• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3534 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
goregrindxv

Lotto Idea Reply to this Post

Before anything else, hear me out. I know this has been looked down by the lot of you but I wanna hear it first hand.

I am thinking of running a lotto, 1k per ticket. Buyer gets a ticket, he/she can't choose a number. The numbers will be given out in it's normal sequence. Say the first buyer buys one ticket, he gets #1. Second buyer buys 10 tickets he gets #2 to #11 so on, and so forth.

And as usual, numbers will be drawn via Random number generator like this. .

50% goes to our flag funds, the winner will take the other half or will divide it 30%, 15%, 5% to three winners.

The thing that deviates this from the normally offered lotto is that it will be televised/streamed online on twitch.tv. The streamed video will show my screen, this will include the PP client with my pirate along with the participants and my browser on the side, perfectly jumbled up like what you see when you do the alt+Tab thing on Windows. This is to ensure legibility but the event will also have the disclaimer like:

Please note that this event, as with any lottery, raffle or auction, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Please post your thoughts. Flamers with sense are welcome <3
----------------------------------------
Deadcode - Emerald

"That moment when you realized you are born 9 months after your father's birthday. Coincidence -- I think not."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by goregrindxv at Dec 7, 2013 3:40:29 AM]
[Dec 7, 2013 3:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

Re: Lotto Idea Reply to this Post

This idea is not new. I suggest you go to any ocean's event forum and look at any attempt to do a "lotto". If you're lazy and don't want to look: you'll be laughed out of town.
-Gagundss
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gagund at Dec 7, 2013 7:16:05 PM]
[Dec 7, 2013 7:15:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
b0nde00

nevermind.
Deadcode - Emerald

Eating ears since 1969
[Edit 1 times, last edit by b0nde00 at Dec 8, 2013 4:57:22 PM]
[Dec 8, 2013 4:57:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goregrindxv

I kinda knew that. Searched all dub oceans for it. Even saw Artemis is against one, thus the streaming idea. Oh well..
Deadcode - Emerald

"That moment when you realized you are born 9 months after your father's birthday. Coincidence -- I think not."

[Dec 8, 2013 4:59:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates