• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 886 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Dexla

A request to add new stuff to the trading post Reply to this Post

I don't need anymore cursed class sloops, or viking carvings, potions to make me skinny, or dare I say it, chromas, but I sure would like to see some new stuff roll into the trading post. Perhaps as new stuff rolls in, older items could retire? A month overlap, with notice, would be nice before taking items off the shelf, so players could have the choice of sinking their trinkets on new items, or on the older retiring item before they disappear.

Food for thought. And my inventory is getting really heavy in the trinket department.

~Thanks
----------------------------------------
DEXLA LOUISA MIDNIGHT on Cerulean
[Mar 5, 2014 2:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fleurs

Re: A request to add new stuff to the trading post Reply to this Post

I feel like the Atlantis/CI/HS furniture section could be expanded. There doesn't seem to be anything apart from the telescope that can be traded for these trinkets in that section.

Either way, I totally agree that it needs to be updated! :)
Flower power<3

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fleurs at Mar 5, 2014 2:28:25 PM]
[Mar 5, 2014 2:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Not that long ago they did add some new stuff. Presumably they will add more now and again.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Mar 6, 2014 10:14:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flotch

Please some new items for the black box trinkets! :)

Woodenneye
[Mar 14, 2014 1:25:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Something for me to dump all me starfishes on, other than chromas, would be nice.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Mar 14, 2014 4:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Re: add new stuff @ trading post Reply to this Post

How about a chart box?
* Turn in a bunch of starfish, get a chart box!
* Turn in a bushel of sea shells, get another chart box!
* Turn in a crate full of various Atlantis trinkets, get yet another chart box!

For added fun, the odds of getting whatever type of map/chart/compass inside the chart box could be "edged" in favor of whatever type of trinkets are used. For example, if you turn in a batch of Brigand King trinkets, you could have a greater chance of the chart box containing a compass.

Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Mar 14, 2014 10:35:12 AM]
[Mar 14, 2014 10:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaptklutch

I feel like the Atlantis/CI/HS furniture section could be expanded. There doesn't seem to be anything apart from the telescope that can be traded for these trinkets in that section.

I agree that it should be expanded. But I always feel nothing should just be rewarded instantly. I think you need to meet some sort or Trinket requirement or some sort of requirement in order to get to the "Expanded Pack"

Such as you need 1 of every Type of trinket in SMH/CI/HS then you unlock a certain tier of the Expansion. Makes it more fun and worth while, plus it makes us use up more of our trinkets.

I also feel that in this expansions it should be one time use Designs for Cloths.. I feel there is a need for some addition of attire in this game, plus with decay it once again helps us with our need to get rid of these gosh darn trinkets!
[Mar 14, 2014 10:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

Well, they made a spider fam for 100 black box trnkets. What a huge gameplay improvement . Looks like the devs run out of ideas or simply dont care too much about game anymore.

I bring them some trinket sink tips.
1.Combine trinkets.
By combining certain types of them you get summoning artifact. To make combining more interesting add alchemy to the process. These artifacts should summon various monsters [ from easy to hard, depends of trinket rarity] by defeating them player gets some new NONTRADABLE item ,poez, trophies and trinket to make even more powerfull artifacts.

2. Weapon and ship boosts.
This simply make you stronger against bots. For example, holy water on your sword help against ghosts and so on.
Buy amunition from atlanteans, double damage to sea monsters.
Summon wind, ship go 5% faster and add 4th movement piece for big ships in battle. [2 turns]

3. Exchange trinkets for ticket to participate in certain events.

So, I think all this will help reduce enormous amounts of crap we have on hands.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Cybertox at May 15, 2014 5:06:56 AM]
[May 15, 2014 4:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

4. Hiring
Hire brave atlantean warriors against specters and awesome ghosts against fish smelling abominations. Also hire a master sailor to replace your default swabie.

5. Make a different looking sword. [blacksmith puzzle].
[May 15, 2014 5:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cybertox

By weapon boost i mean things like:
1. Less special pieces from ghosts and bellators.
2. Slowing them down for certain %
3. Confusion, bot frequently changes its target.
4. Paralize, bot not fight at all for certain amount of time.

Now lets get to the "magic" recipes.
To enchant your weapon bring it along with your trinkets to alchemist.
Rarity of them determines how strong your enchantment will be[ less special pieces, even lesser or no at all] . The quality of alchemist work determines on how much enemies your enchantment takes effect.[good 10 bots, excelent 20, incredible 1day]
Also magic that work on ghosts not work on brigands and goons e.t.c.
[May 15, 2014 5:48:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fleurs

I agree that it should be expanded. But I always feel nothing should just be rewarded instantly. I think you need to meet some sort or Trinket requirement or some sort of requirement in order to get to the "Expanded Pack"

Such as you need 1 of every Type of trinket in SMH/CI/HS then you unlock a certain tier of the Expansion. Makes it more fun and worth while, plus it makes us use up more of our trinkets.

I also feel that in this expansions it should be one time use Designs for Cloths.. I feel there is a need for some addition of attire in this game, plus with decay it once again helps us with our need to get rid of these gosh darn trinkets!

I wasn't suggesting there shouldn't be a trinket requirement. The whole point of the trading post is that there is a requirement.

I agree about the one trinket each suggestion. Collecting the BK eggs was frustrating but something to aspire to.
Flower power<3

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fleurs at May 15, 2014 6:54:42 AM]
[May 15, 2014 6:53:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Trinkets as a qualification to an extra layer of goods to buy with trinkets is not particularly good. However perhaps experience in ship puzzles total could be used. In the style, but much higher of requirements to do b-nav on the navy. It is a parameter little used and is open to everyone of any skill level, and wealth, and would encourage time playing puzzles not in the inn gambling and just buying the trinkets they need.

Oh, also the different level trinket bought goods available to those with qualifying experience should not be tradeable, like rats are not.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by JamesStGeorg at May 17, 2014 6:26:15 AM]
[May 17, 2014 6:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates