• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 675 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
2wet2spank1

Lag on Mac Reply to this Post

Whenever I play on OS X I have constant lag. I'm playing at around 10 frames per second. No matter what I'm doing it lags and stutters. I've reinstalled and it didn't fix the lag. I'm running the version of Java that the Mac came with. Anybody know how to fix this?

Specs:
Late 2013 Macbook Pro with Iris graphics
OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
----------------------------------------
Barnabas the Pale says, "Note that Cicero is finally quiet :P"
[Mar 7, 2014 3:12:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Lag on Mac Reply to this Post

It is most likely your internet. Try restarting your router.

Wifi or Ethernet?
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Mar 7, 2014 5:17:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2wet2spank1

Wifi, but it's not the internet. I have constant 40 mb/s and the game runs fine on my Windows partition. It's just the OS X partition that has issues with the game.
Barnabas the Pale says, "Note that Cicero is finally quiet :P"
[Mar 7, 2014 6:28:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Have you tried installing the Sun Java client? I'm running Y!PP on 2 different Macs (1 MBPR and 1 mini) with no issue, but I'm not using the built-in Java client.
[Apr 6, 2014 1:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Threehundred

No problems here with a couple of different Macs, although I was getting slight stuttering at times on a new MacBook Pro. Replaced the slow 5400rpm hard drive with an SSD (and 8GB RAM) and it runs nice and smooth now.

Maybe something to do with the installation, I'd try reinstalling both Java and PP.
[Apr 11, 2014 5:34:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates