• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5563 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MaxPain

Emerald route difficulty Reply to this Post

A lot of you have probably seen the maps of other oceans that include route difficulty, but I don't think there was one for either Sage or Hunter (or Emerald as a whole). I saw a guide once that explained how the league point difficulty is calculated, but I can't seem to find that anymore, so I came up with what I think is the closest thing to the way the difficulty is calculated.

I used an image editing program to measure the saturation of the league point fill colour and then created a spreadsheet of all the values and calculated average difficulty values for several routes (summing up the values for each league point and dividing them by the number of league points on that route). I got a highest value for Wissahickon-Beaufort Islands, which in this case represents a difficulty of a 100% and then calculated the other values relative to it.

So, here are the values that I calculated in per cent, it's mostly routes that are labeled as yellow, orange or red.

Osprey and Pleiaides are mostly the same difficulty all over, so I took them as a whole. As mentioned, Wissahickon-Beaufort Islands is the reference value and the other values are calculated in per cent relative to it. Higher value means that the route is harder.

I hope this will help out some of the new pillagers in their choice of a pillaging route.
----------------------------------------
Icce on Sage
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MaxPain at Jan 14, 2014 12:47:11 PM]
[Jan 14, 2014 10:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Emerald route difficulty Reply to this Post

This is such a great resource, that I've added it to the YPPedia article on our ocean . Thanks for doing it.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 14, 2014 12:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

My OCD demanded that the routes were sorted according to their values here.

So here it is .

Btw, thanks a lot for compiling. They certainly are in-line with what I feel the routes to be.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 15, 2014 11:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaxPain

Thanks for sorting them out, I just noticed that you are missing the Pleiaides arch. It should go above Osprey.

If I have the spare time, I could do the whole ocean and sort every route by archipelago.
Icce on Sage
[Jan 16, 2014 4:02:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Thanks for sorting them out, I just noticed that you are missing the Pleiaides arch. It should go above Osprey.

If I have the spare time, I could do the whole ocean and sort every route by archipelago.

You'll end up with MEGO issues. What I would recommend instead is to do all the inter-arch routes, and any other individual routes of similar difficulty. Then for the remainder, separate them into the categories of moderate, moderately easy, and easy, rather than give them a specific numerical value.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 16, 2014 12:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

fixed :P
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 16, 2014 11:35:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates