• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1673 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Thecrumpet

Imperial Battle Navigation Switcharooo Reply to this Post

Okay I've been having this weird problem with imperials recently. I'd battle them for two or three battles and they are very predictable. They basically try to get as close to me as possible in their moves to get into a grapple position - I shoot them like crazy and kick some ass. They then switch to bnavving properly and I'm foxed, they'll turn away from me to avoid cb's and not just try to come in for the grapple.

Anyone else notice this? And if you do, is it just another style that is equally as predictable and it's just that I need practice at understanding?

Thanks
Le crump xo

[edit] I had a think and perhaps what I'm seeing is the difference between Rihanna and barbarians? Any confirmation on this one? I have no idea xD thanks
----------------------------------------
- Le Crump x
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thecrumpet at Feb 6, 2014 2:21:18 PM]
[Feb 6, 2014 1:41:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tyrim

Re: Imperial Battle Navigation Switcharooo Reply to this Post

On an evening where I pillaged in a sloop recently, I noticed similar behavior. The Imperials switched from predictable moves to unpredictable mid-fight. I'm not sure if it is a function of a true change in tactics though or if it was just a perception on my part.

-Smashbeard
[Feb 7, 2014 6:23:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Did you pull a last-second move on him? If you do that too many times, they start cheating. Or at least, they used to.

Or at least, I think they used to...
[Feb 7, 2014 1:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thecrumpet

Hmmmmm mebbes you're right, I pulled a LSM or two, but nothing huge - perhaps LSMing interarch ships makes them really go mad

Its such weird behaviour, it's like the bots just turn from super predictable to ultimates in a turn
- Le Crump x
[Feb 7, 2014 3:27:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24longave

They still do their stupid NSM if you pull off too many LSMs on them. I've been on a pilly not too long ago when the bots started running away (and quite well actually, pulling off 2 or 3 moves per turn) when they maxed and this happened for 3 of the battles i was in.
Meridian Ocean - Bordercollie
[Feb 7, 2014 8:31:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates