• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 928 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Mkryan

Distilling Reply to this Post

When I watch videos on this game I notice that people move the balls fairly quickly but when I play, I can barely shoot a ball a couple spots before it stops and thats if the ball goes right when I click on it. I didn't think this is a game where a faster computer is better or is it? How do these players move the balls so quickly?
[Feb 5, 2014 2:01:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Re: Distilling Reply to this Post

Practice, mostly. YPP isn't a resource-heavy game, and while less lag is always helpful, you can still distill with it. If you run the rest of the game without problems, distilling will be no different. It's probably just a case of practicing til you get used to the exact angle at which you need to drag things.

If you own a drawing tablet, I find those to provide a much smoother experience, but it's not necessary and I only know of one ultimate distiller besides myself who uses one.
----------------------------------------
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Feb 5, 2014 9:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celestfury

Most of the time it's practice. You might also need a new mouse - I had similar problems with an old, borrowed mouse that wouldn't drag the balls very far. Try some other puzzles that use the mouse; if they play just fine, it's only practice.
Start out much slower, as you get the hang of it you should speed up without thinking about it.
~~ Carsomyr ~~
Senior Officer of Bootleg Bandits on Meridian
Senior Officer of Crew Snag Answer C on Emerald
( ^ - ^ )/~~~~~@
[Feb 6, 2014 4:39:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I have had problems depending on what kind of computer and software I was using. There are definitely elements of speed and control at issue here. When I switched from GNOME to KDE under Ubuntu Linux, I noticed a marked lack of control and I felt like I was flailing wildly each time I moved a ball. I have it under control now but I must say that my standing has probably suffered from making that move. I also dread distilling on my Mom's computer at home because the control is even worse. I do not know if it is a function of Windows Vista, the mouse hardware (wireless Logitech) or something else. It may be worthwhile for you to experiment with different display and mouse drivers to see if they offer any improvements or differences.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Feb 6, 2014 4:56:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates