• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 641 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
polaris395

How to connect to the client like Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

Greetings all!

I've been using the trade profiteer for some time, and I'm also an amateur programmer, so I was wondering how the profiteer is able to pull things from the client. I'm interested in attempting something like this for myself, no work-arounds, essentially rewriting the trade profiteer for the fun of it. The problem is that I do not know a good starting point for this and I was wondering how to go about this. I am pursuing a CS degree, so I'm not scared of it being technical and difficult, I just don't even know where to start learning.

Does anyone have any pointers?

-Polariss
----------------------------------------
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

I saw Apollo do it...maybe a week ago? He was by the SF table.
You mean "I saw Apollo in the Lima inn - perhaps he did it", and the answer is "No, I didn't".

[Jan 9, 2014 9:35:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: How to connect to the client like Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

I think that both Trade Profiteer and YARRG use java's support for assisting blind people to use screen readers ("Assistive Technologies").

The YARRG is open source, and you can get a copy of the source code on the YARRG development web page. I have downloaded it and tweaked it with no problems. My understanding is that the Trade Profiteer code requires some proprietary tool kits, so even if the source was available, you would have to buy the tool kit(s) to do anything with it.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 10, 2014 4:03:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: How to connect to the client like Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

If you're going to work on something like this, then please use the PPX client for your reference instead of the current client, because Three Rings is moving toward deploying the PPX client for desktop computers and breaking all of the current software that works by grabbing parts of the screen display.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 10, 2014 10:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates