• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 161
Posts: 161   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10718 times and has 160 replies Next Thread
TheSeahag

Notice of intent for Cnossos: BRC

BRC dropped a war chest today (6/10) at 3pm EST, declaring their intent to blockade Cnossos.

This is a sinker - and we ask that our allies join us for limb-slashin' action!

Blockade starts at 12 noon PDT (6/11), 3pm Eastern Standard Time (do a /info to find the current time PDT). Jobbers, please start to show up approximately 1/2 hour beforehand. Battle navvers, please show up 1 hour before, so I can get you into crew chat.

If you wish to help us out, please send me (seahag) a tell or any BRC senior officer.

Jobbing contacts will be Seahag, Spoom, Saltylady and Yeemum.

Thanks, and see you on the battlefield!
----------------------------------------
Briggs Says, "Dr. Hag is bringing the Prescription for pain!"
[Jun 10, 2005 6:26:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Re: Notice of intent for Cnossos: BRC

As a shoppe-owner: What do you intend to do with Cnossos?
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Jun 10, 2005 6:31:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

Err... will Vilya be defending?

Edit: For that matter, will it be sinking? Vilya actually does own the island.
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 10, 2005 6:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
jesterhead

Is there any payment involved?
Pierced, Scared and probably smirking
[Jun 10, 2005 7:19:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Eh...good luck Cnossos. If my past dealings with their monarch (which are admittedly few) are an indication, the armpitiness of Cnossos will continue.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 10, 2005 7:50:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

TheSeahag wrote: 

How can this be a sinking blockade? Vilya hasn't returned the declaration of war (yet).
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jun 10, 2005 8:18:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

Barrister wrote: 
TheSeahag wrote: 

How can this be a sinking blockade? Vilya hasn't returned the declaration of war (yet).

Is it still uncolonized?
[Jun 10, 2005 8:20:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

shagie wrote: 
Barrister wrote: 
TheSeahag wrote: 

Is it still uncolonized?

0_0

It is one of the most colonized islands on midnight, some say over colonized.

I am somewhat confused as to how the attackers will ensure that it is sinking, unless this is another hoax.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Jun 10, 2005 8:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

wonkothes wrote: 
shagie wrote: 
Barrister wrote: 
TheSeahag wrote: 

Is it still uncolonized?

0_0

It is one of the most colonized islands on midnight, some say over colonized.

I am somewhat confused as to how the attackers will ensure that it is sinking, unless this is another hoax.

Is the island still listed as uncolonized? Can you shout on it? At one point after the island crumbled, the answer to that was 'yes'. Taking an uncolnized island is always sinking (no matter what the population is).

I personaly am unable to check as my account on Mindnight expired months ago.
[Jun 10, 2005 8:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lassieq

It is no longer uncolonised. Vilya owns it.

I thought Cleaver said that all blockades against Vilya isles will be sinking? Or did he just mean uncolonised isles?
Emulov, SO of The Philanthropist
Turbans are hawt!
[Jun 10, 2005 8:32:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

im just the messenger, so you'll have to direct the questions to Stainedshirt, because i dont know all the details to be honest. We notified cleaver, and he told stainedshirt that it would be a sinker. Thats really all i know -
Briggs Says, "Dr. Hag is bringing the Prescription for pain!"
[Jun 10, 2005 8:37:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

TheSeahag wrote: 
im just the messenger, so you'll have to direct the questions to Stainedshirt, because i dont know all the details to be honest. We notified cleaver, and he told stainedshirt that it would be a sinker. Thats really all i know -

Yay!
[Jun 10, 2005 8:43:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

So soon as my errant Royalty (? Who appointed them??) log in, war will be declared.

We will see about defence. I encourage others to step up to the plate. Sponsorship may be available.
[Jun 10, 2005 10:04:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

Heh.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Jun 10, 2005 10:11:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Ok, ok, I was wrong Theseahag was right. Good job, on having the right info, shame on me for doubting.

Good luck
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Jun 10, 2005 12:17:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ssandv

Hey, I'd have doubted too, until the Captain posted. No shame in being wrong on this one.
Darksand (back again!)
Obsidian: Peace and Quiet-Chaos
Midnight (rarely): Forbidden Dreams-Dies Irae
Leif wrote: 
I understand you'll ignore this as it doesn't support your paranoia.

[Jun 10, 2005 12:24:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

Rick9109 wrote: 
Eh...good luck Cnossos. If my past dealings with their monarch (which are admittedly few) are an indication, the armpitiness of Cnossos will continue.

Have to agree here. I've only had one experience, but it involved their monarch captaining a War Frigate full of greenies, where he would go AFK for huge stretchs, and the raise crew's restocking cut at each port.

I'll be not-lazy for this blockade and help Vilya, or help whoever else helps Vilya.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Jun 10, 2005 12:39:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Rick9109 wrote: 

Have to agree here. I've only had one experience, but it involved their monarch captaining a War Frigate full of greenies, where he would go AFK for huge stretchs, and the raise crew's restocking cut at each port.

I'll be not-lazy for this blockade and help Vilya, or help whoever else helps Vilya.

Oh, oh! I remember that! Then Midnight Armada got a War Brig out and PvPed them! THat was so awesome, and I pretty much creamed the guy.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Jun 10, 2005 12:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

Smackey wrote: 
NinjaGuy wrote: 
Rick9109 wrote: 

Oh, oh! I remember that! Then Midnight Armada got a War Brig out and PvPed them! THat was so awesome, and I pretty much creamed the guy.

Aye, and then made the offer to everyone on board their ship to come and get a fair cut of what we took, if they wished.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Jun 10, 2005 1:35:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

+3 Shur points for MA.
[Jun 10, 2005 1:45:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegalicious

Aw poor cnossos, i'd pick scupperer over BRC a thousand times.
[Jun 10, 2005 2:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Yeah I'll show up if I'm awake when it starts but I don't think I can motivate myself to wake up for Cnossos.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 10, 2005 6:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
AquaDrake

Yawn.

Can you out scupperer Scupperer? I can't.

If not, I'll with Vilya if I'm playing.
Maybe "historical" dragons were pterosaurs?
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090107-pterosaur-flight.html

"No plain fanfold paper could hold that fractal Puff --
He grew so fast no plotting pack could shrink him far enough.&quot
[Jun 10, 2005 9:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheT

anybody have a boat they'd sink for cnossos?
Sokar
Knights of the Republic
[Jun 10, 2005 9:45:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

See, kiddies, this is what happens when you phail the social puzzle.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Jun 10, 2005 9:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ElSpoom

I assure you, BRC has the best intentions for Cnossos. We will work with the shop owners of the island to make it a better place to do business.
- Spoom
[size=10]Captain, Pie Revolution

Diamond: Because I'm lazy.
Katattacksme wrote: 
Crack holds no sway on the human mind like that of YPP.

[Jun 11, 2005 2:07:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://uberm00.net/    SpoomApex    SpoomApex    54460376 [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Please outline what you believe is the "best" thing for cnossos. We'd all like to know.

You can polish a piece of concrete 'till your hands are worn out, but you're never going to make it shine. I really can't see a way for you to better the economy at Cnossos so right now I, along with many other shoppe owners, aren't sure that we want or need a government.

Prove me wrong and tell me how you're going to make things better. Please.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Jun 11, 2005 3:12:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Is anyone jobbing for the defense?
Cleaver wrote: 

[Jun 11, 2005 4:09:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pirate_Val

More importantly, what are Fandango's plans for Round 2?
[Jun 11, 2005 4:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Chaka-chaka Cnossos, maybe.

Faulkston,
slowing getting this patois thing
[Jun 11, 2005 4:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 161   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates