• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2315 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Mrsanders7

Blockade closing window changed

Re: Blockades News and Island Openings

Confirming the blockade closing dates here. Islands will be closed for blockade on the weekend of December 28th.

- Pro

^ [Dec 10, 2013 5:59:45 PM]

Ahoy
I would like to ask that the island closing dates be reviewed and extended, as postedthis year blockades will be closed only the weekend of the 28th.
The weekend of the 21st has not been declared closed, which i find strange as it is only a few days before Christmas, and therefore I would assume a lot of people will have family/travel/shopping commitments.

Additionally, taking a look at previous years closings:

As we can see here generally in previous years, when christmas didnt fall on the weekend, the week before and after was generally disabled.

^ Longshot [3:33:34 PM] [Dec 12, 2013 10:46:22 PM]

Ahoy!

A correction to the above statement - To better accommodate our last minute holiday shopping blockades are now closed for the weekend of December 21st in addition to December 28th. Merry Festivus, everyone!

A note on scuttles: Scuttles were briefly disabled as part of the blockade shutdown process. They are now again enabled for your scuttling pleasure.

- Pro

^ [Dec 17, 2013 9:48:56 PM]

Dear OMs,

With the Window Closing to come me and multiple other people have been asking for the closing dates and got replies that it would be decided much closer to window close but we got assured it would be announced in time (e.g. BEFORE last weekend before window close). Last years the guideline dates from YPPedia have always been followed*. Yesterday we read the forum to discover the window has apparently be closed without any head's up prior to it and that all for the reason of accommodating better to holiday shopping?! Longshot posted ONE question to change window on which lots of people responded negatively within hours yet we happen to see a sudden change AFTER weekend of 14-15 december.

* (until yesterday it said 28 december as window break: This page was last modified on 17 December 2013, at 23:22. http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Policy)

In the years I have been playing these games Christmass periods have always been periods in which people played more, got active again and in which populations increased. Yes, people have to do some Christmass shopping but for the average puzzle pirates player there are way more busy periods all around the year. The last weekend before Christmass break has been the highlight of the PP cade scene for ages and OMs chose to just ignore all that and cancel it out for some shopping? I don't really understand why this decision was made and especially not why it has been taken at such unfortunate timing.

Sure if people don't want to organise a full blockade they don't have to and they aren't forced to do so. Putting up a defence tho really doesn't take too much time. Every decent flag has a fleet at the islands they want to own and keep and if they kept their island stocked then stock should be available too. People are too busy to nav: no problem you can throw in some newer navs and I am sure they will enjoy it too (probably even more than the everyday rockstar navver). Every flag has some people that can't show up for every cade. It's like that during Christmass and it isn't any different for the rest of the year.

Almost every cading flag dislikes the idea of this lately announced window replacement. Only a small amount of flags scared of the idea to get a blockade enjoy it. People have bought millions of stock, paid 100 thousands on swabbieing and spent their time to prepare a blockade. Some flags didn't defend at full force last weekend knowing they would get another chance in the last weekend and some flags let islands go to focus on other islands in the last weekend.

Therefore the question on behalf of almost all cading flags of the ocean to rethink the decision of window closing. I know most flags are having this question that's why I wanted to post It here rather than opening a personal petition where I get an impersonal standardized answer and a closed petition after an hour.

I've heard people/flags have been refunded for canceled cades by getting their jobber's poe back. If cade window doesn't get reopened, can I and all the other people that organise cades get refunds for swabbieing then and get refunds for the stock bought. Sure I can sell it again but no way I'm gonna sell it with less than a 15% loss. (A reset of my dnav stat which I booched during stock transport would be nice too) Also if we're now giving into some peoples personal schedule I would like to request a window break on every exam day I have in the year 2013-2014.

Thanks in advance

PS. Many thanks to tho the OMs in general for the great work they did all around the year, let's hope they can make the right choice again here.
----------------------------------------
Carpaccio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GKowv1W7Oea5Ykpa9YPow
(Recordings of old cades and cadesims)
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Mrsanders7 at Dec 18, 2013 7:00:24 AM]
[Dec 18, 2013 6:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Re: Blockade closing window changed

Good afternoon,

I'm extremely frustrated that there has been a decision made to cancel all blockades for the weekend of the 21st, and even more so that this decision has been made as late as it has.

This really screws over a lot of players on the game, many of which had made significant plans building up to this. People have invested a lot of poe into making sure these plans work. Last weekend we let islands go, on the understanding we could blockade again this weekend. As a result of your decision, we now have no oppurtunity to do so, and there was absolutely no way we could prepare against it as there was no suggestion or advanced warning that this was a possibility.

Considering that YPP is clinging onto it's current playerbase by a thread already with a combination of DDoS attacks and general game issues, it might be worth considering that annoying most of the players on the game, both those who were to compete in blockades and all those who had agreed to participate already, which with it being the final weekend, was a huge portion of the playerbase, might not have been the best idea OOO has ever had. In essence, by making this decision as late as you have, you have had a political impact on the game which under my belief OOO should never do.

As somebody who helps to create blockades to entertain players, I'm very, very frustrated. I don't understand the point in making an effort to create exciting gameplay for the players that are still left if OOO can pull a decision out of the hat to either cancel all blockades (as with the DDoS attacks,) or to simply make an announcement too late. It makes me wonder if it's really worth bothering to come back after Christmas and continue making an effort for a game that clearly has no regard for it's players - when it's the quality of the playerbase that made this game still alive today.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Dec 18, 2013 6:56:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Huntaz789

VERY well said man. I mean this is so stupid... like we plan for blockades for weeks, buy mils worth of stock and move ships. Putting in COUNTLESS hours for the cause and they confirm it at one time.... make us prepare... then out of the blue change there mind? just annoying, I know the whole active and some of the inactive meridian blockading community are in uproar about this silly and impulsive decision that's based on the rant of someone scared of blockading because he is to poor or is on his own personal holiday. NEWS FLASH its a team effort get someone else to be there.

But, if we are in the refunding mood can I please get the 3 large islands and medium island I purposefully dropped last weekend of the 14th-15th so I could plan to blockade them back because you know I was, like the rest of the ocean, under the influence that this was the second last weekend of blockading.

Also, I confirm what was said about the OM's doing a good job through the year and yes I am sure they will make the decision that best suits the YPP community as a whole
Huntaz - Royal of Deal With It
[Dec 18, 2013 7:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

So really, The main player base you are holding onto by the tips of your fingers that actually manages to keep the game continue you piss off, You decide that because you think people need to continue their christmas shopping this weekend. HELLO PETROL STATIONS ARE OPEN ON CHRISTMAS DAY FOR A REASON.

You are destroying the game with your own bad decisions, simply put.
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Duck_man2000 at Dec 18, 2013 7:12:05 AM]
[Dec 18, 2013 7:07:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I support the closing of blockades for those weekends.

Whether it is Christmas shopping, holiday breaks, focus on other things, or family time, these things are needed....even for OMs!
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Dec 18, 2013 7:21:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Whether it is Christmas shopping, holiday breaks, focus on other things, or family time, these things are needed....even for OMs!

The OM's are on duty regardless of whether there are blockades, or there are no blockades.

Edit: Just noticed the plural on weekends. We're not supporting the full opening of every weekend, just the repealing of a recent decision to close this coming weekend which had no advanced warning. It was made on player request, but the player that made it isn't of the views of, from the people we've spoken to, the large majority of both doubloon oceans.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Randomite at Dec 18, 2013 7:28:26 AM]
[Dec 18, 2013 7:24:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JonasVM

They could have decided it earlier then.
Furyxx on emerald.

The Special One
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JonasVM at Dec 18, 2013 7:27:32 AM]
[Dec 18, 2013 7:26:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Good game.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Dec 18, 2013 7:27:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamaji

They could have decided it earlier then.

I think everyone would have appreciated it if they released the new closing dates before the final weekend. Like previously said, certain flags had planned to regain islands they had purposely lost with the idea they had another week to get them back.
Kamaji on Emerald & Meridian(?)

Furkeyno says, "Kannst u deutsch?"
Nectarinez says, "furkey, get better at english before you take on another language pls"

disengaged op ba 2014
[Dec 18, 2013 7:32:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Ahoy!

Alas, the Game Design forum is not the proper place to address concerns to the Ocean Masters. If you have a support issue, question or disagree with a specific policy decision please use proper support channels, either a petition in-game or an email to our support department: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support to seek assistance for your concern.

Thanks,
- Pro
[Dec 18, 2013 7:35:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates