-profit, free entry reboot attempt at the awesome game! I suggest everyone look at the previously linked yppedia entry to learn more, but here are the basics for our event, and how it will be different!

The Contestant: Invites to the estate will be offered only 30 minutes before the event, but the doors will stay open for any stragglers that come by. This is our test event, so we will only be hosting one play of the game, but future events may include multiple chances to play! To pick who will play, we will host a local unranked tournament with random seeding. The person who gets listed as the first seed will win, and become our contestant! There will be no prize, so we do urge people to quickly end the game by suiciding if you wish to participate (This is why it will be unrated!)

The Audience: Yes, the audience plays too! So be sure to stick around. Periodically, the audience will have a chance to buy the contestants seat by sending in random bids in secret. The player will be told the highest bid, and be able to take the poe, and let the other person continue the game in their place, or keep playing on their own!

The Game: There will be 26 numbered boxes. Once the contestant is ready to play, they will pick one box to be their prize, but they will not be allowed to see what is inside it. One by one, the contestant will be instructed to pick other boxes still in play. The Host will hand over the box for them to open. Inside is a ribbon explaining the prize that was in the box, which they do not win! Little by little, they pick away the boxes until only two remain. The box they picked, and the box they did not pick. They will have a chance to swap their boxes at this point if they are so brave, and the final box is what they win!

The Bids: Every time the contestant removes 5 prizes from play, the game will shift into a bidding round. The audience will have a chance to offer any amount of PoE in secret by sending Luigi a /tell with the amount they are willing to pay. Once bidding is finished, the Host will announce the highest bid amount anonymously, and the contestant will have to pick Booty, take the money and leave for the bidder to play instead, or No Booty, and continue playing while not taking the money!

If the contestant accepts the money, they must first send the bid to Horror so he can confirm the bid has been paid, and send it over to the contestant. This will all be on the livestream, so people will know if you lied and didn't send your bid! In the event that a bid is mentioned, but not paid, the second highest bid will be used instead, and the bidder whom did not pay will be kicked out of the estate, and not allowed to play in any future events we host.

Surprise Prizes!: At the end of the event, to celebrate our first test attempt at this event, we will be doing something special to give away some mystery prizes as well, and I will say that a familiar is among them :)

Prizes!

• Tan Bandana
  • Fish
  • Broken Barrel
  • 1,000 PoE
  • Indigo Chroma Set - 4 Chromas
  • Hemp Stack
  • 10,000 PoE
  • Cat or Dog - Will be purchased from the palace shop for you, you pick the colors.
  • Game Table - You pick any basic game table you want
  • Badge - You pick any badge you want
  • 50,000 PoE
  • Sloop
  • Weapon - You pick any weapon you want, Bludgeon, Sword, Mug
  • 100,000 PoE
  • Wine Chroma Set - 4 Chromas
  • War Brig
  • Patron's Card Table
  • 200,000 PoE
  • War Frig
  • Skelly WarBrig
  • Full Outfit - You pick any outfit of standard, shoppe provided colors (no colors only obtainable by chroma) and we will order it from our tailor shop for you.
  • 500,000 PoE
  • Tan Familiar - Monkey, Octo, or Tan/Tan Parrot
  • Seaturtle - Maroon / Blue
  • 1,000,000 PoE
  • Familiar - Colored Monkey, Octo, or Parrot. You pick the color, and the familiar will be recolored to that color for you. You also must pick a name.

Rules:

• Please be kind to others while you are in the estate, or the event livestream chatroom
  • Please do not spam in the estate while the event is going on, chat should be at a minimum just so people can follow what is happening!
  • Pleased do not attempt to advertise items you are selling while the event is running
  • Please avoid sending tells to the Host while the game is playing, as he will be busy running a livestream!
  • Please do not enter the playing area unless you are invited to play as a contestant

We reserve the right to boot anyone out of the estate if we feel they are being negative in someway, including the contestant! If the contestant does leave in any fashion, we will simply hold a normal bid to see who will buy a seat as a contestant to continue playing.

I hope you all enjoy! Let me know your thoughts, and please spread the word as much as you can, I would really appreciate it! If the event is a success, we will look into hosting it more often. We aren't sure if we can host it weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, but monthly does sound like the easier option, but only if lots of people show interest!

I will also be needing people to help moderate the twitch chatroom. If you would like to help, please contact me in game, or on the forums to let me know of your interest! Obviously I can only accept people that have some way of proving their trust, either by being someone I know, or others affiliated with the event know.

Edit 1: We were short one gold chroma, so we are changing the gold chroma set to a wine chroma set, which is actually worth more PoE anyway!
----------------------------------------
Horror from Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by BHorror at May 9, 2014 8:34:04 PM]
[May 6, 2014 11:45:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

Re: Rebooty or no Booty! - Win a Familiar! Reply to this Post

IT'S BACK. IT'S FINALLY BACK. Yay yay yay!!!
Factors on Emerald & Meridian
Captain of Never Die Alone
Prince of West-East Campaign

[May 10, 2014 12:36:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

IT'S BACK. IT'S FINALLY BACK. Yay yay yay!!!

It is also very soon! Like, 2 hours!
Horror from Emerald
[May 10, 2014 8:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv [Link]  Go to top 
Limerence123

Ahoy there!

I would like to say your 'Game Show' I would personally say was entertaining once it got to the end with Fillalt. I liked how he didn't give us 'suspense' as you called it and didn't give me a Zzz across my head. I think you and Afghan did a good job re-creating the 'game show'. So +1 to that.

The only part I didn't like as much and I think would be good to change would be the amount someone has to choose booty or no booty and how long they are aloud to stay in the hot square/rectangle thingy. With this I don't think it would bore some people as much. Also multiple ways of giveaways, so you know one person dosent win twice.Much appreciation once again for the game though.

+1 For everything would love to see this once again!

Thanks! <3
Let's get drunk on the minnie bar.

Allisgood-Emerald

Yes im a guy. YOLOAMIRIGHT
-
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Limerence123 at May 10, 2014 11:15:06 AM]
[May 10, 2014 11:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

Thanks everyone for coming! If you want to watch the video of the event check here! http://www.twitch.tv/afghan/b/527590755

Wildbeast was our contestant this round! She turned down quite a few bids, starting at 500k, down to 250k as the prizes shrunk, but eventually took a 250699 bid from Fillalt!

Fillalt ignored all bids, even turning down a 260k bid when he had a chance for either a games table, or 500k. Fillalt decided to try his luck, and did not swap to box 25, instead staying with box 11 that Wildbeast picked, which turned out to be a game table!

To celebrate the event, we gave away a serpent the same way we picked the starting contestant, and through ultimate luck, Fillalt actually won!

We also gave away a Tan/Tan parrot in the same way, and Incentive won that one!

I do hope everyone had fun! We may host another depending on feedback.
Horror from Emerald
[May 10, 2014 11:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

I'd love to be able to go another booty or nobooty, and it sounds like you did a good job of rebooting it. :)
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[May 10, 2014 5:39:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
daggers91

I would love to attend if it isn't at 3am in the morning my time! lol. glad it was successful but very sorry i missed it
~Daggers Emerald~
[May 11, 2014 1:28:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Well done. Great event and very entertaining.

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
Puzzleplaye
[May 13, 2014 8:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates