• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4515 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
knightmaree

Universe A Presents - Hauling 101 [Park Giveaway] Reply to this Post

So it's been a while since we've run an event, and I think it's high time we brought you another fun packed weekend! That being said, we present to you, Hauling 101! Our first treasure haul themed event! I think it's time we took the intensity of hauling to the next level with some fun new twists and turns along the way!

This event will be taking place, 11:00am (PT) on Sunday, March 16th, 2014. It will be an event blockade, on Park Island.

How-to Play:
As part of our training program we want to introduce our participants to a whole new type of treasure hauling, and to do that we need to throw a couple curve balls! Taking all of that into consideration, we present to you, the how-to!

Each team will enter the board, ocean-side, or island-side, whatever they prefer, and our UA sloops will sail in alongside them, two at a time, each carrying 10k PoE in their coffers. We will be trying to avoid you, and survive as long as we can, but we will not shoot at you, and will most likely be undermanned. The objective is simple. Sink us! Well, it's almost that simple. After you sink us, you will need to haul the treasure that has been dropped into the water.

But wait, there's more, not only can you haul the sunken Universe A ships, but you can fight each other and haul your competitors spoils, which could be the difference maker in the final PoE count!

Whichever teams hauls the most treasure by the end of the round (at the beginning of Round 2), will win the event, and the two closest below will also receive prizes.

Rules:
-Registration is required in this thread, and can be done up until 30 minutes before the event begins. Just put your driver's and flag's name.
-Any flag may participate in this event.
-Participants may enter ocean or island-side.
-We will be bringing in sloops two at a time, to a maximum of six, if all six are sunk, you will have to fight each other until the round has come to an end.
-The event begins at the start of Round 1, and ends on the turn that it kicks us off of the board, not when the round has officially ended and the flags disappear. (Aka, the start of Round 2, this is because there still may be haul after the round ends and I want as much to be hauled as possible, every second counts!)
-The event will be limited to sloops, so that finding a team of members is not limited to those with more friends/crew mates, and those with deeper pockets!
-You may only have one boat on the board, a sloop, and the poe hauled from it will be used to determine your final score.
-You may bring cannonballs and try to sink your foes and haul them as well, every PoE counts!
-If you sink, you may bring in additional sloops.
-You may not leave the board until it automatically kicks us off at the start of Round 2. That being said, if you're confident your boat has the most PoE on it, you can run and hide somewhere until the end of the round.
-If you get knocked off the board by someone, you have four turns to re-enter, or you will be disqualified.
-Adding PoE to the booty will result in immediate disqualification.
-We will be checking vessel records with an alt after the ending of the event, please have an officer available who can quickly crew our alts to check the records and final PoE count. :)

Prizes:
In order of placing, the top 3 will choose their prizes.

-Park Island (Or 100k PoE if you do not wish to have the island transferred to you.)
-75k PoE.
-3 of the sloops used in the event.
(In addition, all three of the teams captains, will receive trinkets commemorating their efforts.)

*We ask that any blockades planned for that Sunday are dropped earlier in the day, or done on Saturday, it would be very appreciated.
*If somehow the island runs out of rum/shot, we can provide stock from our fleet, for normal costs.
----------------------------------------
Knightmaree, Cobalt
Some dude Formally At Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by knightmaree at Feb 28, 2014 12:17:39 PM]
[Feb 28, 2014 11:38:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackout8

Re: Universe A Presents - Hauling 101 [Park Giveaway] Reply to this Post

Sounds fun! I'm gonna start organizing the team for Pixelated Warfare :)
Fyrez of the Midnight Cerulean Ocean
Turtle Island born and Raised
Professional Sinker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Blackout8 at Mar 3, 2014 12:17:35 PM]
[Mar 3, 2014 12:02:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vari

So to be clear, the prizes are

Park or 100k
3 bottled sloops? Or are you rebuilding them?
Vari
Scapegoat, Japanese Schoolgirls
Lord, Sushicide

Sayre's Law: "In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake."
[Mar 8, 2014 12:38:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serendipity_

I would like to register:

Driver: Katrene
Flag: The Moon Beckons
He said,"Dance for me." And he said," You are too beautiful for the wind to pick at and the sun to burn." He said," I am a poor tattered thing, but not unkind to the sad dancer and the dancing dead."
[Mar 8, 2014 1:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Adria1818 [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

Vari wrote: 
So to be clear, the prizes are

Park or 100k
3 bottled sloops? Or are you rebuilding them?

We'll be rebuilding the sloops, and if first place decides to take 100k, then second place can take either Park, 75k, or the sloops. It is not 100% clear, but the first, second, and third place contestants will pick their prizes in said order, but do not have to pick the prizes in the order presented.

Our intention with the event is to find Park a new home, thus, we're giving three flags the opportunity to claim it, rather than one who may win, but rather a PoE prize than Park. :) Should none of the three prize winners claim the island, we will hold onto it for the time being. :)
-Deecup.
-Official Spokeswoman of Universe A.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Deecup at Mar 8, 2014 1:44:53 PM]
[Mar 8, 2014 1:39:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Our intention with the event is to find Park a new home, thus, we're giving three flags the opportunity to claim it, rather than one who may win, but rather a PoE prize than Park. :) Should none of the three prize winners claim the island, we will hold onto it for the time being. :)

question 1... could the winner request to have Park being transferred to another flag instead of themselves?

i'm interested to participate in this event but we have no plan to govern/manage the island (in case we wins it).. and am wondering if we could request to have it transferred to another flag instead of taking ownership of park or the 100k prize poe
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Mar 8, 2014 8:18:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
knightmaree

Ill get back to you on that ryujin

i cant see there being a problem with that but ill ask for you
Knightmaree, Cobalt
Some dude Formally At Universe A
[Mar 9, 2014 3:19:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

Ryujin wrote: 

question 1... could the winner request to have Park being transferred to another flag instead of themselves?

i'm interested to participate in this event but we have no plan to govern/manage the island (in case we wins it).. and am wondering if we could request to have it transferred to another flag instead of taking ownership of park or the 100k prize poe

We don't see why not! The only conditions we ask to be met are that the flag you wish to have take the island in your place must have one active member on your team for the event, and they will need to have Renowned fame for the island transfer. :)
-Deecup.
[Mar 9, 2014 12:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

fair enough, that will do :)
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Mar 9, 2014 1:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Gonzaga1

Pixelated Warfare will be there.

Driver is unconfirmed though!
Gonzaga
Universe A

(....and secret royal of Sushicide)
[Mar 12, 2014 2:16:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vampyr13

Forever Untamed will be there.
Spongebob will be driving.
Vampyone.. Captain of the Shrews

Not every flower can say love, but a rose did. Not every plant can survive thirst, but a cactus did. Not every idiot can read, but look at you go
[Mar 12, 2014 9:36:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

With only three days left don't forget to sign up your team before the event begins! If stock is needed contact the governor or a manager at the palace! Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday morning!
-Deecup.
[Mar 13, 2014 4:34:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

ooppps.. just realised that i've only been asking question but didnt 'officially' register yet

Black Flag Inc will be there (will list the names of all members/jobbers on that day)

Ryujin on all oceans
[Mar 13, 2014 7:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
noworries

Please register Midnight Yacht Club and Garibaldi.

I have 3 questions:
1. Do I have to drive for the entire round or can we trade off?
2. Can we use jobbers or does the ship have to be crewed with all flag mates?
3. If the trinket is inscribed, could it be inscribed with only the flag's name and not the driver's name?

Thanks for the event. It should be fun.
The original Garibaldi on the Midnight Ocean, now on Cerulean.

We can't control the winds, but we can adjust our sails.
[Mar 15, 2014 10:25:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

Garibaldi wrote: 
Please register Midnight Yacht Club and Garibaldi.

I have 3 questions:
1. Do I have to drive for the entire round or can we trade off?
2. Can we use jobbers or does the ship have to be crewed with all flag mates?
3. If the trinket is inscribed, could it be inscribed with only the flag's name and not the driver's name?

Thanks for the event. It should be fun.

Let's take a crack at them!

1. It doesn't matter who navs just need a name for someone who will be helping.
2. You can have jobbers just have one member from your flag is required!
3. It will be inscribed to the flag, not the navigator. :)

Thanks for signing up, good luck tomorrow!
-Deecup.
[Mar 15, 2014 5:02:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

Current Roster of Participants:

The Moon Beckons - Katrene
Pixelated Warfare - Fyrez
Forever Untamed - Spongebob
Black Flag Inc. - Ryujin
Midnight Yacht Club - Garibaldi
Otherworld - Captaintook
Riding High - Doggbreath

Hope to add a couple more flags to this list by tomorrow morning, come out and have some fun, even if you don't want Park! :)

*Edits to add more names, hurrah!
-Deecup.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Deecup at Mar 16, 2014 10:45:47 AM]
[Mar 15, 2014 7:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaseyx

Captaintook will be driving for Otherworld.
Elizabethx on Cerulean Ocean
[Mar 16, 2014 7:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Riding High will be using the patented by Zarchi "throw something together the morning of the event" method to participate
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Mar 16, 2014 8:38:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

The event is starting in just under an hour, the entire roster is shown above. ^^ Please have one member of each team contact Empty Planet to have themselves jobbed so we can go over rules/keep people updated on when our new sloops are coming in and whatnot!
-Deecup.
[Mar 16, 2014 10:11:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deecup

The results are in...!
In a tight race up until the final buzzer, the PoE was tight and the final minutes action packed, with a few sinks coming with less than five minutes remaining, which altered the final results of the event severely! Without further adieu, I present to you, our winners!

In first place, with a final count of 7,124poe,
Pixelated Warfare!

In second place, with a final count of 6,491poe,
Black Flag Inc.!

And in third place, with a final count of 668poe,
Forever Untamed!

Honourable mentions go to the following flags, Riding High, Midnight Yacht Club, The Moon Beckons, and Otherworld, who all tied for fourth place with a total of 0poe in their coffers!

Congratulations to all of our winners who picked their prizes in the respective order, (Park Island, 75k, three sloops), and congratulations to everyone who participated, it was a hell of a turnout for the event, and I'm glad so many people could make it! The intent to transfer Park will be posted tomorrow, thank you everyone for participating it was a fun event and we may see another version of it in the near future based on it's success!
-Deecup.
[Mar 16, 2014 12:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

thanks for hosting - we all had a great time
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Mar 16, 2014 1:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

thank ye for hosting, twas fun

Ryujin on all oceans
[Mar 16, 2014 2:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
vari

Honourable mentions go to the following flags, Riding High, Midnight Yacht Club, The Moon Beckons, and Otherworld, who all tied for fourth place with a total of 0poe in their coffers!

/me enjoys a hearty laugh at the expense of the last place flags, particularly Midnight Yacht Club, with special emphasis on himself.

Thanks for a great time!
Vari
Scapegoat, Japanese Schoolgirls
Lord, Sushicide

Sayre's Law: "In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake."
[Mar 16, 2014 3:09:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates