• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1078 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
1nkd

Require Excel Help Reply to this Post

Ahoy all,

I've got this idea that would work well for keeping track of crew fleets etc.

When you are in a crew and are in the dock you can press a tab called "where is my vessels" click where the vessels are and CTRL+A then CTRL+C (on a windows PC) This can also work for shops, commodities etc.

You can open a program like Excel or OpenOffice Calc and copy CTRL+V information from Puzzle Pirates.

[vesselName=Active Shad, vesselClass=smsloop, vesselSubclass=null, inPort=true, islandName=Scrimshaw Island, isLocked=true, isBattleReady=false, vesselId=5359069, sunk=false]

What I am trying to do in Excel is to organise the copied information so that it will transfer the information into following columns.

Vessel Name
Vessel Type
Vessel Class
Island Ported
Locked/Unlocked (false changes to unlocked, true to locked)
Vessel ID (Can come in handy referring to it if something goes wrong)
Last Updated (if no move made it does not update)
Ships Removed (Sunk, Pirate Left Crew, Sold etc)

Then when I copy and paste in the future in the existing document changes like Island Ported and New Ships appear.

Thanks,

Dia
----------------------------------------
Diagram on the Emerald Ocean.

Luckydrop says, "Diagram is the winner of a swift kick in the booty!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by 1nkd at Dec 17, 2013 2:12:12 AM]
[Dec 17, 2013 2:10:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Require Excel Help Reply to this Post

When you are in a crew and are in the dock you can press a tab called "where is my vessels" click where the vessels are and CTRL+A then CTRL+C (on a windows PC) This can also work for shops, commodities etc.

Word of warning: OOO has removed all support for copy and paste in their new YPP client. OOO has not said when (or even if) they are going to force us to use it, but based on how buggy/braindamaged other major releases have been when OOO pushed them out the door, the new client could be out in a month or two. At that point, your work here will be useless.

That said, there have been several such tools that people have developed to do what you want. Personally, I use use my own tool that hooks into where-vessel, but the "ship sort tool" sounds a lot closer to what you want.

Y!PP Ship Sort Tool v. 1.6
where-vessel
YPP BattleReady - A ship tool for blockade prep

I'm pretty sure there were a couple more, but I can't find them right now.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Dec 17, 2013 3:24:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brianjd

What I am trying to do in Excel is to organise the copied information so that it will transfer the information into following columns.

Vessel Name
Vessel Type
Vessel Class
Island Ported
Locked/Unlocked (false changes to unlocked, true to locked)
Vessel ID (Can come in handy referring to it if something goes wrong)
Last Updated (if no move made it does not update)
Ships Removed (Sunk, Pirate Left Crew, Sold etc)

You unfortunately have to recreate the Ship List each time that you want an updated ship list but these are the steps needed to sort them like that in Microsoft Excel 2010:

1. Copy and paste the information into cell A1 of Microsoft Excel
2. Click on the Data ribbon
3. Click on Text to Columns
4. Make sure Delimited is the checked in the box (well not checked, it's one of those bubble boxes so make sure it is bubbled in)
5. Check everything under Delimited EXCEPT Space and in the Other: section put an equals sign (=) and make sure that box is checked
6. I normally click Do not import this column (skip) on this step because it will take out the column that says vesselName
7. Click Finish

Ta-da, you now have a ship list, you will have to resize the cells for them to look decent (just click top left of all of the cells to highlight everything then double click between two cells like A and B and it will autosize everything)

Bonus tips on how to read and understand the ship list you have just made:

the Columns that say vesselClass, vesselSubclass, inPort, islandName, isLocked, isBattleReady, vesselid, sunk all refer to the column that is to the right of themself (i.e. if vesselClass is in Column B it is referring to Column C

vesselClass tells you what size ship the ship is (smsloop is a sloop and lgsloop is a Cutter)
vesselSubclass is for Limited Edition ships (doesn't tell you which ones are from mystery boxes like a Wine/Wine War Frig)
inPort if true, means that the ship is in port and is not at sea
islandName tells you what island the ship is ported at or I believe (could be wrong here) the island that if abandoned at sea, it would autoport at
isLocked if true, then the ship is locked by it's owner
isBattleReady if true, then the ship is set to Battle Ready by it's owner
vesselId I am not sure exactly how this number is calculated, but I believe that it is calculated by how many of that ship are out there, if you have sloop 1 then you have the first sloop ever on the ocean (I could be wrong here though)
sunk if true, means that the ship has been sunk and if you /vwho the ship it will say Resting at the bottom of the Sea

I hope my wall of text helped you out, if you have any more questions please feel free to post it here, because I don't normally read PMs on the forums.

P.S. Once you get used to doing this, making a ship list every time you need an updated one won't take long. It takes me 15-30 seconds each time I want one
Atropos says, "Ha,I'm afraid I cannot accept your crabs, sorry."
[Dec 18, 2013 8:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1nkd

Oh, wow! Thank you so much both of your for your help :D
Diagram on the Emerald Ocean.

Luckydrop says, "Diagram is the winner of a swift kick in the booty!"

[Dec 19, 2013 8:03:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates