• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5273 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
starrarose

[Viridian] A Warning for all

Respectable pirates can ignore this warning. It's not for you.

For all you low down, scurvy ridden flea-bitten Officers, Senior Officers and Captains who leave ships at sea with people on them after a battle or two because you think it's the best way out of paying them - Wise Up and Pay Attention.

I'm keeping a list. All those people who I find out have done this rotten thing to people (and I find out about a lot of them) I'm coming for you. I WILL hunt you down. I WILL PvP your ships until you can barely move. I WILL take everything off them that I can. And I will ONLY stop when you cease to be the biggest barrelstoppers on the ocean and learn to PLAY FAIR to your pirates, Cabin people and Jobbers.

Pay them properly. Don't leave them stranded. All you're doing is making more work for the Ocean Masters who get called out to rescue them.

You. Have. Been. Warned.
----------------------------------------
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 8, 2005 9:58:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Re: [Viridian] A Warning for all

Go you! Power to the players! Well, on most occasions.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jun 8, 2005 11:18:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Where do I sign up to join you on this most noble (and fun!) quest?
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jun 9, 2005 2:28:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TrillianM

Three cheers for Danae!!
-Trilly,
Disciple of the Mad Professor
FANDANGO
The Overnight! <- Click to donate. ^_^
[Jun 9, 2005 2:30:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

One more reason to find a flag large enough to sustain your needs, and then pillage with them or their friends, almost exclusively =(

Since we'll be flamed to kingdom come for starting a public list, might I make a suggestion? Might somebody maintain a private list of "supposed" infractions, along with "anecdotal evidence to support", and I say anecdotal since no unalterable proof could be supplied...and then have folks like us just sign up to be on the list of who sees?

I mean, like the skellie hunters thread. We post to be on the "list", provide our email addys to the "moderator" of the list, and whenever a new barrelstopper is added, we're emailed their supposed transgressions?
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 9, 2005 3:59:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

how about first hand accounts?

/em was on a ship where the OiC jumped ship last night.

Thanks again Bia...
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Jun 9, 2005 5:46:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

I hope you report them to an OM in addition to PvPage.

*ponders the strength of a ban in a Doubloon Ocean*
[Jun 9, 2005 6:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Shuranthae wrote: 

[Jun 9, 2005 6:09:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Shuranthae wrote: 
I hope you report them to an OM in addition to PvPage

So far - those on the list are there because an OM has needed to be called. No other officers online in their crews at the time of the ships being stranded

TrillianM wrote: 
Three cheers for Phoenix!!

Fixed. Danae's Midnight. Phoenix seems to scare more people on Viridian anyway. Don't know why....

emerson wrote: 

Catch Phoenix in game on Viridian any time really.

And no, I'm not going to post a public list of names, that stays quite firmly attached to the side of my computer on the bit of paper I wrote it on.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 9, 2005 9:02:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

Forgive me, but this sounds vaugely like the TSA no fly list.

The difficulty with that list and likely this one too is that it is very difficult to find out if you are on the list, and additionaly difficult to get off the list.

If this is list is to have any sense of being a just and honorable thing it needs to have full accountability rather than just someone saying "I had a bad time with that person" or "the OIC left mid pillage".

Aside from that it may well become a way for people to claim to have a reason to harass and grief others - something that has been shown to be frowned upon otherwise.

Vigilantie squads rarely make the game more enjoyable for anyone aside from the vigialanties.
[Jun 9, 2005 9:12:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

I swear someone had a topic that listed people who planned to hunt these kinds of people down. I was one of those who plegded their alleigence to the cause. Can't find it though :P
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jun 9, 2005 9:50:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Since it's been asked I shall answer.

So far - there is One crew on "The list". And they're there for multiple acts of abandoning jobbers at sea with no officer online and no way for the jobbers to get paid. They did it to me, they did it to a whole bunch of greenies, they did it to one of my crew mates - and most recently, they did it to some of their own flag mates.

If I could ever CATCH the Captain of that crew online I'd be willing to discuss it with them - I've left a message with the monarch of their flag for them to get in touch with me - or face PvP hell. Now it's up to them to respond. I'm noting that this particular crew is now in a different flag than the one they were with when they ditched on me personally, apparently their original Monarch didn't think much of the tactic either.

And no - I'm still not giving the name out.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 14, 2005 12:45:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2cucry

Well for a side note, I've been on a few ships like this.. the course of action i take is immediately petition an OM or even send them a tell of your situation. 9 times out of 10 they bring you to shore and split the booty...
Anderson

Captain of the crew The Bluenoser's
Admiral of the Navy

Matrix says

"if you really wanna be loved try beat andy in ANYTHING, please were running out of ideas"

[Jun 14, 2005 12:58:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

I would hope that due care would be taken in compiling a list like this and that it only be in the realm of prven worthy pirates (Yes its a can of works to work out how a pirate proves themselves worthy but I digress)

I extreamly rarly lead a pillage simply because I happen to belong to a crew that is prodomently from a different timezone from myself means that I am regularly on as the only officer in my crew. Things happen (I have the sort of friends and family who randomly visit, and I'm not prepared to let my RL come second to my pirates, not to mention DC's)

If I run a pillage and for whatever reason I cant finish the trip for a completly valid reason and I'm the only officer on (There are times where I start the trip with several officers on but finish it with none) and my self/crew/flag got a bad rep for 1 error beyond my control, I wouldn't be happy.

I learnt this the hard way, as a new officer I led a pillage when we got a power blackout. Absolutly nothing I could do. I logged back on the next day to a stream of abuse from an extreamly unhappy player. After debating blackspoting (the tirade was outright offensive and blowing the situation out of all proportion) I let common sense prevale and offered to settle the score with him and throw in a little extra poe for the inconvenience to which he told me to scupper off and he was going to /complain me. No idea if he did ever follow through, althoug I'm assuming he didn't as I never heard about it from the ringers.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 15, 2005 6:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Things happen, but you miss the point. This isn't a once or twice deal, this has happened quite a few times, and seems to be how the crew is run (Hey! Get more poe! Leave your jobbers stranded!).

Frankly, if you have a legitimate issue (i've had those before, some where I just leave game due to a RL emergency), and there are no other officers about, then you should inform the person giving you the spew of idiocy that if they dont' stop, they'll be blackspotted and complained, then tell teh OM on what happened.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jun 15, 2005 6:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

I could perhaps of worded that one better....

My concern is that the list only be avalible to those who would understand and not abuse it. A player could read into a list like that and see a name appear there once and make something of it. Much the same reason why /blackspot is not avalible to all players... simply because not all people know what they are doing.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 15, 2005 7:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

I'll repeat this since it seems to be needed.

The only way you make it onto my "list" is if you abandon ship on your jobbers more than 3 times. I am the only one with the list.

As I said, there's only one crew on it, and they've had multiple officers jump ship on their jobbers multiple times. I cannot get a response from their Captain (I've tried I managed to catch them ingame) and so they are now an official target.

Amusingly last time I went out to try and hit them my ship won blood. That time they abandoned a large ship full of jobbers. This is not on.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 15, 2005 7:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Nemo wrote: 
Shuranthae wrote: 

Amphitrite wrote: 
Moderators reserve the right to unceremoniously delete "Me too" posts, thread bumps, posts quoting someone else without adding any new ideas

/e snickers
[Jun 15, 2005 8:04:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
kbuds

xephin wrote: 

/e snickers

---[color=maroon]Subliminal -[color=maroon] Viridian---
?Think. Feel. Subliminal.?
[size=9]Demeter tells you, "You are still here? Wow, least I get paid for having no life!" ;(
[Jun 15, 2005 10:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pwned.nl    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
lucashp

starrarose wrote: 
Respectable pirates can ignore this warning. It's not for you.For all you low down, scurvy ridden flea-bitten Officers, Senior Officers and Captains who leave ships at sea with people on them after a battle or two because you think it's the best way out of paying them - Wise Up and Pay Attention.I'm keeping a list. All those people who I find out have done this rotten thing to people (and I find out about a lot of them) I'm coming for you. I WILL hunt you down. I WILL PvP your ships until you can barely move. I WILL take everything off them that I can. And I will ONLY stop when you cease to be the biggest barrelstoppers on the ocean and learn to PLAY FAIR to your pirates, Cabin people and Jobbers.Pay them properly. Don't leave them stranded. All you're doing is making more work for the Ocean Masters who get called out to rescue them.You. Have. Been. Warned.

What if your power went out? i mean you would get banned for no reason.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

There is another jobbing exploit which I have already /bugged to the devs. I will not describe it, due to not knowing how fast it can be fixed, so I don't want anyone to get ideas.

But for you folks who are using it, I'm keeping my own list. Cut it out.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

lucashp wrote: 

Please read the WHOLE page before posting. I've already explained what it takes to get on my list.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

TheRack

Just to further clarify for any future missunderstanding, I know that some of the confusion in this thread is happening due to the fact that there are 2 distinct topics here...

The first is the fact that starrarose has announced that she is keeping a list of people who she feels to be bad pillage leaders who in her opinion rip jobbers off and intends to PvP them. The list will not be be published, although it has been sugested she would be willing to accept help in doing this.

The second is the fact that there is also a game design discussion about a collective of players doing what starrarose is doing privetly, as first raised in the post by imwamphyr.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 16, 2005 7:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captainmel

starrarose wrote: 
Shuranthae wrote: 
I hope you report them to an OM in addition to PvPage

So far - those on the list are there because an OM has needed to be called. No other officers online in their crews at the time of the ships being stranded

TrillianM wrote: 
Three cheers for Phoenix!!

Fixed. Danae's Midnight. Phoenix seems to scare more people on Viridian anyway. Don't know why....

emerson wrote: 

Catch Phoenix in game on Viridian any time really.

And no, I'm not going to post a public list of names, that stays quite firmly attached to the side of my computer on the bit of paper I wrote it on.

"And dont say GP its like wearing a sign around yer neck that says "LOOK AT ME IM A NOOB WHO PLAYS RUNESCAPE TOO MUCH FOR MY OWN GOOD AND IM JUST WAITING TO LOSE A BUNCHA POE IN A SWORDFIGHT"-Jackthedoboy
[Jun 21, 2005 3:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.melificent.net [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

lucashp wrote: 
starrarose wrote: 
Respectable pirates can ignore this warning. It's not for you.For all you low down, scurvy ridden flea-bitten Officers, Senior Officers and Captains who leave ships at sea with people on them after a battle or two because you think it's the best way out of paying them - Wise Up and Pay Attention.I'm keeping a list. All those people who I find out have done this rotten thing to people (and I find out about a lot of them) I'm coming for you. I WILL hunt you down. I WILL PvP your ships until you can barely move. I WILL take everything off them that I can. And I will ONLY stop when you cease to be the biggest barrelstoppers on the ocean and learn to PLAY FAIR to your pirates, Cabin people and Jobbers.Pay them properly. Don't leave them stranded. All you're doing is making more work for the Ocean Masters who get called out to rescue them.You. Have. Been. Warned.

I understand what you mean. That has happened to me several teims (Didn't get banned)but.... read this.
starrarose wrote: 

The only way you make it onto my "list" is if you abandon ship on your jobbers more than 3 times.

Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Jun 21, 2005 11:33:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

And since there still appears to be some confusion on this topic.

Since you know that I'm doing this, and you've got at least 2 ways to PM me (I'm on the viridianocean.com forums as Phoenix) send me a PM if you think you might be on the list - since I send a /tell to the OiC of the ship I attack letting them know why I'm attacking them you could always explain it to me then as well.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 21, 2005 11:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kbuds

Hasn't this problem already been addressed?
---[color=maroon]Subliminal -[color=maroon] Viridian---
?Think. Feel. Subliminal.?
[size=9]Demeter tells you, "You are still here? Wow, least I get paid for having no life!" ;(
[Jun 22, 2005 12:07:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pwned.nl    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Note dates on the first post of that thread to this one. If it's been fixed yay! But I've been offline totally with a rather sick little pirate so I've not been able to keep up with everything. Naturally I read the threads that I started first, as do a lot of people I guess. Thanks for pointing that one out to me, eventually I'll finish reading it

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jun 22, 2005 12:51:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates