• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4103 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Randomite

Support Thread for the opening of blockades on the 21st. Reply to this Post

As our thread on Game Design was closed, I felt it necessary to make a new thread to show the extent of our support for this appeal. While the other outlets are used, I used the previous thread to support a petition I had already made, and therefore needed it open to show the extent of which this decision frustrated people.

Therefore, I've made this thread in what I feel is a more appropriate place. If you support the opening of blockades this weekend, post here.
----------------------------------------
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Dec 18, 2013 7:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mclive

Re: Support Thread for the opening of blockades on the 21st. Reply to this Post

I agree with the previous thread you had created. I feel it is unfair and very unprofessional for a game to make such decisions as this, with less than a week to the blockade times! Though I understand that many people have to go shopping / family / other events, you have failed to give the entire playerbase a true warning as to your decisions.

Therefore, I disapprove of the canceling of blockades, and wish for them to be re-opened!
Johnpickle, the pickle master.

/w Pickleofficial for a full list of real pickle alts

Cariadb traded: Booge's Heart
Johnpickle traded: Nothing
[Dec 18, 2013 7:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrsanders7

For the people looking for the previous thread Disengaged was talking about: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=196420
Carpaccio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GKowv1W7Oea5Ykpa9YPow
(Recordings of old cades and cadesims)
[Dec 18, 2013 7:51:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

I had to express how the Dis-Misa team felt when hearing the horrible news about the blockades closing in such a short time .-. after preparations and such *nods*
Frustrating, disappointing >>> Angry disengaged

*bows and leaves*
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Dec 18, 2013 7:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benarv

Comon guys....you're acting like the OMs chose to move the window back a week out of some logical reason associated with the needs of the player base. I'll bet that it's got a lot more to do with them still being unable to sort out the problem of their servers getting randomly shat on following any minor stress put upon it.
Pgoog says, "Hitch is the kind of guy who's nice to you...and you can't quite work out why"
[Dec 18, 2013 7:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Huntaz789

I'm sorry Disengaged but some people have to cook breakfast on January 12th so we will be EXTENDING the blockade window until this weekend.

Stay tuned because we may re-evaluate our decision 3 days before hand. So don't buy that stock.
Huntaz - Royal of Deal With It
[Dec 18, 2013 7:58:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Comon guys....you're acting like the OMs chose to move the window back a week out of some logical reason associated with the needs of the player base. I'll bet that it's got a lot more to do with them still being unable to sort out the problem of their servers getting randomly shat on following any minor stress put upon it.

Indeed. I mean, that announcement of structural changes on the same day as Longshot's petition to protect RSD's islands is purely just coincidental, right OOO?
Disengaged.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Randomite at Dec 18, 2013 8:06:10 AM]
[Dec 18, 2013 8:02:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Out of 52 weeks in a year, you are complaining that 2 of those weeks are cancelled. I see...

It was YPP's decision to cancel the 21st with no warning, and that is fine. Yes, you didn't get to keep your islands over a 2 week period. Oh well. You have another 50 weeks to try and get them back (and keep them).

Sure, you may have made plans to dominate the kade board this week and take oodles of islands. Guess what? You can't. Reschedule.

Just because something doesn't float right in your schedule, doesn't mean it should be fixed. Many people are not here around Christmas break due to family and travels.

Grow up and learn that life isn't always about what benefits you or a group of people.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 18, 2013 8:27:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Out of 52 weeks in a year, you are complaining that 2 of those weeks are cancelled.

No, we are complaining that someone who wanted to protect their islands for an extra week after defending against a BK the previous weekend can do so by simply asking for an extension, despite many, many flags preparing for the next weekend + last weekend's events relying heavily on what would happen this coming weekend.

If this was made 2 weeks in advance, fair enough. 4 days before it was due to happen, when it's too late for people to make amendments, is not enough.

You are making a mistake in assuming that every weekend, every flag goes all out to do everything they can. That is not the case. People make plans, they prepare, and then they act. This occurred right in the middle of many different flags + players plans, without sufficient warning, and gave a huge benefit to those who happened to be defenders on what was the final weekend rather than attackers - which will carry over to benefit them hugely at the start of January next year.

Grow up and learn that life isn't always about what benefits you or a group of people.

This is not life. This is YPP. I think you'll find that the person who was seeking benefits was the one who petitioned to have this weekend closed off. This benefits him, 95% of people were ready for this weekend to be a solid weekend, and the game loses out on that for the sake of him protecting his island/s.
Disengaged.

[Dec 18, 2013 8:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

This is not life. This is YPP.

You are so right. This is a game. That makes all the difference!

Things SHOULD be centered around you in a game. Things SHOULD work out for your advantage because you want to win. All because it is a game. Makes complete sense. Thank you for pointing out to me that life lessons do not apply in a game, and what you want to happen, should happen.

You are making a mistake in assuming that every weekend, every flag goes all out to do everything they can. That is not the case.

Where did I make this assumption? I would really like to see it.

People make plans, they prepare, and then they act. This occurred right in the middle of many different flags + players plans, without sufficient warning, and gave a huge benefit to those who happened to be defenders on what was the final weekend rather than attackers

To which I said: "Sure, you may have made plans to dominate the kade board this week and take oodles of islands. Guess what? You can't. Reschedule."

95% of people were ready for this weekend to be a solid weekend

Where does this data come from? I can't see 95% of the YPP population looking forward to the kades this weekend.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 18, 2013 9:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I think it's the correct decision that blockading is closed this weekend. Lots of people will be travelling to their families, getting set up for Christmas etc and the arguments that apply to the weekend of the 28th-29th apply just as much to that of the 21st-22nd.

However, it's definitely wrong that they changed the cade window after what turned out to be the last weekend. Any serious flag would have been considering whether to do something on the last weekend, many will have moved ships and stock and got a team lined up for an attack, and any that hold islands will have been preparing at the very least for a defensive blockade. That's all low-fun 'work' which was in preparation for some high fun blockade action, and which was actually completely unnecessary if we'd known that the window would close. I'm sure lots of flags would have made different decisions last weekend if they'd known it was the last week.

I'm not going to support your petition because to change the rules again 48 hours before the cade window would be even worse than changing the rules 4 days before. But I will agree that they shouldn't have closed this coming weekend after the cade window opened last weekend.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Dec 18, 2013 11:27:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

No, we are complaining that someone who wanted to protect their islands for an extra week after defending against a BK the previous weekend can do so by simply asking for an extension, despite many, many flags preparing for the next weekend + last weekend's events relying heavily on what would happen this coming weekend.

So you think that the ONLY reason this announcement was made was b/c one pirate asked for it?
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Dec 18, 2013 11:27:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runescapien

Disengaged wrote: 

I believe its probably worth mentioning that the BK you mention was a flotilla drop on our least valuable island, as it would be easy to mis-read what you wrote as we scuttled all our islands last weekend which I know wasn't your meaning.

In addition, to respond to posts made by DWI royals, i would like to point to the post i made (which does in fact exist) last Thursday after finding out that the weekend of 21st was not disabled, because (as I said in my post) people may have other commitments. As for my flag, we were able to defend a drop this weekend and were preparing to do so after being informed by another flag they intended to blockade us.

I fully understand and agree the change is late, but am confused as to why hate (mainly from DWI) is being directed at myself and/or RSD for me posting my view in the forum, which no one responded negatively to in the 4/5 days between me posting it and the announcement being made.

TexasBeech wrote: 

So you think that the ONLY reason this announcement was made was b/c one pirate asked for it?

Also, this. As someone else said, due to the magnitude of support for other (some as-simple) suggestions which have not been implemented, it is unlikely two people's support was the whole reason why this was implemented.
Longshot of the Meridian ocean
I used to record patching
No, I don't play runescape
[Dec 18, 2013 1:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaptklutch

Out of 52 weeks in a year, you are complaining that 2 of those weeks are cancelled. I see...

It was YPP's decision to cancel the 21st with no warning, and that is fine. Yes, you didn't get to keep your islands over a 2 week period. Oh well. You have another 50 weeks to try and get them back (and keep them).

Sure, you may have made plans to dominate the kade board this week and take oodles of islands. Guess what? You can't. Reschedule.

Just because something doesn't float right in your schedule, doesn't mean it should be fixed. Many people are not here around Christmas break due to family and travels.

I am complaining because they are just now admitting to the server getting heavily DDoss'ed and with their current system they do not have a strong enough protection. So those for the last week or so who petitioned to have kades closed or to have it reset as it was unfair and it was their fault it was unfair. Instead they gave the uniform reply of it wasn't their faults their server is working perfectly fine. Yet now they are admitting to it and are canceling kades.

So based upon what benefits me or a group of people. Its more about consistency. Do I care if I lost an island, no I will be back for it. Yet this is just one of the many things that are on my growing list with the current YPP team. Consistency.

The thing I would like to say to the OM's those who have scuttled the weekend before or this weekend coming. That the rule for scuttling gets applied for the First Weekend returning to kading. the rule that states if scuttled weekend 21 you cannot scuttle the next weekend of the 28th of kading. So in this case The weekend of the 14 and the weekend of the 21st if you scuttled you now cannot scuttle the weekend of the 4th. Its only fair and logical.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kaptklutch at Dec 18, 2013 2:04:45 PM]
[Dec 18, 2013 2:00:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fransalle

They wont open them. Its pathetic to see such bad communication from the OM's/Game Designers and the community, especially with the game dying off. Makes us want to play the game even less... either way this thread will be locked with just a few more posts so we cant voice our opinion [tarting] about the game.

p.s not posting to complain just trying to make this a better game dots...
Viridian
-----------
Iwnabeu
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Aphrodite at Dec 19, 2013 1:28:38 PM]
[Dec 19, 2013 2:12:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaptklutch

They wont open them. Its pathetic to see such bad communication from the OM's/Game Designers and the community, especially with the game dying off. Makes us want to play the game even less... either way this thread will be locked with just a few more posts so we cant voice our opinion [tarting] about the game.

p.s not posting to complain just trying to make this a better game dots...

+1
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aphrodite at Dec 19, 2013 1:28:53 PM]
[Dec 19, 2013 7:50:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

Emerald Ocean
I hate Kaltrina
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[Dec 19, 2013 6:08:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
Mrsanders7

This seems like a good argument until you get kicked in the cohones and told that life isn't always about what benefits you.

Also its not about the extra week of blockade closings, its more about the late announcement of it. I'm sure like everyone would have been fine with it if OMs just announced it before the last weekend of possible cading.
Carpaccio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GKowv1W7Oea5Ykpa9YPow
(Recordings of old cades and cadesims)
[Dec 20, 2013 12:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I love how people are arguing that it's not about what benefits me when it's already quite clearly benefiting other people rather unfairly.

I agree with what Carp said. If this was announced before last weekend, I'd have had no issues at all.
Disengaged.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randomite at Dec 20, 2013 5:24:35 AM]
[Dec 20, 2013 5:23:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

The problem with this petition is that the correct answer to "we're closing the blockade window early and oops it's in four days" is not "THAT WAS UNFAIR OPEN IT BACK UP IN TWO DAYS". You sound like a whiny child because you're using a good point - "the last minute closing of the window showed bad communication" - to effect a logical fallacy - "your last minute announcement was ill advised so we demand you make another last minute announcement reverting it".

Also, anyone who really believes the petition of one person caused the closing of the blockade window is rather deluded. No one's going to support your cause if you make up bullsh** to back it up.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Dec 22, 2013 4:46:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I only argue with what's in front of me, and that petition was the only evidence in support of closing this coming weekend at the start of this. The people who supported my point of view were primarily blockaders from different parts of the game, and those that were in a similar situation to me agreed, these threads proved this. Since all this began, there were announcements about how the game was taking a break both for players sake and to help stop the DDoS attacks, and to be honest, had that been the reason I'd known from the start I'd have agreed with it and supported it. Disappointed it was made so sudden, but I still agree with it.

The reason this thread was made in the way it was is that a lot of the major players in the blockade scene, who had been heavily involved in the build-up to the Christmas period, were frustrated about the sudden cut-off. Not from one ring or one flag, there was a pretty large scope, and to be perfectly honest I still feel like this weekend could have gone ahead as planned regardless of the fact that Christmas is on Wednesday. (Wednesday, not Monday.) To put it simply, when a lot of people involved from multiple sides of the same blockades are all saying similar things, it's worth taking a punt at getting what appeared at the time to be an unpopular decision reversed. If that's 'childish', then there will be many more 'childish' threads from me in future.

Most of the arguments against the support in the thread were based on this somehow being convenient for me or indeed any specific group of people. It did not do so more than any other blockading flag on the game. I wanted to make this completely clear as some people have obviously failed to understand this.

Since the several threads were made we've learnt more about the situation and we received more communication, which to me is just as much of a success as repealing the decision, and thanks to OOO for being straight up with the DDoS issues. I won't be discussing this any further as it's irrelevant and pointless to do so.

I wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. See you on the blockade board in 2014.
Disengaged.

[Dec 22, 2013 8:07:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates