• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2577 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
funnybones

Coming back Reply to this Post

Ahoy

I feel like puzzling a bit. This was the best game I ever played. I see the oceans are all merged? What ocean should I play on?

Probably can't go a subscription with my budget atm. Are there any oldtimers still playing on the green oceans? Is everything different now?
----------------------------------------
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Mar 28, 2014 5:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Coming back Reply to this Post

I feel like puzzling a bit. This was the best game I ever played.

Welcome back.

I see the oceans are all merged? What ocean should I play on?

Probably can't go a subscription with my budget atm.

Then one of the two doubloon oceans is your choice. I personally don't find enough difference on them to recommend one over the other. Most people I've heard moving have been talking about heading to Emerald. Which to me, at least, would be a good reason to head to Meridian.

Is everything different now?

That depends on when you left, and what you did before you left. Sadly, there hasn't been a lot of new features added to the game in several years, so... unless it's been a very long time for you, probably not.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Mar 28, 2014 7:33:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Emerald is the most active ocean, so if you want more jobbing opportunities and less waiting time in dock I'd suggest playing there. The population will still be lower than you remember, though.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Mar 28, 2014 8:49:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Emerald is the most active ocean, so if you want more jobbing opportunities and less waiting time in dock I'd suggest playing there. The population will still be lower than you remember, though.

Once you hit a certain size capable of sailing the type of ship you want to, ocean size doesn't mean shorter dock times. I loaded ships faster on Hunter than I do on Emerald, to the point where I stopped running HS on the merged ocean because I hate sitting on my tail waiting for jobbers. The problem is, while there are more jobbers, there are more people trying to load, and as a result, overjobbing becomes a serious issue, and nobody fills in any ti

Ocean size means that parlor games are more likely to fill faster (or at all, if you play some of the less-popular games), but not get in the ocean faster.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Mar 29, 2014 5:13:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Last time I really remember playing was 2010, but most of my alts are only getting 2 Jolly Rogers when I log them in so I must've checked in since then.

All my junk is on Emerald, so I guess I'll play there. Good to be back. :)

edit: Hook & Eye has dusted. my heart breaks :(

[Edit 1 times, last edit by funnybones at Mar 29, 2014 1:16:38 PM]
[Mar 29, 2014 1:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sariaru

Rehoy.

This really is the best game out there. It's almost 100% skill based, not simply based on how much time you can spend on the game, although that does help at times plus it's filled with a good, solid, generally mature community.

I'm coming back to the game after a long hiatus also. I also remember your name from somewhere and I still love the forum button avatars started by Scupperer all those years ago.

Anyway, people will say that the game is dead but I've noticed lots of very pleasant people and I meet at least one person a day returning to the game. By making a fun, adventurous atmosphere ourselves we can make sure this doesn't become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Welcome back. What's your pirate name?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sariaru at Mar 29, 2014 4:23:31 PM]
[Mar 29, 2014 4:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Right now I'm playing with a character named Mulligan on Emerald. I'd love to be a docktart/second tier player in a group with a good attitude about the game.

[Mar 29, 2014 6:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Glad you started this thread as I have been toying with this idea of picking up my activity again for a few months now.

One query I have however; has the battle navigation changed much since 2010? This was the part of the game I enjoyed the most but I know that just as I was starting to fade out of the game new move tokens had been added to the game, during blockade navigation anyway.

Has the brigand AI changed much since then also?
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Mar 30, 2014 2:47:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

If you want to play on the subscription ocean I will happily gift you time! :D
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Mar 30, 2014 1:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

One query I have however; has the battle navigation changed much since 2010?

Has the brigand AI changed much since then also?

No, and no.

I once dug up the major changes to YPP and Spiral Knights since SK was released. Not much has been added to YPP in the last two years, so here are the major changes to YPP between 2011-04-04 and 2012-02-23:
  • BK expos, Madam Yu Jian, Fanchun
  • Rogue marks
  • Ship salvaging
  • Payments can be made in-game, to match what SK had at its release
  • Limited Steam integration (no voice chat, no trading)
  • Citadel tweaks
  • Werewolves
  • Ocean mergers

Since 2012-02-23, the major changes are:
  • increase in the number of swabbies that you start with on a ship
  • patching
  • support for the ipad

Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Mar 30, 2014 2:14:32 PM]
[Mar 30, 2014 2:13:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

If you want to play on the subscription ocean I will happily gift you time! :D

Arr, that's not sustainable though and a doubscription is 100k a month. I do miss Midnight though...

[Mar 30, 2014 6:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Sent you a PM!:)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Mar 30, 2014 7:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates