• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2698 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
janner6

Sinkable Reply to this Post

This is a test for a new type of event,
when you sink you get a chance of getting a wooden leg, an eye patch, or a hook hand. this event will allow that chance. all who wish to enter will pay a pool amount for ship and map. (7 players = 2,000 each) the ship will sail into sinkable areas and, well, sink. time is yet to be made if enough players are interested (and crazy) enough.
----------------------------------------
Avvy by janner~~~~~ contact here or in game for avvy.
[Apr 7, 2014 3:14:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Re: Sinkable Reply to this Post

Hey you might want to try game design for this. It is not really an event you yourself can run. :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Apr 8, 2014 8:07:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

No Sea, I think he's proposing to run this as an event, if there are enough people interested in participating.
I think.
Janner- you might want to keep searching in this events forum because somewhere, at some point, others have run events like this. You might see what they did to make it work out for them :)
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 8, 2014 11:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Oh! I think I get it now.

The way it was written out was very confusing.

I think in the past the Devs have upped the chance on getting an injury for a certain amount of time, and therefore I thought this went in Game Design.

I am sure there could be enough people willing to join in on this event. Heck, I'd even donate HS maps I win to lessen the cost to just a sloop! ;D
[Apr 8, 2014 11:40:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
janner6

Perhaps someone would like to host it, my sub is up and im stripped of my command.
[Apr 8, 2014 12:07:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Off topic...I have gifted Janner 2 months. To the GREETER that told him it was ok to trade/pay someone for sub time, that is WRONG and could get you both banned.

There is no support for such a trade in game and no way to enforce such an action.

On topic...I have a HS map for you if you would like it.
[Apr 8, 2014 1:13:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
janner6

I would like to formally thank Seatexan for both the sub and the offer of a map, My sincere thanks Seatexan, i am indebted.
[Apr 8, 2014 1:26:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Off topic...I have gifted Janner 2 months. To the GREETER that told him it was ok to trade/pay someone for sub time, that is WRONG and could get you both banned.

There is no support for such a trade in game and no way to enforce such an action.

On topic...I have a HS map for you if you would like it.

I hope you /complained that greeter.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 8, 2014 1:52:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeinasway

Hi,

If you want to make this an event, you won't need maps if you have a friend who is the governor of an island. You can just ask them to set up a sinky event blockade at their island for a specific date and time. You will also have to arrange to have someone there to shoot at you, or else you could repeatedly run into rocks until you sink :)

You can also ask the OM's to set up a sinky event blockade at a ringer-owned island; see here : http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1204521#1204521

I could set up an event blockade for you at Dendrite if you like, or you could ask someone who owns an island near where you own some sloops.

-Zeina
Ryujin says, "zeina = 3 gunner... she + allitara = guns full"
[Apr 8, 2014 3:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ruhannah

You may want to search the forums for Rexelita's Sink-a-thon. I don't know of anyone else who stood on Alpha dock in a chat circle and said "I'm thinking of running a sink-a-thon that would involve Brigs", laying out the bare bones of her idea and being handing 10 wb deeds. She did have the idea for her sink-a-thon before I started playing, (2004) and it took another year and a half for the event to take place. (Aug 2006) The way she ran it, is not for the faint of heart. If you want more of the story of how it was run, what could be done different if it was run now, or any other questions, please PM me here on the forums.

Ruhannah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ruhannah at Apr 9, 2014 1:54:49 PM]
[Apr 9, 2014 1:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Romibang

I have a few people who would be interested in something like this.
Freesoul - Cerulean
Free- Meridian
Freerious - Emerald
[Apr 15, 2014 12:24:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sarahspirate

This isnt a new idea, it has been done a few times inc the way you are proposing.

A good few times we have had pirates load a ship with the idea that pirate A pays x amount to board the sinky ship, the cost is workedout to cover the cost of the boat possibly the map as well.
Atlantis is the favoured SMH for these, added challenge of see how far up you can get before glub!

if your really up for a challege why dont you set up a two or more boat challenge..first one to touch the back wall wins both ships poe or touch the back wall and outlive the other etc etc, makes it a more fun way down that oh look trike...glub.

work some fun stuff out it will get you more pirates to come sink wif you :)
Sun says, "Bandana - 110 poe. Fine rum 65 poe. Smelling of mature cheese - priceless

Lillyliver.....planks outwit me!
[Apr 27, 2014 12:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fleurs

Hi,

If you want to make this an event, you won't need maps if you have a friend who is the governor of an island. You can just ask them to set up a sinky event blockade at their island for a specific date and time. You will also have to arrange to have someone there to shoot at you, or else you could repeatedly run into rocks until you sink :)

You can also ask the OM's to set up a sinky event blockade at a ringer-owned island; see here : http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1204521#1204521

I could set up an event blockade for you at Dendrite if you like, or you could ask someone who owns an island near where you own some sloops.

-Zeina

Running into rocks doesn't sink you, found that out the hard way...
Flower power<3

[Apr 27, 2014 3:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

I sunk you though! PEW PEW!
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Apr 27, 2014 3:38:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates