• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23134 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

Xmas in July 2014!!! 24hr nonstop GF pillage event - WIN A FAMILIAR!!

it will be 24 hr NONSTOP pillage on a GRANDFRIG this year...

there will be 4 familiars to win this year!!!!

date is set to start July 11 2014.. at 10am game time ... and end July 12, 2014.. at 10am game time.. so it should not interfere with any blockades

the format will be the SAME as previous years...

Xmas in July 2011
Xmas in July 2012
Xmas in July 2013

we sail nonstop.. get into battles along the way... like a regular pillage.. with 3 main differences....

1) everyone that comes.. will be given a FREE red candycane outfit (red stripeys)

2) every few minutes.. we will be doing fun things to win 1 of 300 wrapped presents ... that could be ships/pets/furniture or other nice items... there is even a TAN OCTOPUS FAMILIAR NAMED PEANUT wrapped up

3) we will be keeping track of duty reports and giving out points based on performance.... with prizes for the overall top 3 scorers in each station type (so the longer u stay the more points u can rack up.. points do NOT have to be consecutive.. yes you may leave and then come back.. so hop on often)

Points will be given as follows:
2 pts. for each Incredible
1 pt. for each Excellent

points for gunning will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at the end of battles
points for all other stations will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at each League Point (NOT the DR before or after battles)

(due to the EXCELLENT techie skills of Hirsty and Tanonev.. SCORING WILL BE AUTOMATED THIS YEAR... that means we will only need a momentary stop at each league point to tally.. without a scoring tool it would be IMPOSSIBLE to do this on such a large ship.. ty ty)

a PRELIMINARY PRIZE LIST is as follows:

Top combined OVERALL score (regardless of station(s)) will Win a parrot:

Top MALE pirate will win a Green /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!
Top FEMALE pirate will win a Red /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!

both top winners will also receive a PORTRAIT for their page titled "Xmas in July Top Male (or Female) 2014" (a framed copy will be placed in our HALL OF FAME onboard the Event ship for posterity)

The pirate that stays the LONGEST will win a Purple /Lavender SERPENT FAMILIAR!! (if there is a TIE for longest, we will use an onboard gaming table to determine the winner, ie., each pirate spinning the roulette wheel once and highest number wins!)

1st place Sails -Red /Green Longship
1st place Rigs -Red /Green Longship
1st place Carp -Red /Green Longship
1st place Patching -Red /Green Longship
1st place Bilge -Red /Green Longship
1st place Guns -Red /Green Longship

2nd place Sails -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Rigs -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Carp -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Patching -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Bilge -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Guns -Red /Green Sloop

3rd place Sails - Plain sloop
3rd place Rigs - Plain sloop
3rd place Carp - Plain sloop
3rd place Patching - Plain sloop
3rd place Bilge - Plain sloop
3rd place Guns - Plain sloop

we also have various other ships that will be won.... (list will be updated periodically.... based on donations and such that we receive)

There will also be "S E C R E T - T R I G G E R " prizes (special ships)

We will also have portrait easels onboard ... take a portrait to commemorate ur participation...

There will even be 3 "Portrait with Santa" prizes wrapped up!!!

MARK UR CALENDARS NOW .. so u dont miss out !!!

-----if you and/or your crew/flag/hearties... have anything to donate as prizes (still in need of more ships to give out for special reasons!!!)... plz contact Pegasiswolf in-game... this is really a group effort... can use all the help we can get .. ty ty :) -------

(i will EDIT and update this same thread with more info often... so feel free to bookmark this page to stay informed)
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event 2011 to 2020

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Edit 2 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 14, 2014 11:58:41 AM]
[Apr 10, 2014 7:33:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pikapokes

Re: Xmas in July 2014!!! 24hr nonstop GF pillage event - WIN A FAMILIAR!!

Great to see the Xmas in July 2014 thread finally up!

Can't wait for it- Thanks Pegasiswolf for another awesome event :)
Hazelight.

Ye told Gaea, "If you see bird flu, you are normal. If you see swine flu, you need to check your mental health."
Gaea tells ye, "HA."
Ye told Gaea, "I'm right ain't I :P"
Gaea tells ye, "<3"
[Apr 10, 2014 10:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Great to see the Xmas in July 2014 thread finally up!

lol...ive been chompin at the bit to put it up.. since ive been working on the event all year.. but i figured... naa.. gotta wait til about 3 months ahead of time...

BTW.. if anyone would like to see the event ship.. its all painted and decorated and has a bunch of the presents already wrapped and ready to go... just send a /tell to Pegasiswolf or any Dream Catchers officer and they can job ya to come check it out :)

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the
[Apr 10, 2014 10:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

the ship is all decorated and most the pressies are all wrapped and ready to go... (still could use more donated items to use as prizes of course)...

if u would like to come and view the ship.. it is named Xmas in July.. ported at Admiral.. on Dream Catchers... just send a /tell to pegasiswolf or any online officer to be jobbed to the crew to view the pretty shippy :)

everyone is welcome to come and look around... (never know.. there may be trivia questions about the items onboard.. and during the event.. u may not have time to roam and check it out)

im SOOOO excited... hurry and get here july 11th!!!

[Apr 29, 2014 11:25:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Tygrrblue

I've seen the ship ... and the pressies !

It is decked out to the nines. Very impressive.

Great effort :)
Tygrr on Midnight/Cerulean and Emerald
Tygrrblue on Meridian

Usually found on Emerald

Barnabas the Pale says, "I occasionally call security if somebody is misbehaving."
[Apr 30, 2014 4:48:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

we will be doing "portraits with santa " on the ship this year...

there will be easels readily available ... for you to commemorate your participation in the event (ship name is Xmas in July) so nice location for a portrait...

we will also be awarding a Portrait of the 2 overall winners as part of their prize.... (top male and top female) with a portrait for their page.. and a copy will be framed to be placed on the ship in our "hall of fame" .. named "top male winner 2014" etc... we plan to use the same ship each year now.. so you will be part of the history of the ship :)

we would also like to wrap up 2-3 'portrait with santa' prizes....

so... that being said... we need donations of DUBS and POE ... (it is 22k + 20 dubs for each of the winner portraits.. and 37k + 40 dubs for each of the 'portrait with santa' prizes).... so we are looking at needing 160 dubs and 155k (if my math is right lol)

if u know of anyone that can afford to help with these prizes... contact pegasiswolf in-game (any lil bit helps!)

-edited cause my math was not right lol

[Edit 2 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at May 12, 2014 10:01:59 PM]
[May 12, 2014 9:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

Friendly update. The PoE and Doubloon goal has not only been reached, but overachieved!

This is going to be an absolutely amazing event!
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers
Prince of Slightly Pixilated

[May 15, 2014 4:06:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Friendly update. The PoE and Doubloon goal has not only been reached, but overachieved!

This is going to be an absolutely amazing event!

yep yep... we will definitely have the portraits for the top male and top female overalll winners to be added to a hall of fame onboard the ship... and have also got WRAPPED portraits for ppl to win.... a 2-person portrait with santa!!!...

thanks so much for the generous donations :)

[May 20, 2014 9:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Xarcht

Kool My full holiday season suit willbe
good. Look in my portraits. Candi-cat is part of it.
Xarcht sais"Be careful of ye wishes fer ye may git what ye deserves...Yarrr!"
[May 26, 2014 6:24:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Xarcht@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Oldwater1

Only about a month remaining! Woo!
Oldwater the Emeraldian
SO of The Chat Boochers
Prince of Slightly Pixilated

[Jun 11, 2014 2:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/oldwater.luminin [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I am soooooo excited.. I could do this tomorrow.... gonna be hard to wait another 3 weeks....

but it will be worth it...

TELL ALL UR FRIENDS!!!! we need to keep a grandfrig from becoming undermanned...

everyone is welcome... come for as little or as long as u can....

[Jun 17, 2014 3:57:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Tixus

booked the day off, going to be buying a cooler and bringing the microwave closer to the pc... Targeting 18 hours.

nvm im an idiot u.u
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tixus at Jun 23, 2014 7:56:49 AM]
[Jun 21, 2014 2:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

booked the day off, going to be buying a cooler and bringing the microwave closer to the pc... Targeting 18 hours.

sounds like me.... ROFL... i live off premade sandwiches or microwave foods (or whatever others will cook for me) that day each year...

oh.. and LOTS of instant coffee.... lol.... the general mills international kind.... cafe vienna and hazelnut this year :)

18 hrs sounds like a doable target.. u never know.. u may even get a second wind and go for the whole 24!!

I will begin jobbing at 9:30 am gametime... if u are seriously planning on trying for the longest person to stay....... let me know.. i will manually job u before the offer goes up... just to make SURE u get a spot from the beginning....

[Jun 21, 2014 5:29:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Tixus

will do :D

Q_Q just realized my flight is on july 11th waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tixus at Jun 23, 2014 7:56:19 AM]
[Jun 22, 2014 6:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

will do :D

Q_Q just realized my flight is on july 11th waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(

It will be going on for an entire 24 hr period... so maybe u can find at least short period to come and join the fun ....

Most sane ppl dont try to stay the entire time.. they pop on for a few battles... make some poe..... play to win some stuff... here and there throughout the day.... and have fun when they can...

so feel free to hop on and off as much or as little as u want during the event.... happy to have everyone come and visit .. even if just for short periods :) (just hopefully we have a steady large number onboard so we can get the big battles and the big booty.. and have enough ppl to keep the ship in proper repair )

[Jun 25, 2014 1:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

5 days... 3hrs .... til jobbing starts!!!!!!

(if u are making a real effort to try to stay the longest... or a real effort for top overall points... reply here or send me a /tell so i can get u on the prejob list... to make sure u have ur spot reserved first)

job offer will go up on the notice board .. friday.. july 11th.. 9:30am gametime... we set sail promptly at 10:00 am gametime

[Jul 6, 2014 6:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Bobbob81

Hey Peg,
I have been spreading the word. :-) I plan on being on as often as I can but don't expect to win anything with my injuries.
I just wanted to point out to you that July 12 is a Super Moon which is a full moon that is larger than normal. Thought as you are thanking your guests for coming at the end of your event you could let them know that there are werewolves to be hunted at that very moment. X-D See you tomorrow
[Jul 10, 2014 4:38:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

ONE HOUR WARNING... grab ur snacks.. grab ur drinks....

jobbing offer goes up at 9:30am gametime!!

BRING ALL UR FRIENDS

(and remember.. if u dont make it at the start.. no worries.. event will be going on for 24hrs nonstop... hop on as often as u can!!)

[Jul 11, 2014 8:29:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Tygrrblue

Just wanted to thank Peg, Meagz, Thepiratee, and all the other elves who helped make this a huge success.

Even with some pirates acting like three year olds (you know who you are), the crew in charge acted with poise, politeness, and professionalism in what would have been a head fark at the best of times.

Well done, Peg and crew ! Was good to see and I hope to donate something for next year's run :)

Tygrr~~~
Tygrr on Midnight/Cerulean and Emerald
Tygrrblue on Meridian

Usually found on Emerald

Barnabas the Pale says, "I occasionally call security if somebody is misbehaving."
[Jul 12, 2014 6:05:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

I was on the run for a few hours.

Nice to see a grand frigate filled. :]

Fun fun.
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Jul 12, 2014 1:14:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
isilv3r

I remember when we set sail and 24 hrs later we ported. I feel like I have met every pirate on the ocean now, it was an awesome experience. It will take me a few days to recover from lack of sleep and nourishment and listening to Peg singing on vent though.

Thank you to Peg for putting all this together and having me has her right arm. Between making hundreds of stripey clothes, sending and receiving a novel of tells and passing out presents to eager pirates, as challenging the tasks were, it was all worth it.

Also a big thank you to the 24hr jobbers that had our backs (you know who you are) and Oldwater for his large contribution to the booty.

Ps. I am no longer accepting /tells asking if you can have a present until July 2015.

http://imgur.com/8Bg844d

http://imgur.com/sXpDTGH
Meaganz on Emerald

"I'm absolutely gonna win it, because I'm ruthless. I sit at the poker table and my job is to destroy people."
[Jul 12, 2014 11:07:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pikapokes

Although 24 hours seemed very long at first, now that the event is over, a day seems to pass too fast.

Much thanks and hugs to pegs and her elves: Meaganz, Thepiratee, Sassperilla and any others I might have missed - it was great to have so many players together (which is a rare scene nowadays besides the inn) on a pilly, chatting and puzzling together. :) Also, the feat of loading up a gf in 20 minutes was amazing as well. Loved how this pilly brought everyone together!

Although I only stayed 19~20 hours and not the whole duration, it was definitely fun and an enjoyable experience for me. (And... I fell asleep at the very last part after the pirate musical chairs thing lol >.<) Congratulations to everyone who won something, be it from station points, trivias (which I really sucked at!) or just simple luck <3

Hope everyone has a good rest to get your spirits and energy back up, and get some beauty sleep back (especially pegs and her elves)!

To end this off on a light note, I'm going to bring in a very lame joke I cameup with (I'm sorry!): What did the vain elves do? They took a selvie.

Haze~
Hazelight.

Ye told Gaea, "If you see bird flu, you are normal. If you see swine flu, you need to check your mental health."
Gaea tells ye, "HA."
Ye told Gaea, "I'm right ain't I :P"
Gaea tells ye, "<3"
[Jul 12, 2014 11:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WutaiWeb

What did the vain elves do? They took a selvie.

Haze~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAA :D

That was good. :3
Hiding. :3

Wutai - Cerulean/Ice/Emerald
[Jul 13, 2014 9:59:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

What did the vain elves do? They took a selvie.

Haze~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAA :D

That was good. :3

I agree! I was there for that one! :D
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jul 13, 2014 11:53:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeiret

Thanks to everyone involved with this :), was an awesome time had by all.

Thanks for letting me drive the shippy for so many many hours :) (also glad i didnt screw up any when the booty got so high after oldwater dropped that much in :P

Thanks to every single jobber too :) sorry for making you guys sail/rig so much (<3 to the sailors)

BEST. TIME. EVER

p.s getting back to my baghlah pillages felt so small today lol (lil dinky boats)
Jieret

Working my way back to number 1 bnav (R.I.P Lysear)
Loving cursed isles too much atm ^^
Die atlantis Dieeeeeee
[Jul 13, 2014 12:14:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

I logged back in just to participate and can admit I would totally do it all over again. Thank you Pegasiswolf (and your team!) for making me really enjoy the game again.

Would recommend,
Rizzo
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Jul 13, 2014 1:35:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I was on the run for a few hours.

Nice to see a grand frigate filled. :]

Fun fun.

It filled to 159 in about 15 minutes!! in plenty of time to set sail at 10:00 on the nose.... of course there was a TON of turnover... and we got down to 90 ppl at the slowest point.. but since there are only 77 possible stations.. we never got undermanned... it was WONDERFUL!!!... at the worse point we had like 1/4 carp for a few minutes.. but 90% of the time we had zero damage.... it was amazing... thanks to our wonderful guest navers!!!!

[Jul 14, 2014 1:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Ps. I am no longer accepting /tells asking if you can have a present until July 2015.

ROFL MEAGANZ!!!!

u guys were amazing...

and i had a ton of fun saying things like "at the forage.... lets see.. 2nd.. 15th... 29th.. 58th.. and 89th.... get a pressie... " and hearing u and tee MOAN outloud in vent... about having to COUNT down the duty report lists lol

[Jul 14, 2014 1:11:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

the feat of loading up a gf in 20 minutes was amazing as well.
Haze~

Im so glad all my advertising and spamming worked!!

and i bet everyone at addy inn is glad the event is over... and they dont have to hear my spamming about it 24/7 anymore (at least til after christmas.. when i start spamming for xmas in july 2015! lol)

I wish i had remembered to UNLOCK the ship before i pushed the JOB button.... it was amazing... the whistles alone... were like a song.. lol.... too bad i was the only one to see/hear it.... if i had thought about it ...i would have taken a video.... there were 90 ppl within the first minute or so.... just waiting to pounce on the job offer when it went up ...

woo hoooo.... Emerald has the bestest pirates ever!!

[Jul 14, 2014 1:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Thanks to everyone involved with this :), was an awesome time had by all.

Thanks for letting me drive the shippy for so many many hours :) (also glad i didnt screw up any when the booty got so high after oldwater dropped that much in :P

Thanks to every single jobber too :) sorry for making you guys sail/rig so much (<3 to the sailors)

BEST. TIME. EVER

p.s getting back to my baghlah pillages felt so small today lol (lil dinky boats)

YOU WERE AWESOME!! You made me afraid to take the helm back.. everyone was so used to ur Max-0 lol...

You can drive the shippy anytime hun!

and im sure the jobbers appreciated the tops u were paying them also...

I know what u mean about ships seeming small ... i remember at one of the islands there was a sloop next to the ship... i was laughing so hard in vent.. im sure everyone thought i had lost my mind

[Jul 14, 2014 1:27:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates