• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 875 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
xelto

What am I doing right? Reply to this Post

I've recently started running basic pillages a bunch recently. And I've been winning kraken's blood regularly-- about one per 10-12 battles, which is far more often than I've seen any other time, with any other navigator.

Well, no, I've seen it at about that rate when I'm with an elite sloop run. But I'm sailing with a fanchuan, taking anyone who applies. Most of my runs end up with a couple skilled people, and a bunch mid-low-to-greenie jobbers. I would say that it was a run of good luck, except that my wife just got her chalice of blood, essentially all earned this last month with me.

And I've been winning it from yellowish-green ships, including times when I'm only partially full. Most recently, from a green influence ring ship, with me plus seven jobbers with maybe a couple who had two master+ stats among them all, on the third fight of the trip. I was barely getting a move per turn from my sailors. I expected to be lucky if we got more than 250 PoE from the pre-division split, yet... blood.

So... what am I doing right? What influences how often you win blood?
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 26, 2014 6:36:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: What am I doing right? Reply to this Post

Hah. I went out solo on a fanchuan the other day just lazing around so I could get my seal o' piracy. Won one battle, then lost two, only to discover when I got back in port that I'd managed to get some KB at some point.

So maybe what you're doing right is the fanchuan? =P
[Jan 26, 2014 12:09:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Possibly some hidden promotion (x2 chance to get KB or w/e) tied in with the Seal this month?
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jan 26, 2014 12:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Possibly some hidden promotion (x2 chance to get KB or w/e) tied in with the Seal this month?

I've got no clue if this is a great observation, or a conspiracy theory in the making.

Ah, I've got it! It happens when you kill the guy with the hat last!
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 26, 2014 1:46:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I should probably add to my statement that it would only effect the Fanchaun and the Junk due to those being the "ship of the month".

Who knows. Best way to see is if you dramatically stop getting them when Feb rolls around.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jan 26, 2014 2:51:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates